Cannabis Hardware (formerly NewVape) FlowerPot Twax Vaporizer

Roth

Pining for the Mountains
https://710coils.com/collections/everything-1/products/20mm-barrel
Oh, since I have the reverse Vrod, this one should be it. right? and its in stock!

No, don't order that. Only the one advertised as the Vrod coil will work with the Vrod. But unfortunately for you, it does not work with the Reverse Vrod.

I think 710Life or something sells one that works? But then you run into the issue that the 710Life coils are not the standard DNail pin wiring, which is what the Auber runs.

Sorry I don't have a good solution for you.

Roth,
Reactions: steama

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
You need the one for reversed VRod. The one you've linked explicitly is for the reg VRod. The one for the reversed coil seems also being out of stock atm. Wondering that it isn't listed, out of stock or not.

EDIT; They ARE for the D-Nail type controllers!
That's the only reason why @710Coils is offering them for those who have such a controller but want to drive a VRod.

Hogni,
Reactions: steama

tb42091

This is the coil and how it sits in the housing, seems like I need a 17mm coil. I think its 4.5 wrap, like I said I'm new to this game.

I read someone saying the 710coils worked well with the VRod. Is this what I'm looking for? https://710coils.com/collections/everything-1/products/vrod-flower-pot-coil?variant=18763563958390 Shame it's not in stock.

Thanks for the help guys.
To me that looks like a 3.5 wrap. You need one more full wrap from there. No idea what the pinout on an auber is though

tb42091,

Roth

Pining for the Mountains
You need the one for reversed VRod. The one you've linked explicitly is for the reg VRod. The one for the reversed coil seems also being out of stock atm. Wondering that it isn't listed, out of stock or not.

EDIT; They ARE for the D-Nail type controllers!
That's the only reason why @710Coils is offering them for those who have such a controller but want to drive a VRod.

Shane never stocked one for the reverse Vrod, not sure if that's in the works or not. And correct, any coil from 710Coils will work with the Auber/Dnail. I was saying that 710Life has one that works with the Vrod, someone in this thread has reported it working. Want to say in the past few pages too, but don't have time to search now. And want to say the 710Life coil did NOT use the DNail standard.

But the fact that the OP has the reverse Vrod now, I don't know what the best solution will be.

@tb42091 Auber uses the standard DNail pinout.

Roth,
Reactions: Hogni

Hogni

And the 710Life coils don't work with the Auber!! There is only the one from Shane (@710Coils)

Maybe Shane intend to offer one for the reversed VRod but mean to remember he also had one for the reg.

Hogni,

ssh

ssh,

Hogni

In that case it would be the easiest just to buy an NV coil and resolder it ;)

Ähmm, do they offer them? :hmm:

Hogni,

Hogni

For sure that is a basic condition what else? But better say that for safety.

Hogni,

ssh

NV coil isn't for the reverse VRod, unfortunately. I think my biggest error was sending back the original VRod since it wouldn't have been hard to fix in that case. I've used the reverse one a few times now so I'm not sure I can even send it back.

Seems like there aren't too many options for the Reverse VRod. Which coils does nv mean by "This Vrod Head is designed for NON NewVape Coils that have a counter clockwise wrap. (see photo)"?

ssh,

Roth

Pining for the Mountains
NV coil isn't for the reverse VRod, unfortunately. I think my biggest error was sending back the original VRod since it wouldn't have been hard to fix in that case. I've used the reverse one a few times now so I'm not sure I can even send it back.

Seems like there aren't too many options for the Reverse VRod. Which coils does nv mean by "This Vrod Head is designed for NON NewVape Coils that have a counter clockwise wrap. (see photo)"?

I found the person using the 710Life coil with the reverse Vrod:

That would be me, I've got a 710life controller/coil, and it works great with the reverse Vrod :rockon::whoa:

If the 710Life coil uses an XLR connection as well, you might just resolder it to work with the Auber. That's beyond my expertise though, so will let others help lead you through that.

Roth,

ssh

Just ask Shane! He will make it right for you...
I'll shoot him a message. It looks like he makes good stuff and it seems like an easy solution all around. Thanks for the help guys, this has been a real puzzler

I found the person using the 710Life coil with the reverse Vrod:

If the 710Life coil uses an XLR connection as well, you might just resolder it to work with the Auber. That's beyond my expertise though, so will let others help lead you through that.

My problem is 420life/710life doesn't post the width spec of the coils anywhere on their site that I can see. NewVape does say you need a 17mm width (except they call it height :hmm:). Any coil vendors listening out there, I think more clear labeling of these specs would be appreciated by many.

Last edited by a moderator:

Roth

Pining for the Mountains
My problem is 420life/710life doesn't post the width spec of the coils anywhere on their site that I can see. NewVape does say you need a 17mm width (except they call it height :hmm:). Any coil vendors listening out there, I think more clear labeling of these specs would be appreciated by many.

Right, but I'm saying the person I quoted a few posts back says they are using the 710Life coil successfully with the reverse Vrod. You should try reaching out to 710Life to see if you can get exact dimensions if you want to be 100% sure.

