Non-Medical Street Oil

Teonanacatl

So I've recently moved into a new area (in Florida). I had previously never given a thought to concentrates in non medical state because they weren't around. But in this city flowers seem to be even more over priced than normal and I've met one person who talked about hitting oil in his g pen and also mentioned some oil rigs he had, and my buddy was offered a dab at work (lucky). I've sampled some traditional hash that was most likely bubble hash that was potent and I could definitely see it being imported medical.

I guess my question is if you guys have any experience with the quality of street hash, specifically oils? If they are of lower quality, will that affect the way an oil pen, say an Omicron V1 would function or would it be mainly potency and taste that would be diminished?

I'm working on getting in contact with these people, but being in a new town that process is going slowly.

Thanks!

Caligula

Maximus
Purity is important with the Omicron and persei carts. You need to perform a foil test on your meds before putting it in a cart. Take a dab and put it on a sheet of aluminum foil then heat it with a lighter/torch from underneath. The concentrate should completely melt and run around the foil, eventually vaporizing off with little to no residue. If that doesn't happen, don't put it in an omi/pers cartridge.

Also just because it comes from an mmj dispensary doesn't mean it doesn't suck. I've had my share of poorly made meds from clubs here in CA.

BTW if u can for sure get flowers you may want to consider making your own oil.

Teonanacatl

Thanks so much for the info. Though even at <300 an ounce, thats over 50 a gram even if I get 5 grams of extract. Although I suppose if I get inferior oil I could clean it up a bit.

Teonanacatl,

Caligula

Maximus
Thanks so much for the info. Though even at <300 an ounce, thats over 50 a gram even if I get 5 grams of extract. Although I suppose if I get inferior oil I could clean it up a bit.

Once you're more established, see if you can just buy shake/trim. When people sell that stuff (private dealers or dispensaries), its at a substantial discount over full buds/flowers. In most cases, they are happy to get rid of it at a profit unless they are making concentrates themselves and don't have extra.

Also, IIRC you can make oil from ABV flowers... although I know zero about it. There are a few threads on it in here somewhere.

Caligula,

aesthyrian

Blaaaaah
Where I live I don't touch errl unless I've made it.

I would suggest the same to you, or to anyone else still living in a non-medical state. I have seen some really gross looking shit, and who knows what materials where used to make it.

Just some friendly advice. :peace:

Buildozer

Baked & Fried
Where I live I don't touch errl unless I've made it.

I would suggest the same to you, or to anyone else still living in a non-medical state. I have seen some really gross looking shit, and who knows what materials where used to make it.

Just some friendly advice. :peace:
even out here in CA, you have to be very selective at the dispensaries when it comes to solvent extracts IMO.. there are ~ a hand full or so name brands that i have heard of that are reputable.. but other than that i wouldn't even mess w/ the rest.. you would be surprised how many of these dispensaries are pushing poison like it's all good.. and all the people that combust can't taste whats wrong usually.. either that or the majority still don't know what to look for.. they get high and say it's the bomb.. i'm like you, i would usually rather make it myself or pass on it.. don't get me wrong.. i'll test a batch but i won't keep hitting it if it's not good enough IMO.. i rarely chance buying some one else's work, unless it's known to be legit.

Last edited:

Teonanacatl

Right. Makes sense, its just not economical to buy overpriced flowers to make it, I guess I'll just not deal with solvent extracts right now.
where in florida are you?
North Central. Big school.

Thanks for all the friendly advice guys, this is an awesome community.

Teonanacatl,

aesthyrian

Blaaaaah
Yeah, you have no idea what these people are using, could be gross unsmokable trim blasted through a pvc tube, with a shitty filter, using low grade butane with unacceptable levels of impurities as well as lubricants and other nasty shit, and then there is the purging, or lack thereof. And winterized? Ha, forget it.

There is a lot to making a quality extract, but really most of it comes down to giving a shit and wanting to make the best product possible. The product most people are interested in making is $$$ and not quality bho, unfortunately.

I totally agree with Buildozer, In my many travels to Denver I have had some amazing hash, and just some god awful garbage. All "dispensary grade" which apparently just means it will get you high. :puke:

aesthyrian,
Reactions: Buildozer

Buildozer

Baked & Fried
Yeah, you have no idea what these people are using, could be gross unsmokable trim blasted through a pvc tube, with a shitty filter, using low grade butane with unacceptable levels of impurities as well as lubricants and other nasty shit, and then there is the purging, or lack thereof. And winterized? Ha, forget it.

There is a lot to making a quality extract, but really most of it comes down to giving a shit and wanting to make the best product possible. The product most people are interested in making is $$$ and not quality bho, unfortunately.

I totally agree with Buildozer, In my many travels to Denver I have had some amazing hash, and just some god awful garbage. All "dispensary grade" which apparently just means it will get you high. :puke:
very well put aesthyrian, a lot of product around here is made of harvest trash IMO/E.. there is a selection of stuff made w/ better materials and even nug.. but majority is some dark, nasty, unpurged oil IME.. it also is almost always not purged all the way.. it's bad enough that i can actually tell by looking most of the time(w/ oils and shatters), unless you pay for better wax.. but when it comes to the purge, that should not be a factor.. if you want to make a solvent extract to sell legally as medicine, then you should have to do it exceptionally IMO.. it's all about the money though and if people are uneducated/getting blazed off of unpurged wax, then the producers will keep making it half-assed.. why purge for 6+ hours when you can purge for one and people eat that shit up :disgust:... again, this is sold legally as medicine :disgust:.. FUCK THAT SHIT.. yes at the dispensaries, you can pretty much forget about winterizing IME.. i personally test the batch periodically, and purge until it's done(super smooth and no stains on the nail).. not for a set amount of time.. and it usually takes a very good chunk of the day.

Top Bottom