Cannabis Hardware (formerly NewVape) FlowerPot Twax Vaporizer

lasvideo

I have the new FP VROD bundle and vape flower at 585. In the past few months I have never experienced any difficulty disassembling the VROD, I think it might be due to the lower temperatures I vape at. I am glad I can stick with the original version, because the newer wrenchable version looks kind of clunky to me.

After a 5 day T break, last night I took 3 hits of Connors Comfort which is only 12% THC and 10 % CBD. I got the high I had hoped for. 2 weeks ago 33 hits wouldnt have gotten me to that place. I intend to continue the T break for another week. Im learning new audio mixer hardware and need my short term memory for a while ;)

Roth

Pining for the Mountains
I guess I'm in the minority, but I actually don't mind the wrench flats on the new version of the Vrod.

I'd gladly trade a little aesthetic value for that functionality. When you spend an hour desperately trying to separate the Vrod, some of you might change your tune! :p

cascades

What I've found is that with lower THC/Higher THC strains, it is easier to calibrate an exact point one wants to get to. T breaks help too. I think a good vaporizer makes the whole process work much better.

I have the new FP VROD bundle and vape flower at 585. In the past few months I have never experienced any difficulty disassembling the VROD, I think it might be due to the lower temperatures I vape at. I am glad I can stick with the original version, because the newer wrenchable version looks kind of clunky to me.

After a 5 day T break, last night I took 3 hits of Connors Comfort which is only 12% THC and 10 % CBD. I got the high I had hoped for. 2 weeks ago 33 hits wouldnt have gotten me to that place. I intend to continue the T break for another week. Im learning new audio mixer hardware and need my short term memory for a while ;)

Tommy10

FlowerPot w/ Vrod Starter Kit

Select Your 28mm Dish
SIC 28mm NV Dish (9264), Quartz 28mm Dish (9247)
Choose Your FlowerPot Bowl Connection Size
14mm Male (3099), 18mm Male (3098)
Additional Options
Vrod Carb Cap (3137), Enail Handle (2943), 14mm Male FlowerPot Glass Bowl (9305)
Add Your Enail & 20mm Coil
AU - 220v

I’m covered right?

Roth

Pining for the Mountains
FlowerPot w/ Vrod Starter Kit

Select Your 28mm Dish
SIC 28mm NV Dish (9264), Quartz 28mm Dish (9247)
Choose Your FlowerPot Bowl Connection Size
14mm Male (3099), 18mm Male (3098)
Additional Options
Vrod Carb Cap (3137), Enail Handle (2943), 14mm Male FlowerPot Glass Bowl (9305)
Add Your Enail & 20mm Coil
AU - 220v

I’m covered right?

Pick up a Ti double weave screen and you're good to go!

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
...and take care to use the right coil for the VRod!

Maybe the glass bowls are a better alternative to the adjustable bowl?
There are not so little who think so. And for $20 it's worth a try.

And perhaps the D-Nail SiC Halo would also be the better choice to the NV SiC. There are a lot who think so.

Hogni,
Reactions: Roth

Roth

Pining for the Mountains
...and take care to use the right coil for the VRod!

Maybe the glass bowls are a better alternative to the adjustable bowl?
There are not so little who think so. And for $20 it's worth a try.

And perhaps the D-Nail SiC Halo would also be the better choice to the NV SiC. There are a lot who think so.

He's getting the Vrod bundle, so it comes with the correct coil. He also has the glass bowl already in his list.

For the NV vs Dnail SiC dish, @JCat has expressed that he much prefers the Dnail, and I definitely trust his opinion. Are there many others who have given us a comparison? The Dnail will likely be a step up from the NV, but if the OP is trying to save a little cash, that might be one spot to do so.

I'd like to pick up the Dnail SiC dish at some point to compare the two, I just don't see that happening anytime soon. Especially now that I have my tasty 710Coils banger for my dabbing needs!

Last edited:

Roth

Pining for the Mountains
I think I missed the shipping. Can I get these a an E-cig shop?

To be honest, I'd be pretty shocked if you could. Since shipping to Aus for the screens would likely be ridiculous, you're probably stuck with the stock screens til you place another order from NV.

Cannabis-Hardware-Ed

Seeking Higher Ground
Manufacturer
He's getting the Vrod bundle, so it comes with the correct coil. He also has the glass bowl already in his list.

For the NV vs Dnail SiC dish, @JCat has expressed that he much prefers the Dnail, and I definitely trust his opinion. Are there many others who have given us a comparison? The Dnail will likely be a step up from the NV, but if the OP is trying to save a little cash, that might be one spot to do so.

I'd like to pick up the Dnail SiC dish at some point to compare the two, I just don't see that happening anytime soon. Especially now that I have my tasty 710Coils banger for my dabbing needs!

