Old Head Measuring Spoon

Slartibartfast67

tl:dr - an awesome luxury item

I can't believe there isn't a thread for this tool yet, but a search failed to find one, so here goes. Yes, this is a post about a scoop :-)

I finally broke down and bought one of these some time ago, before I got my freight train, in spite of being perfectly happy with a wood handled scoop I bought from TRWW. I guess seeing so many of the people I watch online using it finally convinced me. Same thing with the brilliant cut grinder, TBH.

I hesitated to buy it at first because of the cost. Now I am glad I did. It's just so satisfying to use. It has a weight and a design that just makes it a joy to handle. It's very well balanced. The tamp is very useful. One scoop seems like the perfect amount for an injector bowl such as for the freight train, which it fits perfectly. The fact that the curve of the scoop fits the curve of the brilliant cut grinder base is very nice. It is durable and will likely last your whole life unless you take a hammer or hydraulic press to it.

Now, at $40, this thing is a bit of an extravagance. If you can't or just don't want to spend $40 on a scoop, there are certainly perfectly good cheaper options available. However, if you can afford it, and want a well made tool that's a pleasure to use, I don't think you'll be disappointed. I certainly love mine and use nothing else any more.

RAG

Been looking at this old head and love the simplicity in the design, also feels like it would last forever. Anyone knows if is fits to tamp a Mighty/Crafty dosing capsule or the Air Vape Legacy Pro?

ChooChooCharlie

Been looking at this old head and love the simplicity in the design, also feels like it would last forever. Anyone knows if is fits to tamp a Mighty/Crafty dosing capsule or the Air Vape Legacy Pro?

Same diameter as S&B capsule

OH-spoon-and-Sn-B-cap.jpg

It will not fit inside the capsule

But it will fit anything an S&B capsule fits into: Mighty/Crafty bowls, etc

Read in AirVape Legacy Pro thread that caps fit diameter-wise, just too tall, so the spoon will tamp it OK

RAG

Same diameter as S&B capsule

OH-spoon-and-Sn-B-cap.jpg

It will not fit inside the capsule

But it will fit anything an S&B capsule fits into: Mighty/Crafty bowls, etc

Read in AirVape Legacy Pro thread that caps fit diameter-wise, just too tall, so the spoon will tamp it OK
Thanks for the reply, couldnt hold myself and looked into the diameter of the capsules and the spoon before you replied and the spoon is a couple of mm too big. Since I´m a hardcore capsule fan this wont work for me. Would probably work for the Airvape Legacy Pro capsules tho, but will search for something similar but that has a smaller diameter on the tamp side so I can use it on all my devices.

onmahgrizzyy

Curious if anyone will have a sale on this for 420. To be fair it will probably only save a couple of bucks but I don’t want to kick myself for not waiting a few days for a sale

onmahgrizzyy,
Reactions: Madri-Gal

Chicken No Name

Dazed and confused
It's just impossible to get one of these outside of US / Canada..
Nope. I got mine about a year ago. Love it

Top Bottom