Cannabis Hardware (formerly NewVape) FlowerPot Twax Vaporizer

MAbud

I mentioned that as well but just on the forum and not to Edwyn directly. I want to re-buy the Showerhead after trading with my friend for the Rev A VROD, but I would love to buy it with the same styling and fit as the VROD. Would be the next evolution of the Showerhead IMO. Same performance if not better meaning lower temps just because of the way it fits together.

I’d purchase one immediately. I have dedicated dab rigs and use my NV exclusively for flower

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
VRod at 625, capped; bouncing between the Panhead and EHLE bowl. I love them both to be honest, glad I don’t have to choose. I also really like the bowl by the guy @Justpassedu introduced and what’s now the NV glass bowl. And I’ll be grabbing a Shovelhead before too long, mainly so I’ll have a reason to pester Lori.

I completely understand now why/how people slowly (or not!) acquire more NV gear and are always chomping at the bit for something new from Edwyn. I’m not a collector or completist but when there’s so much nice kit on offer and the service is this personal? I might be slow, but I get it now. Love the VRod!

@newvape918 I’d like to ask you to share my thanks with those on Team NV who might not see this!

Anybody know when the big Tegridy20 giveaway is announced? Or did I just miss that somehow?

Peace and Love unto you all, FlowerPot brethren. :leaf:

zor

0wtyVZ3.jpg

Enjoying some Diesel Dough and King's Stash flower with a dab or four of Secret Formula (aka Secret Recipe) shatter.

Happy holidays all, merry Christmas, and may 2019 be a better year for all.

Alexis

Hello everybody. Im sorry I didn't visit tbis thread sooner to say a very happy christmas to you all. And another big thank you for all the advice and information given for all.
Shit Im too stoned for words so I wont try. I had to pop in though.

My mum has only sporadicallt used the Showerhead. Today she did and I think this time she may just make a habit out of it. From having just convinced herself to give up using cannabis indefinitely.
I do genuinely believe that she would get so much benefit healthwise from using this medicinal machine which is how I regard it first, with Recreation following (and what a bonus, right?:brow::rockon:).
She has just been very stubborn and resistant about actually allowing herself to afford this luxury and enjoyment in life for various reasons.
But I think we may have finally overcome these blockages.

Which is fantastic. Most of all because my mum gets the benefit from advanced medicinal support from organic medicine with the amazing pleasure of the Flowerpot stoning experience.
:):rockon:

One day at a time. It did sadden me to have it unused though as well.
I might need some tips etc from you all after all, soon.

I have some 66% CBD Wax. My mum is up for trying it. (I will be allergic) .
We have no idea what temp for Showerhead? Im guessing 600 capped?
Maybe lower. Sorry I should know this. No urgency just next port of call.

Happy Christmas everybody. (Well high btw.):leaf::)

Alexis

Yo, hope you all had a nice few days and feeling refreshed. Does anybody have any temp suggestions for 66% CBD wax on Showerhead?
My mum wants to try for pain relief. I suggested 600 capped? But just guessing really, I cant test it out myself and I want her to have a good experience right away.
Thanks for any ideas.

ejackyou

Hamilton
I've read much of this thread, but may have missed out on anything regarding
the use of a Digital Infrared Thermometer for experimenting with measuring
temperatures and offset with the Flowerpot, wouldn't it help take some of
the guess work out?

ejackyou,

Alexis

I've read much of this thread, but may have missed out on anything regarding
the use of a Digital Infrared Thermometer for experimenting with measuring
temperatures and offset with the Flowerpot, wouldn't it help take some of
the guess work out?
I dont think it is all necessary. There is no guesswork exactly, just configuration and preferenece through trial and experimentation.

This is as easily achieved how things are, in fact much more easily without the extra and unnecessary step you are proposing. There is no problem getting the Flowerpot to work for any individual just like any other vape it takes a little while to dial it in but you don't need any high-tech equipment or extra information or feedback.

You really dont need to rigidly adhere to a fixed concept of vaping at a device or self measured, precise, rock steady, unvariable exact set temp of 190 C for instance.

If I was using the FP and I wanted gorgeous, smooth controlled low temp vapor I would know to set controller to 550-570 perhaps. Match my draw speed with what I have become accustomed to to basically control, create the exact vapor I want...REGARDLESS of what I think or what my device or equipment tells me the temp is here, there or anywhere.

