1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

NewVape FlowerPot Twax Vaporizer

Discussion in 'Plug-in Vaporizers' started by natural farmer, Nov 17, 2016.

1. Roth

Roth Well-Known Member

Personally, I give a very slight edge in flowers only to the Showerhead.

The reason I give that slight edge to the SH is the ability to have high temp, uncapped, fast and hard rips with the SH.

I can achieve the same vapor quality and density with the VRod as I do the SH, but I have to use a cap and lower temps. There's nothing technically wrong with this, as I said, I can achieve the same vapor quality as with the SH. But sometimes I like to have the free flowing, unrestricted nature the SH can provide. Just hit and rip it as hard as you can.

If I use the same high temp, uncapped technique with the VRod, I get the ring around the edge. I have one of the OG VRods, but have put in the Rev B plug into my center hole. It definitely helped the situation, but I still have a ring. The ring is closer to the edge of the bowl than without the Rev B plug, but it's still there if hit a certain way.

So if you never have plans to use concentrates, I'd still give the edge to the SH. It gives you that ability to just rip it with even extraction. But if ever factor in concentrates, the Vrod definitely comes out ahead.

2. Snooppossum

Snooppossum Member

thank you so much my dude! thats very helpful....i do plan to occasionally vape oil+flowers at the same time with this thing but im really buying it because i need a better flower vape and oil is more of a secondary function for sure.

follow-up question....is the rev b plug basically the same thing as buying the new vrod? like when you say you used a rev b plug you mean you turned your old vrod into the upgraded version?

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2018
    Oogendoogan and Roth like this.
  3. Ville23

Ville23 Well-Known Member

Yep :tup:

graydeh1 and Roth like this.
  4. Roth

Roth Well-Known Member

Exactly.

If concentrates are in your future at all, just go for the Vrod. The SH only beats the Vrod for flower only in high temp, uncapped, hits that you can hit as hard as you want.

5. WelshBrok

WelshBrok Enthusiast from the Signus 5 Expanse

Not sure if anyone else has found this but the vrod definitely fits the glass bowls better (both stevies and the rainbow-eBay-also-from-newvape ones). The threading on the sh’s Coil nut bit doesn’t sit anywhere near as nicely as the vrod’s flat bottom where the holes are bit

Edit: just to be clear they both work perfectly fine with both glass bowls, it just doesn’t feel as nicer fit or as easy to find the balanced point if your supporting the coil to avoid any possibility of air leak

Last edited: Jul 10, 2018
    Alexis, Snooppossum and Ville23 like this.
  6. superdang9000

superdang9000 Member

I know the general consensus is the ShowerHead is slightly better than the Vrod for pure flower, but so far I'd personally have to give the edge to the Vrod for flavor and efficiency. I agree that the ShowerHead seems to be more of a grip and rip type of device but, after switching to a 14mm rig, I do a slower draw than my 18mm anyway, which suits the Vrod well. That said, temps are significantly lower on the Vrod and the flavor is quite a bit better, imo. For concentrates, there's no comparison, the Vrod is a definite improvement. It does seem to take slightly longer to heat up but I haven't actually quantified that with any real numbers.

Anyway, just some quick thoughts after a couple sessions. Looking forward to more testing and will update my experience when it's a bit more seasoned.

JCat, Ville23, Alexis and 2 others like this.
  7. Snooppossum

Snooppossum Member

do you notice any need to stir the bowl on your vrod? that is the only thing i can see making much difference to me.

8. superdang9000

superdang9000 Member

I haven't found the need to stir at all. This is with a limited amount of use, so I'll definitely get a better feel for it as time goes on. But, after reading some of the comments here, I was extremely wary about spending the money to move to the Vrod. I was pleasantly surprised to see it doesn't require me to do anything differently than I already am. That said, I don't know if it'd be worth the cost if you already have a ShowerHead and want to use flower exclusively. I've moved more to about 50/50 flower/concentrate use so it's a no brainer in that case, IMO. There was a noticeable difference in flavor with the flower too, though not as significant.

JCat and McBagginz like this.
  9. wildman420

wildman420 Well-Known Member

in my opinion yes. On the same rig I dialed down from 680F to 640F getting the same extraction and less hardness. It is all about how the air flows through that thing. the Showerhead was good but the VROD is better... is it enough better to make it worthwhile for someone tight on money I wouldn't say so. But most of us here have more money than brain cells. :D The things I like about the VROD it is best for TWAX and it is just plain fucking sexy piece of equipment. Get the VROD carb cap if you use oils.

