Cannabis Hardware (formerly NewVape) FlowerPot Twax Vaporizer

HD Springer

I tried ordering from the newvape.com site and the shopping cart is not working. :(

I emailed new vape, no reply yet.

I had issues with the shopping cart doubling my order and it was a bit of a pain in the ass to get it right. One thing is I do everything on my phone so that could be a big part of the problem. Who knows. I do know that NV has been very helpful with all my questions.

I can’t wait to get my WA. I’m curious to see how much I like it with flowers. If I do like it my SH will be taking a back seat for sure.

Last edited:

disGRUNTled

sTI7y2G.jpg

W80RPiO.jpg

L6OtPUH.jpg

806qKv6.jpg

LazyIdol

Just pulled the trigger on a showerhead after reading about 25 pages of this thread today. Super excited! I have mainly been dabbing and was encouraged by reports of people who have "switched" back to flower with the FP

Does anyone know if you can use any of the liger carb caps with the showerhead? Couldn't find anything about that.

nikcorda

Yw , i feel the Dnail Sic is worth it not only for the bit bigger size but the quality of the dish , it is smoother and polished , allot easier to clean as well and having both side by side the difference is noticeable. I am probably 200 dabs or more in with it and it still looks brand new. I do hit it with a qtip every hit and after a few sessions while warm dip a qtip in iso for a quick clean.
sounds like good enough reasons for me. a bit pricey but im sure i’ll be happier in the end.

do you use the lollicap with the d-nail sic, or do you use d-nails cap?

nikcorda,
Reactions: ataxian

jardri

Vapor Dreams
Hello Flowerpotters I am curious about differences between Showerhead and Sublimator as I cant read anything on the net comparing these 2 beasts. Has any of you tried both?

lazylathe

Almost there...
Hello Flowerpotters I am curious about differences between Showerhead and Sublimator as I cant read anything on the net comparing these 2 beasts. Has any of you tried both?

The SH is far superior to the Sub imo.
SH has far better flavor than the Sub.
Clouds are similar with the Sub winning in pure brutal extraction power.
My ABV from the Sub always came out really dark and completely spent.

They both do herb and extract individually or together at the same time.

The SH does not need the bowl to be heated before hitting it.

The Sub is in the cupboard packed away and never gets used anymore...
IMO, the Sub needs a redesign to come up to modern day vapes.
It should be able to be used without preheating the bowl and it should be an awesome convection vape.
IMO it is a conduction/convection hybrid that missed the mark for me.

LabPong

Along with wanting a showerhead setup in a 16mm size...with a smaller bowl for sure.....the other thing that I was wondering from the start was about the square parts/holder box compared to the open round one.

I wish the square box would of been an upgrade option when I got the kit. Anyone have both the round one and the square one with cover....can compare what it is like to have/use both?

jardri

Vapor Dreams
The Sub is in the cupboard packed away and never gets used anymore...
IMO, the Sub needs a redesign to come up to modern day vapes.
It should be able to be used without preheating the bowl and it should be an awesome convection vape.
IMO it is a conduction/convection hybrid that missed the mark for me.

THANK YOU SO MUCH! You sum up my doubts pretty well. My AVB is near black after one big hit (710º very slow draws). Could the Sublimator be noticeably more efficient at this point?? I think one hit full extraction is the coup de créme and the Showerhead excels at it.

wanting a showerhead setup in a 16mm size

The biggest pro of the showerhead is the airflow. You can´t get this airflow in 16 mm but a 20 mm coil is cheap!

LabPong

The biggest pro of the showerhead is the airflow. You can´t get this airflow in 16 mm but a 20 mm coil is cheap!

That is my problem.....way too much airflow. I would like more draw restriction, and a smaller load chamber would help. Or I need to find a 10' can water unit that has a lot of draw restriction compared to my stereo matrix unit.

Which leads me to my next question or request. I would love to hear what water units you all find to work well for you. I can see from a few pics here what people use.....but I am more interested in finding a diff water unit to use now. Maybe something with a honeycomb perc? I find the single honeycomb perc in my 15 straight tube to be the most restrictive I have now, but do not like using it at my desk. My D020-D is way too free flowing.

My other option was to try some peace water, I like how the carb muffles the turbulence down some, but I find I dont need the carb when doing just flower. When I add kief...carb helps.

