Not exactly cheap but not expensive bubblers

arf777

No longer dogless
I'd been trying to find a Mobius strato matrix for almost a year, always out of stock everywhere that carried it I could find. So I ordered the Bent version of it last week from nnsoutpost. Just got here. It pulls exactly like the Mobius one I've used, but I think some of the glass is a little thinner in places - need to get out my mini-calipers. Not bad considering the price and that I couldn't find the Mobius one.

Two notes - the site says NNS ships with UPS, as it said at checkout too. But they actually sent it by USPS Priority. I've had some problems with USPS Priority before, though not this time, as have some other people. FYI.
2nd - From my own typo the wrong apartment number got entered . I tried contacting NNS repeatedly to deal with it, by email and thru their website, and never got a reply of any kind. Luckily my postman recognized my name long russian-jewish name and got it to my apartment anyway:)

redglassgallery

JHANPIXEL
Glass Blower
from experience, if your package is light ( which a bubbler should be )
its cheaper and faster to go USPS priority and the vendor may upgrade you to air shipping w/o notice

that being said - u always want to double check and confirm shipping address and method when ordering gear online - u dont want ur goods to be sent the wrong addy it can cause issues w. neighbors and etc

redglassgallery,
Reactions: ou812?

arf777

No longer dogless
Didn't even get a chance- it already broke!! Fell over while on the floor, not even from a low table, and immediately broke into 4 pieces. Only the top section - above the the splash guard- was 5mm thick. The rest is thinner, mix of 3mm and 4mm, and I don't know if it's borosilicate - At least I've never had boro break with such little force before. First piece in a long time that I actually liked when i used it and it breaks on the 2nd day!

Speaking of which - can anyone recommend something comparable to a 3 disk Hitman turbine tube? Can't get them anymore either. One of those is my daily driver - not too much filtration but not too little, easy pull, ice pinches and splash guard - but I've had to fix its broken base twice. Don't know what I'll do when it breaks and can't be fixed. I like my LW, but with my asthma acting up I need some cooling in addition to water conditioning, and I've never seen a piece by him with ice pinches. I've been told he just doesn't do them.

arf777,
Top Bottom