Sorry but I had to emphasize that. This is just how the Flowerpot works and how people use their senses and intuition to get the perfect level of vapor to suit their system for effects and comfort. If its too hot, too sedating, too harsh etc...you feel it, and you adjust.

But with this vaporizer there is an enormous window of temperature variation that you can vaporize at and get different effects without it being the case or better/worse, less or more.

And once again, it really ain't so black and white. You CAN deviate, wander off path. If you don't like it wander back and stay on that narrow line nothing wrong with that.
I do hope I am making some sense.

Last edited:

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
Great comment, @Alexis. That's the point, numbers are just numbers. It only makes sense if you want to know your real temps bc of scientific reasons - but what for? But in this case an IR thermometer doesn't deliver accurate temps because of the reflecting surface you have to use an k-probe.

Alexis

Great comment, @Alexis. That's the point, numbers are just numbers. It only makes sense if you want to know your real temps bc of scientific reasons - but what for? But in this case an IR thermometer doesn't deliver accurate temps because of the reflecting surface you have to use an k-probe.
Thanks mate, and also another point I forgot to express to @ejackyou whose fundamental interest appears to be in very precise temperature controlled vapourising at specific temps- every strain and batch of herb, plant etc, will vary slightly in the exact temperature required to create the exact same quality and level of vapour and extraction.

So even if you have your device tuned in perfectly to your ideal preferences at exactly 190 C, different herb will likely need a temperature or other adjustment to get that same vapor and extraction.

Which makes trying to measure and stick to precise, exact temps even less appropriate, useful and can actually be counteractive.
Im so cained still from last sessions this morning (back to bed until 4.30 pm) so cant thonk too straight, but I hope @ejackyou can appreciate what I am getting at here and why it is so much more effective to use your senses and intuition to continually dial in the experience in every specific situation. Not more so with a system like the Flowerpot.

And it is one of the greatest beauties of the Flowerpots, you have a larger array of variables to tweak every aspect of the set-up to your exact preference, than is common with most other vaporizers.

Okay on with my evening. More medication to come presently following treatments, not that I need it but you know how it is!
Have a great evening everybody. :)

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
<- VROD IS A SERIOUS MEDICAL DEVICE PROCLAIMS SOME RANDOM DUDE IN ENGLAND! :haw:

The VRod really seems to help with my neuropathic and muscular pain, although sometimes I’m quite high before I take a moment to actually register the relief and resulting relaxation. It’s almost like a surprise! With the family around 24/7 for the holidaze, testing has been limited to the odd occasion here and there but I certainly settled right into the methodology. I’m still exploring and feeling my way along, but it’s very intuitive and still capable of versatility, I’m enjoying the learning process for sure. Thanks again NewVape!

fatbiker

Over the past few years my primary desktop has been a Volcano. Recently, I've began looking into alternative desktop units. The Flowerpot definitely has my attention. Are e-nail version vaporizer more efficient than the Volcano? Can someone who has used both he FP and the Volcano give me a comparison between the two. Likes, dislikes, etc.

Is it possible to put small amounts of material in the FP and still get good performance? Sometimes I prefer smaller loads.

Also, what would you recommend for a starter to buy? I see there are a TON of accessories and bundles on NewVape's website. I want to buy just the unit and a few necessary accessories. I look forward to hearing your feedback. Thanks!

fatbiker,
Reactions: BigJr48

Zangano Cruel

IG zan.cru (code) zancru (5% NV checkout discount)
Some slow prime to heat up the bud, and taste those first terps.
Then capped the ShowerHead for thick clouds.
NV FP ShowerHead is so open airflow, at this time for me, I'll need to add water to the pipe, or cap like I did, on an empty water tool.
If I add water, drag will slow airflow, maybe put more pressure, and no cap needed.
Next video material for sure.
Enjoy and stay vaped.

YaMon

Vaping since 2010
Over the past few years my primary desktop has been a Volcano. Recently, I've began looking into alternative desktop units. The Flowerpot definitely has my attention. Are e-nail version vaporizer more efficient than the Volcano? Can someone who has used both he FP and the Volcano give me a comparison between the two. Likes, dislikes, etc.

Is it possible to put small amounts of material in the FP and still get good performance? Sometimes I prefer smaller loads.

Also, what would you recommend for a starter to buy? I see there are a TON of accessories and bundles on NewVape's website. I want to buy just the unit and a few necessary accessories. I look forward to hearing your feedback. Thanks!
Do you have access to concentrates? Do you have any glass pieces? Are you on a budget?