LabPong,
Reactions: Morty

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
Air flow is easily manipulated with slower draw speed. I used to use a carb cap but I like the variable flow from lung power, carb capping for me now a days is reserved for concentrates in the dish or if I think there may be a hit left on a nearly spent bowl. Even then I don't generally do that as I prefer more of a "hash hit" so I generally dump the load before it tastes like ABV.

I use a stereo matrix perc and love it other than how it kills some of the flavor compared to my low diffusion recycler.

Square4Life

That is my problem.....way too much airflow. I would like more draw restriction, and a smaller load chamber would help. Or I need to find a 10' can water unit that has a lot of draw restriction compared to my stereo matrix unit.

Which leads me to my next question or request. I would love to hear what water units you all find to work well for you. I can see from a few pics here what people use.....but I am more interested in finding a diff water unit to use now. Maybe something with a honeycomb perc? I find the single honeycomb perc in my 15 straight tube to be the most restrictive I have now, but do not like using it at my desk. My D020-D is way too free flowing.

My other option was to try some peace water, I like how the carb muffles the turbulence down some, but I find I dont need the carb when doing just flower. When I add kief...carb helps.

I wonder if something simple like a titanium cap or lid which could bet set down on top of the SH's inlet holes, reducing the number of air holes. It could be sized to just the middle area, that way it was a good enough fit it wouldn't fall off BUT it could easily be pulled off or maybe even turn the SH upside down and tap on the base or table to knock off?, and only have some of the holes (maybe half?) visible.

Square4Life,

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
That is my problem.....way too much airflow. I would like more draw restriction, and a smaller load chamber would help.

Welcome to the most open draw vaporizer on the market! Not sure what temps you are using but just try chirping it til the perc barely fires. It's gonna feel really different coming from vapes like the Vapcap and Arizer which I own both of, and are the most restrictive vapes I have ever used.

I wonder if something simple like a titanium cap or lid which could bet set down on top of the SH's inlet holes, reducing the number of air holes. It could be sized to just the middle area, that way it was a good enough fit it wouldn't fall off BUT it could easily be pulled off or maybe even turn the SH upside down and tap on the base or table to knock off?, and only have some of the holes (maybe half?) visible.

Seems to defeat the whole purpose of the Showerhead to me. IMO if any modification was to be done to the Showerhead, I would keep all the holes in their existing locations, and just reduce the diameter of the air holes to add just a TOUCH more chug/backpressure.

Square4Life

Welcome to the most open draw vaporizer on the market! Not sure what temps you are using but just try chirping it til the perc barely fires. It's gonna feel really different coming from vapes like the Vapcap and Arizer which I own both of, and are the most restrictive vapes I have ever used.

Seems to defeat the whole purpose of the Showerhead to me. IMO if any modification was to be done to the Showerhead, I would keep all the holes in their existing locations, and just reduce the diameter of the air holes to add just a TOUCH more chug/backpressure.

That would work too, I was simply looking for a solution to the current SH WITHOUT modification...that way the few people that need less airflow, can have less airflow. Plus, this solution would cost next to nothing. I like 'universal' fit solutions. For example, how they changed the WA to a 20mm as well. Now, if I want a WA, I can have it for only $50.00. That was my thinking on the lid, there isn't a new head everyone has to go out and buy. The costs could be cheap enough everyone could afford the lid to compare with and without.

Square4Life,

LabPong

Air flow is easily manipulated with slower draw speed. I used to use a carb cap but I like the variable flow from lung power, carb capping for me now a days is reserved for concentrates in the dish or if I think there may be a hit left on a nearly spent bowl. Even then I don't generally do that as I prefer more of a "hash hit" so I generally dump the load before it tastes like ABV.

I use a stereo matrix perc and love it other than how it kills some of the flavor compared to my low diffusion recycler.

Yes I am finding the same thing, flavor is reduced using my larger stereo matrix compared to my D020. I love the D020 using other vapes, but there is just too much turbulence with the showerhead.

Yea I can micro control with draw/breath pressure, but it is more with the timing and rhythm of my draw I want to tailor the hardware with. Another words, I have weaker lungs and am so tired of the huge work out with other vapes. So now I have the ability to tweak everything to suit my needs/wants. I am trying to setup a deal like Chicken has with the glass bowl and dg'd hemp. Just waiting on the glass parts now, should be here tomorrow. I did test a glass 14mm bowl with a glass star in the bottom. The hole in the bottom of the ball was really small and it helped calm the draw down a lot. So I think Chicken's setup will be close to what I want. Just not thrilled to have to use the hemp fiber, cleaning, replacing, and taste wise.