710Coils

Manufacturer
Calling all cars!!!! I need some help with exact specs for all flavors of NewVape coils. The main things I am looking for are:

1: Exact height from tallest part of the coil
2: How many wraps (Full and half)
3: Where exactly do the wraps end in relation to the coil arm
4: Pictures if anyone has them
5: regular and reverse coils

Once I have the above I can make sure to order more coils for both regular and reverse formats =)

Hope you all have a great day

Shane

Roth

Pining for the Mountains
Calling all cars!!!! I need some help with exact specs for all flavors of NewVape coils. The main things I am looking for are:

1: Exact height from tallest part of the coil
2: How many wraps (Full and half)
3: Where exactly do the wraps end in relation to the coil arm
4: Pictures if anyone has them
5: regular and reverse coils

Once I have the above I can make sure to order more coils for both regular and reverse formats =)

Hope you all have a great day

Shane

@NewVape710 you'd be the perfect person to answer this!

Cannabis-Hardware-Ed

Seeking Higher Ground
Manufacturer
maybe this will help. sorry about the quarter reference I did that photo a few weeks back for another customer.

coil_width.jpg

20mm_coil_specs.jpg

ssh

I've dialed in my technique a bit and even with the smaller coil this thing absolutely rips. I've been completely destroyed all afternoon. Can't wait to see what she's really capable of

ssh,

canj00digit?

All my days in a daze...
Random question as I consider back-ups/alternatives to my beloved Sublimator.

Does anyone here just leave the FP heater head on the bowl, like you do with the Sub?

Or is it likely to get stuck together?

I understand the heat stress on glass but that's something I accommodate for anyway.

TIA. :wave:

canj00digit?,
Reactions: Roth

Hogni

If you like to overcook the herbs do it but there is no sticking.
Sometimes I do so for the last "cleaning hit" for 1, 2 min. before sleeping for giving some conduction to the herbs and to really extract the last out of the herbs.
Sometimes I let rest the heater on the bowl before filling for some heat soaking, if I want some conduction effects.

Roth

Pining for the Mountains
Random question as I consider back-ups/alternatives to my beloved Sublimator.

Does anyone here just leave the FP heater head on the bowl, like you do with the Sub?

Or is it likely to get stuck together?

I understand the heat stress on glass but that's something I accommodate for anyway.

TIA. :wave:

You can definitely leave the head on the bowl without worry of it sticking. The thing I might worry about at that point, is getting the head itself dirty from the small backdrafts of vapor when you clear the bubbler. I've personally never had to clean the head itself*, but I remove the head after every hit and place it back on the stand. Either way, some periodic cleaning would take care of the issue.

*Unless I accidentally knocked the whole Vrod head and stand to the ground, melting a little bit of carpet to the Vrod head. Not that that's ever happened! :p:lol:

This is the only head that I've ever seen in this kind of dirty condition, and wondering if it was caused by leaving the head on the bowl:

@Likes2vape do you typically leave the Vrod head on the bowl after the hit? Or do you remove the head to clear the bubbler? I'm still wondering how it got that dirty. I've put my Vrod and SH through a massive workout before, and I've never even had a drop of buildup in the head.

Last edited:

Baron23

style / function?
or
function / style?

I love this forum. You all are a product designer's dream come true.

The seized up vrod coils were more of a issue than anyone can imagine. You should have seen the first "2 flat" version it was very ugly. One of our machinist suggested rotating the flats around the OD to try and improve the looks. I admit I had a stoner moment and forgot to make the number of flats an even amount on the first one (required for wrench) machinist returns with priceless edwyn f'd up grin. The flats do take a little getting used to. When holding the 2 heads at the same time most people tell me they prefer the flats version. The flats do add to the manufacturing cycle time. And are a real pain to hand debur. But the problem is solved. With set of adjustable wrenches the vrod is easily removed from the coil without marring the surfaces.

I'll be glad to offer the Vrod without flats version with disclaimer on special request. Or perhaps
a deal on a refurbished returns.

I think a little threaded titanium end cap for standing the dabbers upright is a nice idea.

I still have over 1k of special tooling and macor waiting (on a slow time) to be machined.

Here's what i'm working on today. I'm still trying to verify if adding vacuum to the 20 ton press allows increased yields and or lower temps. This press is ready to be shipped to our new satellite r&d facility in Denver. Where we can have access to the right materials for proper testing. Hopefully debut at the emerald cup in December.

I'm going to try and reread the past 5 pages of posts this weekend.

@NewVape420 is in keywest doing his version of the duval crawl

vacuum_rosin_press2.jpg
Personally, Edwyn, I think you made the right decision putting function over aesthetics with the wrench flats. After all, these are devices we all (well, at least me) primarily purchase for the function.

I personally would much prefer the ability to put a wrench on it than fool with other methods to get the parts to release as others have struggled with.

That and I don't really think its bad looking at all.

I'm still rocking my SH and still loving it.

So, the vacuum...this is an experiment only at this time? Interesting idea...can I go to CO and be a tester! haha

Top Bottom