I'm unable to find any differences between the NV 28mm sic dish, and the dnail 28mm dish. I do agree there is a world of difference between dnail and the nv older 25mm sic dish.

Likes2vape

I'm unable to find any differences between the NV 28mm sic dish, and the dnail 28mm dish. I do agree there is a world of difference between dnail and the nv older 25mm sic dish.
I’m with @NewVape710 on this one. I don’t find any difference between the dnail and the NewVape 28mm SiC dish as far as vapor production/temp is concerned. I actually prefer the NewVape one as it’s just a touch wider.

Baron23

Thanks for that honest and open reply. I think many are still thinking NV ver 1 SiC while you have in the interim greatly improved with Ver 2 SiC.

Edwyn - I made a post in the NewVape Rosin Press thread....here. Love my Micro20 (beautifully designed and made and built like a T-72 tank...just a solid, solid, piece of kit) but have a few questions about current config vs my older unit (and its not all that dang old). I will send those questions in via CS ticket, but I'm also trying to enliven the NV rosin press thread as it deserves attention, IMO.

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/newvape-rosin-press-products.25438/#post-1309507

Circa1999

Hey do you guys know why vapecritic prefers the VROD over the shower head for flower only?

Is it only because with the VROD you can vape without capping it?

I plan to use flower only so I'm thinking of going for the shower head, it seems people on here are saying it's easier to use.

Roth

Pining for the Mountains
Hey do you guys know why vapecritic prefers the VROD over the shower head for flower only?

I plan to use flower only so I'm thinking of going for the shower head, it seems people on here are saying it's easier to use.

I've never watched VapeCritic's review of the Vrod or SH, so can't comment on why he feels that way. That's not my opinion for sure. You can very easily use the SH without the cap, in fact, that's my favorite way to use it. I almost always use the cap when using the Vrod.

You can achieve the same results with the Vrod, but you have to sometimes adjust your technique. The SH can just rip through flower without really adjusting technique, imo.

just_the_flu

they say im crazy but i have a good time

...i don't cap with the showerhead- no need to imo... cannot comment on the vrod since i've yet to get one since i only use my fp/sh with flower anymore... don't see the need atm to get a vrod since the feedback for flower only use seems to be inconsistent from vrod users in comparison to showerhead...

steama

I never cap for flower, only oil.

I have the SH and the VROD and I prefer the VROD. There was a brief adjustment period getting to know the VROD but once I did everything just clicked and I put the SH in the bag. Also, and I know we are talking about vaping flower, the VROD is the bomb for concentrates. For me the VROD is a complete vape package. Once I got a VROD my concentrate use went way up (this is where the cap comes in) because it was just so fucking nice with the VROD.

The SH and VROD require a slightly different technique imo and both are New Vapes, the best on the market. For me the VROD adds another complete vaping dimension.

:nod:

Circa1999

Here's what they say over at "NewVape University"

"Our internal statistic is that the Vrod has surpassed the performance of the Wraparound for concentrates, while reaching about 90% of the performance of the Showerhead for vaping flower only. All in one top performing E-nail!!!"

So the Showerhead gets you an extra 10% performance, I'll definitely go for that and probably throw in a Vrod as well so I can use both.

lasvideo

Well, Ive never used the Showerhead (new VROD bundle owner)., but Ive got to say....Flower performance for me with the VROD at 585 is 100%. It vapes evenly in the bowl with no burnt edges. I also use the sidearm glass they provide in the kit. Using no water, I slowly draw with the VROD in place and watch as the cool mist rises in the glass. When it reaches the top in 3 seconds, I remove the VROD and the mist climbs up and empties the sidearm. Cool misty vapor...no coughing....and usually about 5-6 full hits per Newvape scooper.

Chris_CH

Company Rep
Company Rep
We are! its called the Vrod! There many things cooking all the time! A lot on the Rosin Press side of things but there are discussions almost every day on how everything can be improved.

Theres no real velvet curtain here...if we update something, its pretty much out instantly unless it requires further testing.

Good day bro!

@newvape918 & @NewVape710 how about y’all tell us what’s occurring in the VapeLab? Any plans for a Showerhead update/revision or is this just a (really smart) pipe-dream? :D Is there anything else to be released by NewVape in 2018? @Shrike makes a great point, would you consider offering the smooth sided design as another option? :cool: You guys have been too quiet over here, this radio silence is killing me!!

:leaf: Happy Friday & weekend to all! :leaf:

The vrod takes the best qualities of the showerhead and the old wraparound into one rig. Ive corrected that statement to reflect that they are indeed the same performance-wise. It is truly how we feel about it, but here you'll find an argument on SH vs. Vrod on the flower side of things which only you can truly be the judge of.

Happy Vaping!

