• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Cannabis Hardware (formerly NewVape) FlowerPot Twax Vaporizer

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
One angled-hole carb cap will indeed spin spheres with no manual spinning/turning of the cap. IME.

YMMV, but I don’t see how. Would more holes make them spin faster? I can understand having 2 holes on opposite sides but I’m not clear about what going with a 3 or 4 angled-hole cap will add to the experience? Perhaps someone who has a 3 or 4 hole version will speak up and educate me because I am not an expert.

Also:
:smug: VVVVVVRRRRRROOOOOODDDDDD!!!!!! :smug:

Tommy10

Indeed. Mine stuck so much it ended up making me have to buy a new nut for my Showerhead. Over time it oblonged the hole from sticking. The TI post resolved all those issues.

I’ve bent the handle trying to pop the stuck heater in the past, I’ll be getting a Ti post next time I order some stuff (shipping down under is a bitch), until then the spike works perfectly fine! Will admit the post is cooler but I shall not be twisting my baby again!

YaMon

Vaping since 2010
Things are sure quiet in FlowerPot land. I'm not sure if this is good or bad thing? Are there any new suggestions to the flowerpot line up?
Sure, careful what you ask for! How about slightly retooling the ShowerHead so it also has wrench flats? I would also like to see some improvements to the safety stand, the debowler is awful close to the HOT heater stand, I am thinking a rectangular shape like the Tray Base stand you make may be better than the circular stand (Debowler on one end, stand on the other). This new stand could be rotated so it is ambidextrous, but having storage for bowls as well as tools unlike the Tray Base.

notlow

Things are sure quiet in FlowerPot land. I'm not sure if this is good or bad thing? Are there any new suggestions to the flowerpot line up?

Honestly I think you guys are killing it as far as the current VROD revision is concerned.
If I had one dream it would be to optimize flow for high inhalation speed for dry herb hits.

MrSaturn

I just got my flowerpot a few weeks ago so still figuring everything out, but overall it’s awesome! I can’t think of any ways to improve the actual vaping functionality, but here are a few accessory ideas:

• A fully insulated handle for the carb cap. I know that there are a few things that fit, but I’m looking for something like the insulated bowl handle that is fully covered but the length of the loading tool. The bowl handle is too short and puts your fingers close to the hot cap/head, while both the loading and dab tools are not fully insulated. The dab tool especially gets hot pretty quickly when used as a handle.
  • A bowl or new stand for the debowler that lets you put a lid on it while the spike is screwed in. That way I can keep the lid on when I’m not debowling to reduce risk of spilling. +1 to the above comment about decreasing proximity to the head stand too. I might personally prefer a completely separate debowler bowl - I’m not too concerned with compactness when using a desktop vape and it solves the proximity to the hot head stand issue completely.
  • Some kind of optional silicone wrap or wood cover that goes around the vrod head to insulate it and reduce burn risk. While I agree with a lot of the reviews that say that the flowerpot feels like having a candle in your room, I think this would make it less scary for new users. Wood might be nice since there are so many options and it’s more customizable. I’m not sure if either of these materials would work based on head temps though.

I’d buy a longer insulated carb cap handle today, the other two are more nice to haves.

Cannabis-Hardware-Ed

Seeking Higher Ground
Manufacturer
@MrSaturn we do have the stainless threaded loading tool with high temp silicone. If this interest you and you decide to order send a message to support@newvape.com and request the silicone be 6" long so you can cut it to the desired length. https://www.newvape.com/threaded-loading-tool I will also look into creating a stylish handle from wood that will screw into the carbcap.

@notlow If you use the flowerpot with a smaller 14mm size glass and bowl you may find the flow rate your looking for. I find the 14 and 18 drastically different.

@YaMon would you prefer to stick with alum? Would you consider some hardwood. CNC milled either way. Such a large block of alum is going to be expensive. Please give me some idea of length and width and I will post some sketches for discussion. here are some ideas of raw material alum costs. 18" long x 8" wide x 2" thick is $115 | 18" long x 6" wide x 1" thick is $35

Thank you all for the ideas.

Roth

Pining for the Mountains

Maybe somehow revise the safety/debowling stand so the Vrod carb cap fits like the SH cap? The handle can be on the SH cap either vertical or horizontal and it fits neatly on the stand.

If the Vrod cap has the handle horizontal, it sits cockeyed in the slot since it falls past the lip the SH cap sits on. If the Vrod handle is vertical, it's no issue since it sits flat on the bottom.

