Cannabis Hardware (formerly NewVape) FlowerPot Twax Vaporizer

Lozo

Now that's what I'm talking about, great on you for showing some real passion in your delight this is what I would expect from New users and is the exact reason I feel so confident about recommending the Showerhead, when there is such a small chance of disappointment and a very high likelihood of total satisfaction which it sounds that you are experiencing currently.

Have the besy fun bro! :rockon:

Perfectly said and I'm really glad I went with it. Very simple, very effective and just a great piece of engineering to use. Love it

Oogendoogan

Perfectly said and I'm really glad I went with it. Very simple, very effective and just a great piece of engineering to use. Love it
I can understand how you feel. I’m happy the SH exists for people like us. I wouldn’t want my flowerpot being a concentrate device. Clean up would bother me. I’m too used to having my SH just ready to go. I draw fast, slow and in between. It always works. for dabbing I’m happy with my quartz banger and coil set up but I feel like my tolerance will one day send me towards the Vrod for twax hits because dabbing off ti kinda sucks.

Oogendoogan

IMO, the VROD + Halo is a lot easier to clean than my 25mm banger.
Right on. I wasn’t comparing clean up between concentrate devices. I meant I wouldn’t want to clean my shower head after concentrate use at all. I agree that dish style nails are easier to clean than a banger because you can simply run the temp very high for a while to get a dish style nail mostly clean. Also q tipping is easy and you q tip less. I have like 5 bangers for my 25mm coil so I just switch between them and use grunge off to soak them to like new in between.

What I meant by my statement was that I would never wanna deal with cleaning the VROD compared to the SH because I have my SH on all day for flower. If I did one dab off it, with my ways I would have to clean it before I did a pure flower hit after and that’s just a pain in the ass for me compared to just having a separate dab set up. I would agree with you that the VROD is most likely easier to clean than a banger but I don’t want to be cleaning my flower pot at all.

I’ve never cleaned the top part of my SH. Only once by super heating it at 900 for like 20 minutes after the only few times I dabbed off it. That was a pain and something I don’t wanna deal with regularly. But that’s with my use and my preferences. I’m glad your liking your VROD so much :)

Roth

Pining for the Mountains
I love the double weave Ti screens, they keep just about every little piece of debris out of my glass. The only downside was having to clean the bowl/screen so often since it would begin to clog. I was doing an ISO soak every couple of days to clean it.

But no longer my friends.

I picked up one of the many Storz and Bickel cleaning brushes I had laying around and put it to use. After using the debowling spike, I just give a little brush with the S&B brush.

The difference is phenomenal. I now can easily go 2 weeks before needing to clean the screen.

Just thought I'd share, it's made my FP even more enjoyable!

Oogendoogan

I guess I don't understand what you'd be cleaning? I've never had a single drop of reclaim in my showerhead and it was religiously on 16 hours a day.
The dish. That’s all lol just the dish. I don’t dab from my shower head so it’s not an issue. If I dab from it even when I q tip it gets dirty on the dish. And as far as the VROD goes I believe the bottom airholes must get dirty after a few dabs. But I don’t have one so idk..

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
The dish. That’s all lol just the dish. I don’t dab from my shower head so it’s not an issue. If I dab from it even when I q tip it gets dirty on the dish. And as far as the VROD goes I believe the bottom airholes must get dirty after a few dabs. But I don’t have one so idk..

Nothing there :D

HrjTj6w.jpg

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
The only parts of the FP setup that seem to get dirty are the bowl, but even then it just seems like the stem, everything else gets so hot it either vaporizes up or melts downward away from the heater.

Here's the bottom of the WA that's seen about 95% dabs this month, just a few minutes after a session. I dont see how the VRod would be any less clean.

x0e7iPi.jpg

Oogendoogan

Nothing there :D

HrjTj6w.jpg
Very nice. Hopefully newvape releases a different coil option for different controllers by the time my tolerance gets high enough to really want to do some double deckers. I’ll buy a VROD when that happens. Fuck t breaks lol :lol:

And I wasn’t saying anything about the vrod or any newvape device being dirty.. I just said I don’t like turning up my temps to burn residue off the dish after dabs. A very small complaint and a personal issue.

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
And I wasn’t saying anything about the vrod or any newvape device being dirty.. I just said I don’t like turning up my temps to burn residue off the dish after dabs. A very small complaint and a personal issue.

Depending on how hot your dish temps are, you dont need to turn up the temps to burn off residue. Some distilled water and qtips will keep a halo very clean to where you really only need to torch or high temp burn it every week or so, for an hour. When you swab the oil you can actually see it being cleaned up, the sidewalls get a little dirty but the bottom of the trench stays pretty spotless even just sitting there at 590F on my PID.

Oogendoogan

Depending on how hot your dish temps are, you dont need to turn up the temps to burn off residue. Some distilled water and qtips will keep a halo very clean to where you really only need to torch or high temp burn it every week or so, for an hour. When you swab the oil you can actually see it being cleaned up, the sidewalls get a little dirty but the bottom of the trench stays pretty spotless even just sitting there at 590F on my PID.
Right on. That’s awesome. Gotta love how easy it is to clean a dish style nail. Especially with Sic. That’s where I’ll admit sic comes the fuck in handy. It’s mad durable. Thanks for the advice. It’s sad to say that even that’s to lazy to make me want to jump on dabbing on a flowerpot.

It’s not even because of clean up tho. I wouldnt care about that if it were my favorite set up. I prefer a banger for dabs alone. I don’t like mixing flower and dabs. But the VROD seems pretty impeccable. Any of my concerns have been alleviated. The only reason I won’t get it is cuz I don’t think I need it. Just not my style to dab from my flower device because we also get into mixing glass pieces. Also there’s not a coil option for my controller.

At $90 if it fit my coil I’d buy the head just to try it tho.. Still hoping for an adapter of some kind. Hope everyone is having a good night.

Oogendoogan,
Reactions: graydeh1

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
Nothing wrong with dabbing off quartz, your method seems to be working well for you. I went from a quartz banger to a halo, so the evolution to the vrod makes sense for me, but at the moment I am hitting flower so little, the money spent would be better on tires for my truck.

Zangano Cruel

IG zan.cru (code) zancru (5% NV checkout discount)
Someone said "got milk" @newvape918
VRod at 606F
Clean OG Clear Matrix... no water, dry hit...
I've been trying like 3 dispensary qualities so far... from outdoors to indoors...
This shot is from some outdoor Cheese, $3/ 1/8... cheap as anything I've ever tried before...
1/2 of 1.25ml teaspoon...
Today I ordered 1 Ti plug... can't wait to have it and plug this thing...
As 2x EVO, Cloud+ owner, they've been sitting in the storage till new call...
VRod ticks all the boxes right now...
I've been leaving it 24/7 on with no problem...

7cesWNi.jpg

Stay vaped...

Last edited:

Oogendoogan

Nothing wrong with dabbing off quartz, your method seems to be working well for you. I went from a quartz banger to a halo, so the evolution to the vrod makes sense for me, but at the moment I am hitting flower so little, the money spent would be better on tires for my truck.
I don’t seem to like dabs from a halo style nail nearly as much. But I dont own one, the Errlectric is the closest thing I own. But I’ve tried a wrap around head and a dnail sic dish. Idk I like my quartz banger better but I’m sure it’s a preference thing. Thanks for your input man. Have a great day/night wherever you are :)

Lozo

I can understand how you feel. I’m happy the SH exists for people like us. I wouldn’t want my flowerpot being a concentrate device. Clean up would bother me. I’m too used to having my SH just ready to go. I draw fast, slow and in between. It always works. for dabbing I’m happy with my quartz banger and coil set up but I feel like my tolerance will one day send me towards the Vrod for twax hits because dabbing off ti kinda sucks.

At some point in the future if concentrates start featuring in my use then perhaps the VRod will feature here too but as it stands the SH fills my needs perfectly. I like the fact that to get great results and flavours there's very little learning to do, like you said, slow fast or in-between it seems to work really nicely.

wildman420

The Most Interesting Monkey in the World
I dont get it...maybe I am doing something wrong. I have had my flowerpot for almost a year and have vaped over a pound of flower and hella lot of concentrates. I am on my original titatnium screen and it looks brand new (never been cleaned). The adapters that go between the bowl and the glass joint show no signs of resin whatsoever. I have used both the flowerpot and the shower head for both flower and concentrates. Now I have the VROD. The ONLY cleanup I do is between every dab I run an ISO soaked q-tip around the dish to clean up any residue - I have found it cleans much easier when it is still at temp.

Baron23

Right on. That’s awesome. Gotta love how easy it is to clean a dish style nail. Especially with Sic. That’s where I’ll admit sic comes the fuck in handy. It’s mad durable. Thanks for the advice. It’s sad to say that even that’s to lazy to make me want to jump on dabbing on a flowerpot.

It’s not even because of clean up tho. I wouldnt care about that if it were my favorite set up. I prefer a banger for dabs alone. I don’t like mixing flower and dabs. But the VROD seems pretty impeccable. Any of my concerns have been alleviated. The only reason I won’t get it is cuz I don’t think I need it. Just not my style to dab from my flower device because we also get into mixing glass pieces. Also there’s not a coil option for my controller.

At $90 if it fit my coil I’d buy the head just to try it tho.. Still hoping for an adapter of some kind. Hope everyone is having a good night.
I also only use my FP for flower and use a Liger or D-nail Halo for dabs.

Just a personal preference and one I also don’t think I need to validate in any way.

Cheers

McBagginz

Speaking of dabs, I’ve been using the quartz dish on my VRod since it came out. But I’ve been missing the Sic dish on my WA. I’ve grown terribly impatient waiting for restocks or a cheaper alternative.
So it occurred to me to try my 25mm Wa Sic dish on my Vrod. It works! I used my lollicap carb cap. One time I mistakenly grabbed the Vrod carb cap but it also worked fine. So for anyone in the same boat, if you have your Wraparound Sic dish laying around, throw it in there and give it a try.

Edit: Apologies, I forgot to note that I don’t have the Dnail Sic dish. I have NewVapes version. I don’t think that would matter but I’m not certain.

Last edited:

Roth

Pining for the Mountains
Speaking of dabs, I’ve been using the quartz dish on my VRod since it came out. But I’ve been missing the Sic dish on my WA. I’ve grown terribly impatient waiting for restocks or a cheaper alternative.
So it occurred to me to try my 25mm Wa Sic dish on my Vrod. It works! I used my lollicap carb cap. One time I mistakenly grabbed the Vrod carb cap but it also worked fine. So for anyone in the same boat, if you have your Wraparound Sic dish laying around, throw it in there and give it a try.

Awesome idea! I'm in the same boat waiting for SiC to be in stock but have a 25mm dish sitting here. Going to pop that one on this evening and give it a whirl :)

I dont get it...maybe I am doing something wrong. I have had my flowerpot for almost a year and have vaped over a pound of flower and hella lot of concentrates. I am on my original titatnium screen and it looks brand new (never been cleaned).

You're saying you've never had to clean your Ti screen? If you hold it up to the light and look through, can you clearly see through the weave, or is it fairly clogged? Are you using the double weave Ti or the standard Ti screen?

Even when my screen was severely clogged, I could still use it without issue, the airflow was just a little restricted. But once I cleaned it, it really opened up and was like new again.

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
For those who are doing heat cleaning of the dish at high temps, be sure to check your coil nut's tightness with some pliers. Mine was about 360 degrees off and vapor production was wimpy.

Roth

Pining for the Mountains
For those who are doing heat cleaning of the dish at high temps, be sure to check your coil nut's tightness with some pliers. Mine was about 360 degrees off and vapor production was wimpy.

If you tighten the nut when warm, do you have to worry about any potential cracking of the dish when it cools?

Not sure if enough contraction occurs when cooling that it would be an issue.

My quartz dish in my Vrod is as tight as I can get it by hand when cool, but have never tightened it up when warm. Perhaps this is part of my suboptimal dabbing experience off the Vrod?

Will need to experiment.

Oogendoogan

I also only use my FP for flower and use a Liger or D-nail Halo for dabs.

Just a personal preference and one I also don’t think I need to validate in any way.

Cheers
You definitely don’t need to my friend. One of the reasons I have the controllers and the set up I have is you.. your advice on PIDs and enails is amazing and well documented on many threads on this forum. I am only sharing my personal preferences. If people disagree that’s cool. That’s why I am here. Like everyone here has gear like me and everyone here loves to vape. Why wouldn’t I wanna know how you guys are getting medicated? It only helps me find new products or decide to try new ones that may be better for me than what I already have.

Even this message you just sent is useful to me. I haven’t thought of the Liger recently with all of this VROD and dnail sic talk, but I think I really wanna try they’re next device the air. It’s a dish style nail in a bucket format if that makes sense so it could
be perfect for me. Can use Sic and a bubble cap with no issues. Now what’s gonna be hard is choosing between a liger air and a VROD when the time comes lol.

Top Bottom