I have used both the FlowerPot and the Volcano. I enjoy the process/ritual more with the FlowerPot. You may definitely micro-does with the FlowerPot, as I can milk my Glass Piece with just under 0.05g of herbs (1 NewVape PAX Loading tool scoop). -YaMon

fatbiker

Do you have access to concentrates? Do you have any glass pieces? Are you on a budget?

I have used both the FlowerPot and the Volcano. I enjoy the process/ritual more with the FlowerPot. You may definitely micro-does with the FlowerPot, as I can milk my Glass Piece with just under 0.05g of herbs (1 NewVape PAX Loading tool scoop). -YaMon

I'm going to buy the NewVape Tegridy 20 ton press so Ill have nice concentrates :) Budget is not a major concern. I'll buy a new glass piece dedicated for the Flowerpot.

YaMon

Vaping since 2010
I'm going to buy the NewVape Tegridy 20 ton press so Ill have nice concentrates :) Budget is not a major concern. I'll buy a new glass piece dedicated for the Flowerpot.
In that case and as they will want a wire transfer (over $500) how about the VRod FlowerPot Twax Bundle? With that you will have everything you need including a nice case if you ever have need to travel with your FP? Their fine grinder is top notch. If I were you I would buy the bundle and add the four double weave screens(2 spares), a second Shovelhead Bowl with 18mm post, a 14mm post and perhaps a 18mm glass bowl. -YaMon

Last edited:

fatbiker

In that case and as they will want a wire transfer (over $500) how about the VRod FlowerPot Twax Bundle? With that you will have everything you need including a nice case if you ever have need to travel with your FP? Their fine grinder is top notch. If I were you I would buy the bundle and add the four double weave screens(2 spares), a second Shovelhead Bowl with 18mm post, a 14mm post and perhaps a 18mm glass bowl. -YaMon

Lol, I didn't say I wanted to spend as much as possible though either. :cool: I was hoping to know what the essential are and I'll build my own bundle.

I do not plan to travel with it and see no value in buying a case. I'd like to just ge nth most important accessories.

fatbiker,
Reactions: Hogni

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer

I have both - Volcano is a fun session vape, the way bags homogenize the flavors is unique amongst vaporizers. The flowerpot can do sessions of course, but I feel it excels more at crushing a bowl in a rip or three like a bong hit. Whereas I would compare the volcano more to a joint.

The FP can be efficient but if you already have a high tolerance it might not save you much herb. FP is way better with concentrates. No proprietary electronics is pretty cool. Both of these are gonna need a vape station. I would say both are good for groups, Volcano is more low key but stoners love seshing the FP especially for double deckers. Shame on me, I've been eyeing the Ditanium for some reason too... :D

fatbiker

I have both - Volcano is a fun session vape, the way bags homogenize the flavors is unique amongst vaporizers. The flowerpot can do sessions of course, but I feel it excels more at crushing a bowl in a rip or three like a bong hit. Whereas I would compare the volcano more to a joint.

The FP can be efficient but if you already have a high tolerance it might not save you much herb. FP is way better with concentrates. No proprietary electronics is pretty cool. Both of these are gonna need a vape station. I would say both are good for groups, Volcano is more low key but stoners love seshing the FP especially for double deckers. Shame on me, I've been eyeing the Ditanium for some reason too... :D

I'm looking for a vaporizer that provides a bong-like experience. I also would like the option to dab concentrates with it.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer

Alexis

Lol, I didn't say I wanted to spend as much as possible though either. :cool: I was hoping to know what the essential are and I'll build my own bundle.

I do not plan to travel with it and see no value in buying a case. I'd like to just ge nth most important accessories.
I think most would surely recommend you pick up the Newvape Pax loading tool. It has established a universal reputation as probably the number one rated and recommended vape loading tool there is.
I think you can also get a threaded version, the handle of which can unscrew and double as another function it's a bit mixed up in my memory now but I think you can also use the threaded loading tool screwed onto the carb cap.

But the regular loading tool is just fine as it is. I do have one myself and I recently picked up a cheap imitation from eBay out of curiosity.
It was a waste of money and is absolutely useless in feel and function. I couldn't believe how rubbish it was compared to the Newvape one, which is basically perfectly conceived designed and machined for comfort and function. My appreciation for it has increased since I tried that pitiful knock off.

So I just wanted to give the loading tool some (more) praise.

Top Bottom