1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

NewVape FlowerPot Twax Vaporizer

Discussion in 'Plug-in Vaporizers' started by natural farmer, Nov 17, 2016.

1. NewVape710

NewVape710 Seeking Higher Ground Manufacturer

2. Shrike

Shrike Flower Potted, Maxed & Carta'rized

^^^says this when I clicked on the link..."Oops,an error occurred."

3. turk

turk turk

..works nice now.

YaMon and Shrike like this.
  4. fatbiker

fatbiker Well-Known Member

5. VaporWare

VaporWare Well-Known Member

The whole handle system really looks great now! I’m glad you kept testing and refining it after the first design. Definitely buying one or more soon. :rockon:

I’ll buy it either way, but I’m curious, does the dabber end get very hot when it’s on a carb cap that’s left on the FlowerPot for a little while, or does this design minimize the heat transfer that end?

I’m not familiar enough with heat transfer through wood wrapped metal (especially with the minimized wood-metal contact in this design) to know how quickly heat should make it to the other end.

Summer likes this.
  6. newvape918

newvape918 Company Rep

The entire assembly is indeed metal so the dabber end will get hot still. Not sure if it delays it, but for some reason i doubt it...now this is speculation. Only Ed really knows at this point. Hes the mad genius.

VaporWare and Shrike like this.
  7. chaos_theory

chaos_theory Member

Very nice! Going to look out and get one of those handles for sure.

Anyone still having issues with getting a ring with still green flower in the middle of the bowl with the vrod rev b? I've tried less in the bowl and I really don't like higher temps. I usually set at 585 and will hit multiple times really enjoying the flavors. I know the uneven ring on the flower has been covered extensively here especially with the vrod but I still can't seem to get a handle on it.

Other than that, still loving my rig and I show it off whenever I can. Hell I even get free bud out of it from a friend who constantly gets new strains and wants to use it just so he can taste it!

Logic and JCat like this.
  8. emmdeemo

emmdeemo Showing off because he's tired

What glass are you using? Is it a chugger? Whats your inhale speed? Capped or uncapped?

Give us ya parameters, buddy! :)

9. chaos_theory

chaos_theory Member

Haha fair enough!

I have the 12.5" stereo matrix from newvape site. I do a slow steady draw uncapped mostly, but have tried capped. The rig is larger than my others and being a wider 18mm I feel the slower draw helps to get a nice hit for me. Otherwise it's just not extracting enough it seems.

I have smaller rigs that are more dab style and those I draw a bit faster but I seem to still have the issue.

My only current guess is maybe I'm packing too much flower?

emmdeemo likes this.
  10. PandaLee

PandaLee Well-Known Member

I was away during that discussion, and now have the Vrod revb. Haven't paid too much attention to it, but have noticed the outside getting darker sometimes. I usually stir after each hit (gives me something to do as I recover from previous hit), so I never really looked into it. I'll test out different rigs and methods tonight to see when it happens most for me.

emmdeemo and graydeh1 like this.
  11. VaporWare

VaporWare Well-Known Member

I do up to about 3 scoops from NewVape’s loading tool, and that should fill the bowl, but I don’t pack it down or anything. If you have an *extremely* fine grind that might make it more difficult for the air to get consistently through everything, but other than that or being packed down too much I don’t think it could be a packing problem.

Generally though, to get vapor production faster you need to set the temp higher and/or cap at least the first part of the draw. The faster the extraction goes, the fewer draws you need to finish it.

If you do go to like 700 or higher though, you might want to load less. At 777 for example, I just cover the screen and use a medium draw ramping up to fast as vapor production starts, and it’s pretty quick.

I hope that helps!

12. Baron23

Baron23 Well-Known Member

Yep...I'm 700 with about .15 g as a load (1 and 1/2 of a NV scoop with fine grind...so, maybe up to .2 g). I would rather reload more often (easy peasy with a FP) that slog through too big of a load long after taste is gone. And, i think I get more even extraction but that's all subjective opinion.

Cheers

13. chaos_theory

chaos_theory Member

Cool thanks for the help all. I'm going to experiment again with loading less and raising the temp maybe.

While I don't pack it down I do put a good amount in there and sometimes with higher temps it combusts the flower on the top of the bowl which is really close to the vrod.

I'll return with more results soon :rockon:

emmdeemo, graydeh1 and VaporWare like this.
  14. WelshBrok

WelshBrok Enthusiast from the Signus 5 Expanse

I’m at about 3/4 of a Nv scoop of medium/fine grind @ 570 on the auber capped with 2 SiC terp pearls and a revA vrod and I'm probably getting 3 full almost instant vapour hits (pretty long draw and fast enough to spin the pearls) and a bit of cleanup. I think the combo of cap and pearls is giving it a more even cook but it’s difficult to tell whether it’s the angled cap and/or pearls making the difference

emmdeemo and graydeh1 like this.
  15. newvape918

newvape918 Company Rep

Fellas fellas, the handle is now up.

Fancy...if you ask me.

[​IMG]

Ramahs, SEAttown206, Logic and 9 others like this.
  16. nodrog

nodrog Well-Known Member

YaMon, Roth, Doktor Dub and 6 others like this.
  17. emmdeemo

Looks like the problem was found :) If you're packing that much in that the top of the load can scorch due to proximity to the FP head, then yeah, the dark ring is likely. If you push one variable to a bit of an extreme, another variable will have to be changed to accommodate, and expectations adjusted accordingly :) I usually push vapes to see their limits in similar ways :)

Out of interest, what reason do you have for large loads? That you dont wanna refill the bowl or that you have a fairly large tolerance?

18. emmdeemo

SiC balls arrive today!

wildything and Justpassedu like this.
  19. Doktor Dub

Doktor Dub Well-Known Member

Enjoy it, still one of the most beautiful Rigs i have seen here :love:

BigJr48, Roth and nodrog like this.
  20. Jblizz

Jblizz Active Member

Anyone here use their FP with a 10mm rig?

I’m currently using my weedeater on a 18mm tube with a matrix Perc and enjoy the experience. But I’m looking into getting a new heady piece and while I’m thinking of going with a 14mm, a 10mm rig has caught my eye. I’ve personally never hit a 10mm rig, but I’m worried the restriction may be an issue? I know many dabbers prefer 10mm, but flower is generally 14/18mm. Any input would be appreciated, thanks.

mixchu69 likes this.
  21. emmdeemo

Finding it a bit tricky to get 8 SiC balls moving that easily, trying 6 instead. 6 seems just a tad easier to get it all moving.

22. thevapist

thevapist Well-Known Member

Yea, I commented on that after I got mine and experimented. I am still using 7 with the single angled hole VROD cap.

emmdeemo likes this.
  23. Baron23

Baron23 Well-Known Member

Not me....I have mostly 14 mm but went in the other direction and generally use my 18mm stemless can glass for my Shower Head.

I seem to like a bigger rig with the SH.

Easywider, BigJr48 and YaMon like this.
  24. wildything

wildything Well-Known Member

Yes 10mm rigs work(I use an 18mm glass bowl and 10mm adapter tho).

I dont usually notice too much restriction but I also use the 10mm glass for flavor so I tend to take smaller hits than using a larger tube.

25. emmdeemo

Two hole carb cap here, but I also have a one hole. The difference between the two in how easy it is to get balls moving is quite large, so I'd hoped it might make 8 usable, but not really.

Maybe one more hole in my carb cap might do it, a three hole cap, but then I suspect there will start being a trade off with having too much airflow etc

Last edited: Jun 14, 2019
    wildything likes this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors