Cannabis Hardware (formerly NewVape) FlowerPot Twax Vaporizer

Likes2vape

So I just saw that there is a Rev B to the V-Rod. https://www.newvape.com/vrod-rev-b-upgrade-kit What in the world do those things do and how do I know which version of the V-Rod that I have?
NewVape took out the center hole on the vrod that is rev b. They did this as you can get a dark ring around the edges and still have a green center. The plugs are so the original vrod owners can plug the center hole and make it like the rev b head. I love my vrod just the way it is and see no need for the plug. If I get a green center I just stir and problem solved.

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
VROD IS OUT FOR DELIVERY! WOOHOO!

Quick question, for my high temp users, I like to run between 750 and 777 with the showerhead. What would be the initial temp recommendation for switching to VROD? Tia!

+1

Just got mine today and trying to get running.

Though not sure I assembled mine correctly. Not getting decent oil hits even at 777, but 750 was fine to start out at flower for me.

I'm letting it cool down and retesting my fitting now.

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
Likely user error but I am able to get satisfying results with flower for sure, at similar temps to what I was using on the showerhead, but I can't get an oil hit at all.

Carb cap makes a nice seal and all, but not much vapor in my water pipe or lungs. Even after q-tipping the residue off, I have vapor pouring out of the head for 3~ minutes.

The dish is getting hot enough to vaporize the oils from what I can tell. My thermo couple was reading 220C on the inside-bottom of my quartz banger I typically use for dabbing, and around 10C less (so 210C) on the Vrod (set at 750f) but I was still not able to draw vapor.

Any ideas folks?

(also have rev.b vrod and I still get the brown ring, but I don't care too much since I stirred with the showerhead too)

Last edited:

jd1738

Can anyone link me to alternate enail handles or comments/posts of someone making their own handle?

jd1738,

McBagginz

Likely user error but I am able to get satisfying results with flower for sure, at similar temps to what I was using on the showerhead, but I can't get an oil hit at all.

Carb cap makes a nice seal and all, but not much vapor in my water pipe or lungs. Even after q-tipping the residue off, I have vapor pouring out of the head for 3~ minutes.

The dish is getting hot enough to vaporize the oils from what I can tell. My thermo couple was reading 220C on the inside-bottom of my quartz banger I typically use for dabbing, and around 10C less (so 210C) on the Vrod (set at 750f) but I was still not able to draw vapor.

Any ideas folks?

(also have rev.b vrod and I still get the brown ring, but I don't care too much since I stirred with the showerhead too)

Are you using the quartz dish or the Sic dish? For me the quartz dishes seemed to give off wispy vapor after the first few seconds of a dab, I assume because it cools quickly. The Sic dish gives much better vaporization for me, and many others here.
I struggled with similar dab troubles.
The three things I did were:
1 snugged the dish retention nut down as tight as finger tight would go.
2 I tightened the bottom and upper half of the Vrod body as tight as possible.
3 I switched to a Sic dish.

I did get improved performance with the quartz dish by doing 1&2. But the Sic dish made the most impact.

Also you may want to check that you aren’t getting an air leak at the bowl/ water tool joint. Hope this helps.

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
Are you using the quartz dish or the Sic dish? For me the quartz dishes seemed to give off wispy vapor after the first few seconds of a dab, I assume because it cools quickly. The Sic dish gives much better vaporization for me, and many others here.
I struggled with similar dab troubles.
The three things I did were:
1 snugged the dish retention nut down as tight as finger tight would go.
2 I tightened the bottom and upper half of the Vrod body as tight as possible.
3 I switched to a Sic dish.

I did get improved performance with the quartz dish by doing 1&2. But the Sic dish made the most impact.

Also you may want to check that you aren’t getting an air leak at the bowl/ water tool joint. Hope this helps.

Cheers. I think you're right. It's likely the dish is balls since I just stuck with the basic one that's sent with the kit. Not making proper contact with the bottom or just cooling way too quickly and not getting the heat it needs to sustain like it does with the enail+banger setup I use. I'll grab a SiC dish once I can and hopefully that'll fix it.

I only upgraded as I have terrible luck with enail+bangers (I had to have broken 10+ by now just due to heat expansion/contraction of the coil...) and I wanted something as a "backup" to use, so I am not stuck with tons of concentrate and no way to properly use them.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer

Any ideas folks?

If you're using the quartz dish forget about it. To get it hot enough to function there's so much added convection air its basically unusable to me. The SiC Halo works a lot better, though not as good as the performance I was getting on a flat coil. I'd be curious if the vrod could maybe incorporate an inverted hybrid barrel/flat coil to help support the top dish.

DSCN1883square.jpg

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
So, with the SiC dish (likely gonna grab a dnail factory 2nd) I can expect to at least inhale the majority of my dab? :lol:

I guess expecting enail+banger results is far-fetched, but I remember the wraparound (albeit, plus the SiC dish....) being pretty nice.

The hybrid coils look sweet - heard from some folks that the banger+hybrid coil is very nice, allowing lower temps than what I currently run my banger setup at.

wall

So, with the SiC dish (likely gonna grab a dnail factory 2nd) I can expect to at least inhale the majority of my dab? :lol:

I guess expecting enail+banger results is far-fetched, but I remember the wraparound (albeit, plus the SiC dish....) being pretty nice.

The hybrid coils look sweet - heard from some folks that the banger+hybrid coil is very nice, allowing lower temps than what I currently run my banger setup at.
I really like my wrap around SIC set up, have the DNAIL 2nd with VROD and haven't quite hit my stride yet

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
I really like my wrap around SIC set up, have the DNAIL 2nd with VROD and haven't quite hit my stride yet

Man, so is anyone satisfied with the dabbing experience on the vrod? Especially those that have tried the wrap around SiC and enail+bangers?

I did some light skimming here before I purchased assuming this would be solid, since it won't break like the stupid enail+bangers and would work the same for flower.

So far I'm getting the dark ring around the edge when vaping flower, and it just wastes concentrates D: da fucc

wall

Man, so is anyone satisfied with the dabbing experience on the vrod? Especially those that have tried the wrap around SiC and enail+bangers?

I did some light skimming here before I purchased assuming this would be solid, since it won't break like the stupid enail+bangers and would work the same for flower.

So far I'm getting the dark ring around the edge when vaping flower, and it just wastes concentrates D: da fucc
Yeah not sure what to tell you, the only dabbing experience I have though is with the wrap around and puffco peak, never tried anything else to compare to

wall,
Reactions: steama

graydeh1

REP for TRVP ATTY, Shellshock/Tectonic and more.
Company Rep
@muunch .

Play around with your settings and your draw speed a little are you capped or uncapped?

Also your glass and how much water in there might have some effect... I'm getting perfect perfect results with the V-Rod original using flower alone or double deckers with the quartz or sic dish. Sic vaporizes the oils a bit better, but as I said I can get great double-deckers using the Stock quartz also.

Im at 610 f

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
Play around with your settings and your draw speed a little are you capped or uncapped?

Capped. I can feel the suction/pressure when I spin the cap. Sometimes I blow out a barely visible wisp of vapor but that's it.

I figure at 777 I wouldn't need to mess with inhale or anything else but it still had trouble. Like the dish wasn't hot enough, or all the vapor was somehow condensing in the head or something, since there was vapor pouring out of the head, but none really going into the piece or my lungs.

Same exact water pipe, and bowl, and temp, and etc all work fine with flower, so I guess I'm looking into getting the dish now.

I coulda just bought a few bangers for the same price and been ok at this rate, even with all the waiting, it seems. :whoa:

Last edited:

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
I am getting great results using VROD with a d-nail second, rosin, 715F. Completely finishes a dab using the carb cap.

:myday:

Cheers! I'm gonna use the cash I get from selling my showerhead set to buy the dnail second and will see where I stand.

If 715f works for you, for oils, that'd be amazing for me. That'd mean double deckers are actually viable, as 715 is a temp I'd use for flower too!

Likes2vape

I use my vrod with SiC dish between 580-666 and it vapes dabs good at those temps. At 666 1-2 hits clears the dab and finishes a bowl if I’m twaxing. At 580 I get around 5-6 hits with some mop up but not much.

This is the second time hearing the vrod isn’t performing well with the quartz dish. I broke my quartz dish before I even used it doing a test fit on it. I had to force it down the last little bit and it got stuck in the head. I ended up having to break it out to put the sic dish in. I have no problem getting the sic dish out when I want to btw.

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
I use my vrod with SiC dish between 580-666 and it vapes dabs good at those temps. At 666 1-2 hits clears the dab and finishes a bowl if I’m twaxing. At 580 I get around 5-6 hits with some mop up but not much.

This is the second time hearing the vrod isn’t performing well with the quartz dish. I broke my quartz dish before I even used it doing a test fit on it. I had to force it down the last little bit and it got stuck in the head. I ended up having to break it out to put the sic dish in. I have no problem getting the sic dish out when I want to btw.

You made me check again to make sure everything was seated correctly.

Believe it was. I had to use a tool to get the nut off, it was so tight, lol.

Will give it a go, but I will remain hopeful for the SiC dish. Gonna keep an eye out for the browned ring on the outside, but I usually take my herb pretty dark and stir anyway so it's not the biggest deal, sure it may get worked out as I refine my draw to adjust to this.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer

I prefer the vrod to the showerhead for flower and concentrate, but I don't think it can dab as good as my gavel + 25mm coil, or the sic halo on a flat coil.

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
I prefer the vrod to the showerhead for flower and concentrate, but I don't think it can dab as good as my gavel + 25mm coil, or the sic halo on a flat coil.

The vrod is a decent, not-equal but at least comparable option though? That's all. I just wanted something to lean back on, in case all my bangers are broken or I only feel like having one of my enail units out.

Super excited to try the SiC. Really like the form factor of the VROD

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
The vrod is a decent, not-equal but at least comparable option though? That's all. I just wanted something to lean back on, in case all my bangers are broken or I only feel like having one of my enail units out.

Yeah, I definitely think you'll be satisfied with the sic halo for that usage.

For me, the biggest benefit to those other setups is they don't add convection heat to the mix, but for people who are less sensitive to stuff like that it's probably not a big deal.

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
For me, the biggest benefit to those other setups is they don't add convection heat to the mix, but for people who are less sensitive to stuff like that it's probably not a big deal.

Man, I stayed up super late last night, and I woke up to the vrod already delivered... so my first bowl/dab of the day was me attempting to use it... BIG BIG coughing fit. Can totally tell the difference :D but yeah just a backup really will be nice.

I have yet to try an opaque bottom banger or reactor or anything like that but enail+banger is still greatly satisfying to me! Amazing flavor and lovely milk/clouds.

Top Bottom