Cannabis Hardware (formerly NewVape) FlowerPot Twax Vaporizer

Vapoz

Hope this is an okay section to ask about it, was wondering if anyone had experience going from the epicvape e-nano to the FP vrod. I love my nano, easily my favorite vaping device, but I'm beginning to want a better way to dab concentrates. Currently I just sandwich shatter or crumble in the middle of some flower, so being able to dab properly off the same unit I use flower for would be amazing.

Only disadvantages of the FP seem to be that it needs more space, it needs to be hit through glass, and it's expensive. I don't really use my nano unless I have it plugged into some glass, so I don't think the second point is a big issue for me.

Has anyone else done a similar upgrade path?

This is so strange, I was wondering exactly the same. Have an E-Nano right now and jumped into concentrates. Tried dabbing with the E-Nano with hemp fiber on 8.5. Don't know why but liked the taste with a quartz banger more.

So now on the verge of upgrading to a Flowerpot V-Rod, I don't like the refilling with the E-Nano, so the bigger bowl will help me out. Does anyone know a good EU-reseller? I will try to wait for 4/20, but the lockdown is putting more fuel to my VAS.

Vapoz,
Reactions: BigJr48

Matty

I feel like I'm not worthy of the Vrod. Most efficient, heavy hitting vape I've touched period.

Btw, anyone have suggestions for the best place to order some quartz terp pearls from?

jr1xt1

Does the vrod have any quartz dish options for the concentrate end of the device? The "sic dish" looks great but it'd be nice to have a quartz option

jr1xt1,
Reactions: ataxian

710yota

Have you heard about the boom on Mizar 5?
I continue to love my VROD, has almost completely killed my desktop VAS. One thing that's been fun is watching the color change over the months from the heat. My VROD has went from silver to gold and is now turning a real dope shade of purple.

I feel like I'm not worthy of the Vrod. Most efficient, heavy hitting vape I've touched period.

Btw, anyone have suggestions for the best place to order some quartz terp pearls from?

I got my terp pearls from Greek Glass and some more from 710coils.

Does the vrod have any quartz dish options for the concentrate end of the device? The "sic dish" looks great but it'd be nice to have a quartz option

I might be wrong but I believe quartz used to be an option for the VROD dish but got phased out because it wasn't as popular compared to the sic. If you look at older photos for the VROD you'll see the clear quartz dish on top. Sapphire is another option for the dish but it is $$$.

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...

NewVape does NOT offer a quartz dish. While I wouldn’t use that over my Sapphire dish, I wanted a backup, and have yet been able to find a 30mm quartz dish anywhere. I suspect there is little demand for this odd size. I ended up buying their NV SIC dish for $60.00, that’s my backup, have yet to even use it. I suggest getting a backup you can afford, one never knows how long companies or products will be around. Other then the PID and coil, and of course the DISH we are discussing, I bought my DCup & WeedEater because the build quality and materials are industrial made, and should outlast the few needed accessories that can be sourced later. The dish being the one item, that without, would cripple the device.

Let us know if you come across a 30mm quartz dish, with proper height and thickness.

Opps, thought I was in the DCup - TCup thread. Sorry...

jr1xt1

NewVape does NOT offer a quartz dish. While I wouldn’t use that over my Sapphire dish, I wanted a backup, and have yet been able to find a 30mm quartz dish anywhere. I suspect there is little demand for this odd size. I ended up buying their NV SIC dish for $60.00, that’s my backup, have yet to even use it. I suggest getting a backup you can afford, one never knows how long companies or products will be around. Other then the PID and coil, and of course the DISH we are discussing, I bought my DCup & WeedEater because the build quality and materials are industrial made, and should outlast the few needed accessories that can be sourced later. The dish being the one item, that without, would cripple the device.

Let us know if you come across a 30mm quartz dish, with proper height and thickness.

Opps, thought I was in the DCup - TCup thread. Sorry...