Here's what they say over at "NewVape University"

"Our internal statistic is that the Vrod has surpassed the performance of the Wraparound for concentrates, while reaching about 90% of the performance of the Showerhead for vaping flower only. All in one top performing E-nail!!!"

So the Showerhead gets you an extra 10% performance, I'll definitely go for that and probably throw in a Vrod as well so I can use both.

Circa1999

So I guess the VROD and Showerhead have the same performance, but the showerhead is easier to use? That would be the only pro of getting the Showerhead over the VROD?

Circa1999,

Chris_CH

Company Rep
Company Rep
Not exactly. let me elaborate a bit... the Vrod is the newest version of the flowerpot, it does take the best features of the showerhead (for flowers) and our old wraparound model (which was optimized for concentrates). The Vrod does both exceptionally well. There shouldnt be a difference in how you use them, however, where you will find differences is in your temps and how you dial them in as well as technique.

So, it will take you a min to dial it in to your specific technique and draw size.

All in all, if you ask me which one to get for vaping flowers, id say get the vrod, if you ask me what to get for concentrates, get the vrod. If there is a difference between the vrod and the SH, (which we havent found) for vaping flowers, its negligible.

Hope that helps

Cheers!

EDIT: No disrespect to the connoisseurs that really are able to find the differences. We def value that kind of feedback! It helps us refine it further.

Roth

Pining for the Mountains
Not exactly. let me elaborate a bit... the Vrod is the newest version of the flowerpot, it does take the best features of the showerhead (for flowers) and our old wraparound model (which was optimized for concentrates). The Vrod does both exceptionally well. There shouldnt be a difference in how you use them, however, where you will find differences is in your temps and how you dial them in as well as technique.

So, it will take you a min to dial it in to your specific technique and draw size.

All in all, if you ask me which one to get for vaping flowers, id say get the vrod, if you ask me what to get for concentrates, get the vrod. If there is a difference between the vrod and the SH, (which we havent found) for vaping flowers, its negligible.

Hope that helps

Cheers!

EDIT: No disrespect to the connoisseurs that really are able to find the differences. We def value that kind of feedback! It helps us refine it further.

To me, the SH excels in strictly flower vaping in one key aspect: high temp, uncapped, fast draw hits. I like to set my SH to 737, and hit it without using the carb cap with a fairly fast draw. It resembles a massive bong hit in my experience, and I love the low/no draw restriction by not using the cap.

You just keep hitting it as hard and long as you really want.

Any time I've tried something similar with the Vrod, I get the darker outer ring (using a Rev C Vrod at this point).

That's the main benefit to flower only that I've found with the SH.

But once you factor in any sort of concentrate use, or double decker hits, the Vrod clearly wins. And if those high temp, uncapped, fast draw hits don't appeal to you, then the Vrod is the clear winner even in flower only.

And just to be clear, I LOVE the Vrod's flower only performance. I can get hits just as massive as mentioned above, I just have to adjust my technique a bit, and I use the carb cap. I'd give the SH a 9.8 (nothing will get a 10 from me, there's always room for improvement!), and the Vrod a 9.5 in flower only performance.

But sometimes I just love to crank the heat, and rip that sucker like there's no tomorrow!

Keep up the good work NewVape, love your products! And clearly no disrespect was perceived from your post, all constructive criticism all the way around. I really do love the community interaction NV has with us here. And the lightning speed you all are able to put revisions/improvements into action is fantastic!

Keep on, keeping on :science:

steama

To me, the SH excels in strictly flower vaping in one key aspect: high temp, uncapped, fast draw hits. I like to set my SH to 737, and hit it without using the carb cap with a fairly fast draw. It resembles a massive bong hit in my experience, and I love the low/no draw restriction by not using the cap.

You just keep hitting it as hard and long as you really want.

Any time I've tried something similar with the Vrod, I get the darker outer ring (using a Rev C Vrod at this point).

That's the main benefit to flower only that I've found with the SH.

But once you factor in any sort of concentrate use, or double decker hits, the Vrod clearly wins. And if those high temp, uncapped, fast draw hits don't appeal to you, then the Vrod is the clear winner even in flower only.

And just to be clear, I LOVE the Vrod's flower only performance. I can get hits just as massive as mentioned above, I just have to adjust my technique a bit, and I use the carb cap. I'd give the SH a 9.8 (nothing will get a 10 from me, there's always room for improvement!), and the Vrod a 9.5 in flower only performance.

But sometimes I just love to crank the heat, and rip that sucker like there's no tomorrow!

Keep up the good work NewVape, love your products! And clearly no disrespect was perceived from your post, all constructive criticism all the way around. I really do love the community interaction NV has with us here. And the lightning speed you all are able to put revisions/improvements into action is fantastic!

Keep on, keeping on :science:
you summed the whole thing up very nicely :nod:

Top Bottom