noob confused on vaping science

trichurious

I'm searching as much as I can to learn about vaping ie like wondering how many times you can vape the same bit over and over, differences in temperatures/effects and so on. Never vaped as of yet.

So most of the vaping discussion seems to be about one big vaporizer (some Volcano thingy) which blows into a bag and you suck it from said bag. I'm not really down for something as massive as this yet. I quit smoking the stuff 20yrs ago cause of the massive anxiety it gave me (hash back then, strangley no weed in my youth, prob just got the cast off crap with worst effects but hey ho) and just recently had another crack at smoking the tiniest amount, this time potent weed. Well the effects to me seemed identical to all those years ago, a weird detachment that stops focus and concentration on anything and easily get the giggles, in fact absolutely everything is highly hilarious to the point of becoming droolling spaz :lmao:unless one is own their own :ko:

The effects I'd ideally like are less detachment from reality, and more focus sharpness, but I hear this is more of a high THC thing which in turn people complain of higher anxiety, so it all seems rather catch 22. But these days being extremely experienced and you could say almost a veteran of paranoid feelings, I feel I could perhaps mentally sort myself out should I get any neg effects of that kind these days.

I digress anyway, my main point of this post was to ask about ordinary vaporizers that are like a pipe that you can share with your friends.

1) So if I put a tiny amount in let's say an Atmos Vicod (cheapest temp controlled hand held thing I can find), if I take one hit at say the lowest temp (350F I believe), and then pass it to a friend, will they then get the exact same effect as me if keeping it at the same temp, and would there be enough to go 3-4 hits (I have 4 friends total :lol:) at the one temp all getting the same effects?

2) From what I read, I gather that the ABV gets browner and darker the higher the temps go through it, but does it get darker and show more usage simply the more hits you take at one temp, or would it be a case of, if you never went over 350F, it would stay the same colour (tan, whatever it may be) but you'd get no more hit from it ever again until you go hotter?

3) If the answer is correct nooby well done, then how would you know there's no more hit left at this temp? I read that for the bagging type people say they keep going til there's visibily no vapour left, but in most vids of straight vaping I see there's no visible vapour on exhalation anyway, so how would this be a measurement of hitness?

tia

trichurious,
Reactions: Ozyzj

shredder

I'm searching as much as I can to learn about vaping ie like wondering how many times you can vape the same bit over and over, differences in temperatures/effects and so on. Never vaped as of yet.

So most of the vaping discussion seems to be about one big vaporizer (some Volcano thingy) which blows into a bag and you suck it from said bag. I'm not really down for something as massive as this yet. I quit smoking the stuff 20yrs ago cause of the massive anxiety it gave me (hash back then, strangley no weed in my youth, prob just got the cast off crap with worst effects but hey ho) and just recently had another crack at smoking the tiniest amount, this time potent weed. Well the effects to me seemed identical to all those years ago, a weird detachment that stops focus and concentration on anything and easily get the giggles, in fact absolutely everything is highly hilarious to the point of becoming droolling spaz :lmao:unless one is own their own :ko:

The effects I'd ideally like are less detachment from reality, and more focus sharpness, but I hear this is more of a high THC thing which in turn people complain of higher anxiety, so it all seems rather catch 22. But these days being extremely experienced and you could say almost a veteran of paranoid feelings, I feel I could perhaps mentally sort myself out should I get any neg effects of that kind these days.

I digress anyway, my main point of this post was to ask about ordinary vaporizers that are like a pipe that you can share with your friends.

1) So if I put a tiny amount in let's say an Atmos Vicod (cheapest temp controlled hand held thing I can find), if I take one hit at say the lowest temp (350F I believe), and then pass it to a friend, will they then get the exact same effect as me if keeping it at the same temp, and would there be enough to go 3-4 hits (I have 4 friends total :lol:) at the one temp all getting the same effects?

2) From what I read, I gather that the ABV gets browner and darker the higher the temps go through it, but does it get darker and show more usage simply the more hits you take at one temp, or would it be a case of, if you never went over 350F, it would stay the same colour (tan, whatever it may be) but you'd get no more hit from it ever again until you go hotter?

3) If the answer is correct nooby well done, then how would you know there's no more hit left at this temp? I read that for the bagging type people say they keep going til there's visibily no vapour left, but in most vids of straight vaping I see there's no visible vapour on exhalation anyway, so how would this be a measurement of hitness?

tia

If you have issues with anxiety I would recommend you use something with cbd in it. Even a blend would work. It would be helpful to research cdb, and other cannabinoids and terpenes, for effects. Now days there is a lot of strain info on the web.

You might want to look around this site, there are many more vapes than a few bag vapes. And new designs spring up frequently.