Still you make a good point, I should probably plan on adding an extra sic dish at some point to be safe.

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
Was just going thru a drawer trying to find something else and stumbled across my OGFP... 16mm I think?

20200330-073024-01.jpg

jr1xt1

Has anyone who has upgraded from something like a nano or a silver surfer to the FP found any need to keep the old desktop vapes? One thing I'm trying to figure out is whether or not I'd want to sell my nano after getting the FP.

RustyOldNail

Does anyone know if sic and titanium are safe to soak in simple green?
I stupidly soaked my adonized aluminium grinder in it and it stripped the adonizing off, so I know it's strong stuff.
Thanks.

I only use SG on my glass rigs, and it cleans my Sapphire dish incredibly well. If it stripped your anodized aluminum, then why try more metals? It “might” be ok on the SIC material, but since you vape off it, I wouldn’t.

Matty

Has anyone who has upgraded from something like a nano or a silver surfer to the FP found any need to keep the old desktop vapes? One thing I'm trying to figure out is whether or not I'd want to sell my nano after getting the FP.

I've had the Vrod for a few days, and as much as I love my SSV, I can't see going back to it for solo use. But if you regularly session with multiple people it's probably worth keeping the SSV around for that.

Never used an E-Nano though.

Last edited:

YaMon

Vaping since 2010
I've had the Vrod for a few days, and as much as I love my SSV, I can't see going back to it for solo use. But if you regularly session with multiple people it's probably worth keeping the SSV around for that.

Never used an E-Nano though.
I agree (Own a couple of DaBuddhas). That said I recommend adding quartz balls to the stem around the ceramic heater (not the stem you load herb into) as @ohmygodimsohigh did recently.. turns these whip vapes into real beasts worth keeping around.

Edit: I see a lot of FC’ers using Simple Green for cleaning. No way this FCer will risk doing sop no matter how many times the item is rinsed. SG is nasty stuff I do not trust. Just my two I cents.

Last edited:

snamuh

ghost
I agree (Own a couple of DaBuddhas). That said I recommend adding quartz balls to the stem around the ceramic heater (not the stem you load herb into) as @ohmygodimsohigh did recently.. turns these whip vapes into real beasts worth keeping around.

Edit: I see a lot of FC’ers using Simple Green for cleaning. No way this FCer will risk doing sop no matter how many times the item is rinsed. SG is nasty stuff I do not trust. Just my two I cents.
Do you have a vendor link for the quartz balls?

snamuh,

RustyOldNail

FWIW:

Crystal Simple Green® Industrial Cleaner and Degreaser
Crystal Simple Green Industrial Cleaner and Degreaser is a powerful, industrial-strength cleaner and degreaser formulated for critical cleaning applications that demand high performance from a fragrance and color-free solution. This highly-trusted cleaner utilizes an orally non-toxic, non-flammable and biodegradable formula, making it the ideal cleaning solution for a variety of industries where sanitation and safety are of equal concern. Clean-rinsing, concentrated and cost-effective, Crystal Simple Green is the sound choice for food processing & handling, industrial, manufacturing, electronics and parts washing industries, cutting through tough grease, oils, built-up grime and other residue without harsh or volatile chemicals. The formula is NSF labeled A1, A2, A4, A8, B1 and C1 for use in commercial kitchens, food processing plants and other areas where food is prepared or handled. It is able to validate below 10 parts per million in rinsability requirements for cleaning in cosmetics, medical and pharmaceutical environments where Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) are followed. OSHA exempt from special handling and personal protection requirements, Crystal Simple Green is a safer alternative to caustic cleaners.

SDS HERE: https://resources.cleanitsupply.com/MSDS/SMP19024_MSDS.PDF

YaMon

Vaping since 2010
orally non-toxic
Uhm, but if I was using SG and there were trace amounts following cleaning I would be inhaling a vapor form of SG. It strips the anodizing from metal? No thanks, but that's just me and that 's what makes the world go around.