Yea, restricting or limiting the air intake over the load is not what I want to change. If I want to do that...then I would just use the carb.

lazylathe

Almost there...
@Square4Life

You could also try adding some more water to your piece.
This adds a more chuggy draw and aids with adding some restriction to the draw.

The SH is all about ZERO restriction and adjusting your draw speed to suit the type of hit you want.
In the beginning i did not like the SH and always went back to my OG 16mm FP due to the extra draw resistance.
After a while i got the technique down and almost never use the OGFP anymore...

I also tried a Stainless Steel washer that closed the outer ring of holes on the SH to try and get more resistance. It worked okay but was a pain to try and set up every time...

IMO, your best bet is to stick with the SH and adjust your inhale technique to suit the tool you are using.

I have tried many, many mods and always go back to the original set up!

As for a smaller bowl, just load less! This vape extracts from tiny amounts with no issues!

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
That would work too, I was simply looking for a solution to the current SH WITHOUT modification...that way the few people that need less airflow, can have less airflow. Plus, this solution would cost next to nothing. I like 'universal' fit solutions. For example, how they changed the WA to a 20mm as well. Now, if I want a WA, I can have it for only $50.00. That was my thinking on the lid, there isn't a new head everyone has to go out and buy. The costs could be cheap enough everyone could afford the lid to compare with and without.

I can respect that, but I'm quite certain it would create uneven roasting. I get hot spots with the Gen 1 Showercap and that's not even covering any of the airholes, just reducing pressure.

Square4Life

@Square4Life

You could also try adding some more water to your piece.
This adds a more chuggy draw and aids with adding some restriction to the draw.

The SH is all about ZERO restriction and adjusting your draw speed to suit the type of hit you want.
In the beginning i did not like the SH and always went back to my OG 16mm FP due to the extra draw :)resistance.
After a while i got the technique down and almost never use the OGFP anymore...

I also tried a Stainless Steel washer that closed the outer ring of holes on the SH to try and get more resistance. It worked okay but was a pain to try and set up every time...

IMO, your best bet is to stick with the SH and adjust your inhale technique to suit the tool you are using.

I have tried many, many mods and always go back to the original set up!

As for a smaller bowl, just load less! This vape extracts from tiny amounts with no issues!
Just to be clear...I don't want reduced airflow...just trying to help the fellow FP'ers out :) I don't even like capping as it gets too fiddly. Simple is best but some like to tinker.

I can respect that, but I'm quite certain it would create uneven roasting. I get hot spots with the Gen 1 Showercap and that's not even covering any of the airholes, just reducing pressure.

Wow that is very interesting

Square4Life,
Reactions: lazylathe

JJ420

chillin on the couch, sippin off a 22 ounce.
That is my problem.....way too much airflow. I would like more draw restriction, and a smaller load chamber would help.

Completely agree. The showerhead has a TON of airflow to it. Like you mentioned, a new showerhead with half the chamber size and half the airflow would be absolutely ideal.

Honeycomb would not be ideal though imo. You really want something with a ton of drag to it. My Luke Wilson 54-arm bubbler sucks with this thing, however my Nate Dizzle Swiss is a near perfect match for the showerhead.

JJ420,

jardri

Vapor Dreams
Showercap adds a lot of restriction. Also, the flowerpot og is a more restricted version of the showerhead. Because of that restriction, it is not as good for flowers. What you want already exists, but it is not as good.

Alex3oe

Accessory Maker
Short question: Would

- ShowerHead for 20mm Coil (3063)
- FlowerPot ShovelHead - Male Bowl (3097-KIT)
- 20mm Coil Nut (3066)

be enough and will this setup work together with any 20mm Coil or would I need another piece from NewVape?

JJ420

chillin on the couch, sippin off a 22 ounce.
Short question: Would ... be enough and will this setup work together with any 20mm Coil or would I need another piece from NewVape?

Other members have reported that other coils won't fit precisely as the NV coil.

JJ420,

jardri

Vapor Dreams
Short question: Would

- ShowerHead for 20mm Coil (3063)
- FlowerPot ShovelHead - Male Bowl (3097-KIT)
- 20mm Coil Nut (3066)

be enough and will this setup work together with any 20mm Coil or would I need another piece from NewVape?

Yes it would. But i would also pick the coil cover. Watch out!! NOT all 20 mm coils work with the showerhead

JPE

Can anyone confirm if auberins 20mm coil will fit the Showerhead?

Thanks

JPE,
Top Bottom