1) no, every time you inhale there will be less cannabinoids available for the next inhale.

2) if you never went over 350F the abv would not darken as much as if you hit a higher temp. But you also would not be completely vaping active ingredients that vaporize at higher temps. Also high temps get harsher, so it's a personal call on temps.

3) experience will help here. All vapes work slightly different so it's not a one size fits all as regarding vaping technique. If you can't see visible vapor, most will still taste or get a mouthfeel if there is active ingredients in the vapor. I personally quit when the taste fades, or the hits get harsh, even if there might be something left in the abv. Again it's your call, so do lots of testing, lol.

cobra505

Defined
So first of all your like me. Temps aren't going to help you with your anxiety. I'm not sure what type of research you have done, you didn't mention it. You should check out Leafly.com, you can setup custom filters and it will pick out a strains specific for your needs.
One thing about Forums and getting advice it's all good, but one thing to remember is that everyone is different. What works for one person doesn't necessarily means it will work for you, but doesn't mean it won't either. Do your research.
I suffer from advance neuropathy pain. In the beginning I was researching smoking a blend of a combination of 1:1 CBD:THC was supposed to be great for this type of pain. Tried different strains with this combo, no dice. What works for some again might not work for others. You might find some luck with some good strong Indica strains. Their great for anxiety, stress, sleep. Good luck. Cobra505!

Krazy

So most of the vaping discussion seems to be about one big vaporizer (some Volcano thingy) which blows into a bag and you suck it from said bag. I'm not really down for something as massive as this yet.
Ummm... No? These are large, high traffic forums with knowledgable, helpful people. Best kind in my opinion. However: It can be very overwhelming for new guys and those starting out in a specific knowing. In this case vapes and what not.

At a guess you stumbled into threads talking about the Volcano. Or those threads were trending. Not the first, second, third, etc., vaporizer of choice for all but a few in these forums.

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/things-to-consider-when-purchasing-your-first-vaporizer.464/
Will help you figure out what ones are probably best for you. Assuming that you are not doing volume consumption or partying with bunches of other people you don't need a big vape at all. So, depending on whether or not you need discrete pocket portability, either a portable or a smaller desk top like a log vape.

That helps you narrow things down a lot. Add in $$$ and things like how important "OMG, big clouds!", taste, mildness of use, etc are and you will end up with a few choices.

If you love the tech end of things then stick with electronic. If you don't want to mess with that right out of the gate $50 gets you a basic (but still very high quality) M model VapeCap.
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/dynavap-vapcap.18853/
https://www.dynavap.com

As far as strain usage goes? That is one of the things that terrifies the pharma companies. Cannabis isn't a single med, its a poop load. Hopefully you are either in a dispensary enabled state or are well hooked up. You need to try out a bunch and see what helps you.

In general pure Sativa/Indica strains high in THC may not be for you. A hybrid of the 2 gives a balance between mellow and manic. And as cobra505 mentioned, something with a high CBD content could well be perfect for you. AK-47 is a good starting point for that as it tends to be available most places and pushes both of the above mentioned buttons.

ghost

So most of the vaping discussion seems to be about one big vaporizer (some Volcano thingy)

That was the thinking via 2005. The vaporizer scene and industry has progressed a lot since then. You can get vaporizers that are much more efficient for a third of the price these days.

ghost,

trichurious

I suffer from advance neuropathy pain. In the beginning I was researching smoking a blend of a combination of 1:1 CBD:THC was supposed to be great for this type of pain. Tried different strains with this combo, no dice.

If 1:1 is no good for you then what did you find was best?

Guess I should've stated what I already know, in terms of research we're talking on average a few hours a day for about two years, so a decent amount ;)

What I can conclude is what someone has already mentioned, everyone is different. So common to hear "sativa is euphoric, indica sedative" yet hundreds of facebook medical cannabis page testimonials stating the precise OPPOSITE.

Another big one I can gather is the ratios of a given strain actually mean nothing unless you've gotten a clone, don't know if dispensaries do clones or not, (I'm from UK) but seed will see that "oh yh ac/dc is 3:1 pal" figure change DRAMATICALLY to something completely differnent; from a mere seed. I'm obviously talking about growing here, but if t'was from a store, no peice of paper lab test thing could ever be trusted anyway. Heard some horror stories about those dispensaries too.

Thanks for the info krazy, I've always been very interested in cannatonic, sour tsunami, AK47, ACDC etc, but again in seed form, literally no idea what the strain will truly come in at. I've been researching mostly about oil anyway, but with oil all you have are different consuming methods, when I read about the different temps releasing different compounds I found that more interesting. However I could never vape the amount required to cure disease I very much doubt, as I'd be off me rocker 24 7.