Keep up the good work, my SH and Vrod are still rocking the vapor output!

thevapist

@MrSaturn The idea of the insulation for the VROD head sounds good at first, but it's not like it's really going to prevent every accident. I think it's kind of like a gun, just treat this thing like it's always dangerous.

With that said, I keep it on a marble counter top and away from anything flammable. But still, you never know. I'll be adding a timer soon, even though I've been good about shutting it off.

My debowler is also not near my post. I have the post in the other mid size hole with the thread in the bottom center.

@NewVape710 I can't really suggest much, it's been awesome the past 2ish weeks. It is so easy to use and delivers every time. I had someone who has never used marijuana before in any form use it and they had 0 issues getting huge clouds. It's not some finicky desktop vape with a steep learning curve. Easy to use, hard to master though. I'm still discovering sweet spots and techniques. So easy to clean everything too.

I have to order the 14mm adapter and see how it compares to the 18.

Tommy10

Okay guys, dumb question probably. I have a vrod, that’s not a flowerpot is it? It’s newVape Vrod and a NewVape flowerpot? Because I’ve just been telling people it’s called a “flowerpot”

Tommy10,
Reactions: Roth

Tommy10

Also to add, just an observation. I like making coconut oil from my ABV, I ring most of my bud right out on Max in all my vaporisers.

I ring the shit right out in the flowerpot, got 3 of the large hole full of ABV, was about 5g.
Made a coconut oil drink out of it (I like to throw it in with some ice cube chilled milk and a straw the oil goes chunk in the glass and taste so nice hoovering it up the straw) guzzled it in one go. Now this is the largest ABV I’ve consumed in one go, and I felt relatively nothing, which leads me to believe the Vrod will strip basically everything out of your herb.

This is at around around 690 generally, and usual style is .05-.075 and milk it out in the first hit, if I dumped it after that I’m sure it would be some nice ABV, but I’ll usually hit it a second time after that, and if I get much visual vapor I sometimes hit it again.

Not much science behind this observation, but still mighty, HA, and even my on demands that get higher than most regulated ones I’ll get some bennifit from the ABV. I’m saving up another batch now at around 3g I’ll try again at 7.5g

Roth

Pining for the Mountains
Okay guys, dumb question probably. I have a vrod, that’s not a flowerpot is it? It’s newVape Vrod and a NewVape flowerpot? Because I’ve just been telling people it’s called a “flowerpot”

The FlowerPot is NewVape's line of desktop vaporizer. Both the Showerhead and Vrod are different designs/versions of the FlowerPot. You can think of FlowerPot as the more general term, and the SH or Vrod as the more specific model.

Cannabis-Hardware-Ed

Seeking Higher Ground
Manufacturer
@Tommy10 the "vrod head" is one part to the flowerpot desktop vaporizer ecosystem. I use 2:1 ratio for my oil. 2 cups coconut oil, and 1 cup avb. I simmer this on low heat for 40 min. I then filter with funnel and coffee filter. Then use this infused oil for baking brownies. I end up only being able to function after eating 1/2 a brownie at a time. I use my vrod flowerpot set on 575 because I prefer the flavor and saving something for the brownie. Please remember to clearly mark and lock up all edibles. Here's an old video

@thevapist fyi the auber control has a built in timer. Here's a video of how to make one from home depot parts.

Vaporware

There have been several versions of the FlowerPot from the original to the Wrap-Around, the ShowerHead and now the VRod. Any of them could be rightly called a FlowerPot though. :)

To make it slightly more confusing though, I believe at least one other company made something they called a FlowerPot too. I don’t think it was ever as popular though.

Edit: Didn’t reload the page for a few mins and you already had 2 answers by the time I hit post! :lol:

Last edited:

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
@Tommy10 if memory serves, way back when Edwyn was unveiling the ShowerHead, his vision was the “FlowerPot” name would be an umbrella/“family name” for the individual vaporizer heads that NewVape would release in the future. So you’ve been correct, everything is cool baby, both the VRod & ShowerHead are Flowerpots. I really like this idea and in my mind, has helped create a clear break from earlier NV VRod models.