10. Danksta

Danksta Well-Known Member

Are you saying the VROD has a slight taste improvement over the SH?

Can anyone else comment on that?

I'm still on the fence...

11. just_the_flu

just_the_flu they say im crazy but i have a have a good time

...same, mainly because i do not have the newvape controller, and do not wish to buy another controller and coil, i have enough 20mm coils as is...

...also i have not dabbed off the flowerpot since getting my showerhead (I've been enjoying other options)...

...imo showerhead is still king of flower :rockon: (keep in mind i have yet try vrod)...

JCat and Easywider like this.
  12. wildman420

taste is really subjective... too many factors. I have found the best flavor in lower temps with free flowing rigs. The smaller the an size on the rig the better the flavor. I haven't noticed a bid difference in flavor between heads but the VROD was easier to dial in and runs the same as the showerhead at 40F lower temp.

JCat, superdang9000 and Danksta like this.
  13. Snooppossum

Snooppossum Member

i know everybodys setup is different, but what about you, do you feel the need to stir your vrod bowl? also can the v-rod bowl hold the same amount?

14. Stonocrates

Stonocrates Active Member

Not sure about consensus, but I agree with your assessment.

I'm running my VRod at 30 degrees less than I ran my ShowerHead and I actually extract a medium bowl more quickly with the VRod than I did with the SH -- two pulls versus three. The flavor is better too.

This stuff is all really subjective, I may have changed my draw characteristics when I switched to the VRod -- who knows?

JCat, Alexis, YaMon and 3 others like this.
  15. wildman420

The VROD is a head unit... not a bowl. I can use it on the Panhead or the Shovelhead bowls. You need a bowl to go with the VROD. Again it is is preference. I use one of the NewVape scoops and completely crush it one easy hit. Others use whole nuts or fuller bowls.

JCat and Hogni like this.
  16. Snooppossum

Snooppossum Member

ahh ok that makes sense. so you would say the v-rod doesnt need to be stirred though?

17. wildman420

I dont need to stir... one scoop and done.

Zangano Cruel, JCat, Danksta and 2 others like this.
  18. Ville23

JCat likes this.
  19. Snooppossum

Snooppossum Member

thanks friend, i think ill place an order for the vrod starter kit now.

wildman420 and Danksta like this.
  20. juxt

juxt Well-Known Member

I like both, but the ball dabber is freaking tiny on the end ... really feels like it could break at any time (even though it probably won't), so I'm just super careful with it. I do like having the ball on the end to have something to catch on to though.

Ville23 likes this.
  21. Ville23

22. wall

wall Well-Known Member

Stonocrates, juxt and Ville23 like this.
  23. Baron23

Baron23 Well-Known Member

They work wonderfully, I like the short bowl better for my use case than the deeper party bowl, and the ones sold on Ebay (both ones shipping from China and the USA source on Ebay) are indeed the ones that NewVape is reselling.

Identical and from the same source factory.

I tried a screen in them but felt I was undermining the reason I got a glass bowl and I don't mind the little occasional bits that get into my water.

If you haven't tried one and love your SH or other FP, then you would be well served buying one, IMO (they are relatively inexpensive).

One thing you can do is get a 14 mm glass bowl and then get a low profile 18-14 adapter. You don't need a drop down and if you are really worried at least this approach will give you some peace of mind as your bowl and WP will not be in direct contact.

Something like this but its also available from many other sources

https://www.amazon.com/shop7ten-14mm-18mm-Glass-Bushing-Adapter/dp/B00TI1Q3JY

Here is one from TAG

https://www.thickassglass.com/collections/adapters-1/products/male-to-female-compact-adapter

and

https://dankstop.com/products/18mm-male-to-14mm-female-low-profile-adapter?variant=22931403014

and many more

I have a 14 mm and a C2 18 mm stemless can that I use with the FP and that's exactly what I do.

JCat, Hogni and YaMon like this.
  24. YaMon

YaMon Vaping since 2010

25. NewVape710

NewVape710 Seeking Higher Ground Manufacturer

Happy 710 day #teamflowerpot I'd like to personally thank you all for supporting newVape. 12,000 post in this feed that's just amazing. I'm thrilled to read about the vrod's acceptance. With your help we will continue to improve the flowerpot. The generic 28mm sic dishes are in transit and should be appearing within the next 2 weeks. Both 10mm male, and 10mm female shovelhead bowl posts will appear tomorrow. Additionally we will be releasing our first cannagar mold (it turned out really nice). Our vacuum rosin press is in the final stages of testing and shows promising results of increased yields, or decreased heat and same yields (not ready to release actual numbers yet).

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors