On TV...........Tonight !

lwien

MY DEPRESSION (THE UP AND DOWN AND UP OF IT)....HBO---9:00pm ET.
Author Elizabeth Swados has written, candidly and sometimes humorously, of her long bout with depression. Tonight, those thoughts are collected in an animated short film, with voices provided by Sigourney Weaver, Steve Buscemi and others.

POV: "WEB JUNKIE"----PBS---10:00pm ET
China is the first country in the world to declare “Internet addiction” a national health crisis – and the country is seeking ways not only to define this new “illness,” but to treat it. Web Junkie looks at a real-life program that sounds like the stuff of A Clockwork Orange fiction: a three-month program designed as high-tech rehab, to wean addicted web users from their online habits.

lwien,

lwien

"NOVA" Chasing Pluto----PBS--9:00pm EST

Close up pics of Pluto by New Horizons after a 9 year flight.

For me, it's not just the pics of Pluto but also the reaction from mission control that should be pretty entertaining.

GetLeft

Wild shit seeing how they can get that thing out there like that. I was trying to remember why it failed but they cut the end short. Didn't it bounce first due to the anchors blasting too hard into the surface in such little gravity, sending it back off to land a second time in a nicely shaded corner?

And that Mexico Trinidad game was something else, too. Lots of bouncing and blasting and gravity in that one!

GetLeft,
Top Bottom