YaMon,

710yota

Have you heard about the boom on Mizar 5?
I'll be a third to say I haven't touched my SSV after I got my Flowerpot, I still love it and want to use it somewhere but its been in its bag for months now.

I use simple green to get some of the chazzed material my sic insert and terp pearls as that is what @710Coils uses, as far as I know I'm not dead or brain damaged yet :ko:. That being said I'm no expert, I would just use ISO for more normal cleaning, usually most of my flowerpot cleaning involves nothing more then a brush and some really hot water

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Uhm, but if I was using SG and there were trace amounts following cleaning I would be inhaling a vapor form of SG. It strips the anodizing from metal? No thanks, but that's just me and that 's what makes the world go around.

Anodized stuff contains sealers/dyes; I posted a link with info about this recently in the Herb Grinders thread - http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/herb-grinders.15/page-416#post-1455625

"In context of biocompatibility and ISO 10993, the anodized surface provides a barrier against the aluminium, but the coating is porous, thin, and subject to corrosion from cleaners and biomedical environments. Anodizing does not stand up well to bleach, as an example, and any dyes will not stand up to repeated sterilization as the sealant is broken down and the dyes leach out."

I'll be a third to say I haven't touched my SSV after I got my Flowerpot, I still love it and want to use it somewhere but its been in its bag for months now.

I use simple green to get some of the chazzed material my sic insert and terp pearls as that is what @710Coils uses, as far as I know I'm not dead or brain damaged yet :ko:. That being said I'm no expert, I would just use ISO for more normal cleaning, usually most of my flowerpot cleaning involves nothing more then a brush and some really hot water

I used to clean my SiC Halo/VROD with distilled water; if you want to try it just set the vape to a temp where it will boil moderately and use a dropper to squirt a bit of water in the dish, it will boil and lift all the gunk off, at which point it can be q-tipped out.

After a few hits while still warm, the bowl can be q-tipped from the bottom which will clean up any reclaim that's accumulated there. The FP is super low maintenance :nod:

Chris_CH

Company Rep
Company Rep
Dnail dishes fit the Vrod, so if they offer a quartz dish, you could pick one up from them. It is correct that it is just not as popular. It has been concluded, on this forum, that the taste of SiC is simply superior than quartz.

Please correct me if im wrong.

Baron23

I have used SG on SiC inserts and IMO the SiC is NOT porous and a simple rinse leaves the insert ready for use.

However, rarely do I do this as I use a similar @invertedisdead. I put the PID set point lower than water boiling point....I set at maybe 190-200 F. Then add a couple of drops of water....then, with qtip in hand, add one drop of ISO (I used hobbyist syringes for this) and immediately start to qtip because the ISO will lower the solutions boiling point.

Comes out pristine.

TheCheeseSmeller

Thanks for the replies about SG and sic.
I've tried using 190—200 and water, but it's no cleaner than leaving it soaking it hot iso. I've tried adding a little iso to the water in the dish at 200, but that didn't work either. The only way I can get it anywhere near clean is to scrub with a bamboo qtip after a long hot iso soak. But even then I can see residue left behind in places.

TheCheeseSmeller,

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Thanks for the replies about SG and sic.
I've tried using 190—200 and water, but it's no cleaner than leaving it soaking it hot iso. I've tried adding a little iso to the water in the dish at 200, but that didn't work either. The only way I can get it anywhere near clean is to scrub with a bamboo qtip after a long hot iso soak. But even then I can see residue left behind in places.

Is 200F your temp on the controller? It's been a while since I had my VROD but I think a 200F dish temperature translates to more like 350-450F on the PID controller.

As far as SiC goes... if that doesn't work, you can always blowtorch it. I've always been able to clean it perfectly with water though, preferably distilled water as it cleans/functions a little different chemically than standard tap water.

invertedisdead,
Top Bottom