Like you all say, only thing one can do is experiment, cheers :tup:

1) no, every time you inhale there will be less cannabinoids available for the next inhale.

So if you wanted to guarantee you were all getting as close to the same high as possible (which obviously the traditional burning way would have done so), the only way to do this would be put a fresh load in for each person to vape? While keeping hold of your own 20% used ABV for later? And then all use your ABV's a half hour/hour later at 10 degress higher maybe?

I guess this is where the bag side of it is better cuz I guess you all just take a % of the bag...hmm yes quite obvious when you think about it. It's just a handheld device is easier to carry around...

Last edited by a moderator:

shredder

So if you wanted to guarantee you were all getting as close to the same high as possible (which obviously the traditional burning way would have done so), the only way to do this would be put a fresh load in for each person to vape? While keeping hold of your own 20% used ABV for later? And then all use your ABV's a half hour/hour later at 10 degress higher maybe?

I guess this is where the bag side of it is better cuz I guess you all just take a % of the bag...hmm yes quite obvious when you think about it. It's just a handheld device is easier to carry around...

No guarantees, because there's too many variables. Besides differences between buds, we all have unique metabolisms and how we react to mj is dependent on our own cannabinoid receptors.

My wife can use much more than me to get the same effects. Im bigger, used many more years, but that doesn't matter, it's our individual makeups that make a difference.

Krazy

Good point on session/large capacity vapes losing potency as you go. I never deal with that as I do a fresh (mini) load for every use. Although I expect that large combustion bowls do much the same. As soon as you start smoking the top the temp of the smoke going through whats underneath is hot enough to vape it. Hopefully someone more knowledgable than I will fact check that last bit.

And just to make things even trickier, don't forget strain tolerance.
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/tolerance-with-different-strains.9577/

HighSeasSailor

It's not really that complicated or variable. Two or three people passing around a vape with sufficient oven capacity for three people to use to satisfaction won't give an uneven experience to the third in rotation. Using a personal size vaporizer for a party will probably work poorly unless everyone just has a separate session, but there are portables and obviously desktop models more than large enough for several people to enjoy at once. Alternately, get a Vap Cap, every hit is fresh, everyone takes a fresh dip of herb. Or everyone has a Vap Cap, they're quite cheap. You could afford to keep several of them on hand for guests for less than you'd pay for a lot of electronic models.

Combustion doesn't yield a consistent session either. Pipe users all know to edge the green - because the bowl degrades with every hit and by hitting along the edge every hit is equally "okay but not great" instead of one person getting a big green hit all to themselves, or the first hit being a wonder and the rest tasting like garbage. Joints get noticably shittier the longer they burn, both in effect and taste, as the herb itself is used as a filter for the combustion crap, only to be recombusted and give you a tarrier and nastier hit every time.

MinnBobber

..........................................................................................................................
And to throw in another variable, on some vapes the first hit is more whispy as it gets the herb up to temp. Second or third might be strongest.
In a party use, it tends to average out like 3 people: #1 starts and it goes thru all 3 and #1 again. Second fill and #3 starts, etc

And your above method of fresh load for each person relies on scale accuracy so that can vary on these small small loads...

cobra505

Defined
If 1:1 is no good for you then what did you find was best?
I get myself into a heavy couchlock with a good Indica. I've tried edibles of all different strengths, gummies, wax. I can't do Sativa's because I have anxiety and the strain sets me off if it's more than a 10% mix. They were actually naming the 1:1 a while ago they were calling it the "Entourage Effect".

What I can conclude is what someone has already mentioned, everyone is different. So common to hear "sativa is euphoric, indica sedative" yet hundreds of facebook medical cannabis page testimonials stating the precise OPPOSITE.
I'm confused. What that everyone's THE SAME?

No guarantees, because there's too many variables. Besides differences between buds, we all have unique metabolisms and how we react to mj is dependent on our own cannabinoid receptors
You can say that again, my wife can smoke me under the table any day of the week, LOL.

Good discussion.

cobra505,
Reactions: Ozyzj

C No Ego

..........................................................................................................................
And to throw in another variable, on some vapes the first hit is more whispy as it gets the herb up to temp. Second or third might be strongest.
In a party use, it tends to average out like 3 people: #1 starts and it goes thru all 3 and #1 again. Second fill and #3 starts, etc

And your above method of fresh load for each person relies on scale accuracy so that can vary on these small small loads...

there is usually one really good hit out of any vape session.. it happens @ about the third to 5th hit in... first few hits are always the flavor hits that make you smile... clouds make you smile too but that flavor :tup:

Top Bottom