@NewVape710 it seems to me that FC in general is more quiet in January, at least the last few years?
I will throw out my idea that adds no functionality, I still think that making little endcaps for dabber/loading tools that have the threading would be fun. Spheres, hexagonal, little caps - whatever your brain can come up with, would be VERY cool if they have “NV” on them. Offer them in Ti for Ti tools, an SS one for the Loading Tool, even little bits of different Hardwoods, idk.

For those who don’t screw their tools to the base and have multiple with threading, it would just give a finished look. Having the open threads is probably not a big deal, most probably don’t even think about it but if NV offered something and they looked really cool, I think they would become a very popular add-on “why not?” item.

But I will try to think of something more functional; however I think you should definitely consider making a new generation SH head: no Ti trough, still w/19 holes and the encased coil & cool wrench-flat profile of the VRod. It’s a flower-only option, so no twax function but not many folks are dabbing on Ti these days.
I’m fairly certain that you would see a massive increase in SH sales and interest, plus the VRod owners/new buyers are still more than likely going to buy the extra SH head. Why would they? Idk, but I sure will! I know you could definitely do this and have it out in time to build buzz & capitalise on 4/20. Please?!

EDIT: D’oh! Me too, sorry @Tommy10 and everybody for my long windedness.

Tommy10

Ahhh cleared that up! Cheers. So NewVape is company flowerpot the make, showerhead/Vrod the model. I’d love to get a showerhead but that’s a while off, so far I’ve got a couple people living it! Hard to convince them to drop the money though, the bud savings is the biggest seller once they know it works.
I’ve only tried the Vrod and I know it’s awesome! So I’ll habe to remember to call it a “Flowerpot Vrod so people who wanna get one know exactly which one they tried.

@NewVape710 im positive I’d get awesome brownies if I went lower temp! And I do like reusing my ABV, but I think I’d prefer to just rip all the goods out and I guess now dump it. But I will try knocking down to around 650 and see if I can get those big monster hits + keep some goodies for the tummy.

Just dropped it down to 655... more than happy with the hit! NewVape rock! Vrod rocks!!!

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
Personally, I think if you've got a vrod, the showerhead is more a side grade than a direct upgrade. It may very slightly have the edge for flower only, but vrod is way better for concentrates. I have been happy, selling my showerhead after I got the vrod.

still performs amazingly with herb. also still on my NV enail box from Aug 2017!

Alexis

Personally, I think if you've got a vrod, the showerhead is more a side grade than a direct upgrade. It may very slightly have the edge for flower only, but vrod is way better for concentrates. I have been happy, selling my showerhead after I got the vrod.

still performs amazingly with herb. also still on my NV enail box from Aug 2017!
That's good to hear Muunch and always nice to see you posting. I remember when you first got your Vrod you had some configuration issues initially, puzzling you and others by affecting performance.

It goes to show again how you can sometimes start faced with a brick wall with a new vape setup. You clearly figured it all out anyway.

Big love going out to the whole FP crowd. Have fantastic weekends all around, from sunny Bedford UK. :)

thekayo

I have some interesting comments from the designer of the sublimator in my messages on IG. He was commenting on some pictures of the flowerpot saying how they stole the design and that the flowerpot uses hit patent. I disagreed with him because the flowerpot is clearly an upgrade and a complete revision. He then proceeded to dm me thinking that I designed the flowerpot saying that I am infringing on hit patent and he is coming back strong. :rofl::mental:

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
Oh I love the VRod too, it IS amazing with flowers, in no way am I unhappy! Please, especially dear @NewVape710, I hope I haven’t given a different impression; I agree that a modified SH head (or SH as it is) is more of a lateral move. But a business can’t have too many revenue streams and I think the SH has been out for a while and the VRod is now NV’s go-to for concentrates.

After all, Edwyn did ask for suggestions for additions to the FP lineup. I’m just saying that a gen2 SH head, even if it’s herb-only would sell quite well and increase FP sales overall. There’s still lots of combusters and vaporists who only use flower & don’t anticipate wanting to dab or use any sort of concentrate. It’s easy to forget about that when you’re heavy into interwebs cannabisculture. What about all those stoners who are otherwise healthy but love their bong hits? Won’t somebody think of the poor stoners?!!

That’s a huge untapped market for one of the very best heavy-hitters IN THE WORLD.

And then there are a few people like me who would get it because it’s shiny & NewVape.

Actually @thekayo I’m with you, they’re two different animals. Dude’s high, good luck with his patent. Can you imagine if Edwyn did re-engineer the sublimator and how much better/simpler it would be in use?

Top Bottom