1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

NewVape FlowerPot Twax Vaporizer

Discussion in 'Plug-in Vaporizers' started by natural farmer, Nov 17, 2016.

1. Chicken #420

Chicken #420 I and I be Irie Vaping with U and U in Zion, mon!

My friend,
    CAUTION!!! BE CAREFUL!!! NewVape wires their controllers and coil XLR connector pins to a different pattern than industry standard. Do NOT use NV controllers with non-NV coils, or vice-versa, without first checking connector pinout diagrams and re-wiring if necessary.

Hogni, lazylathe, Alexis and 5 others like this.
  2. Alexis

Alexis Open minded philosopher and realist.

Alternatively, you could say it's like being seduced and captivated, but in a totally good way though!

lazylathe, Likes2vape, steama and 6 others like this.
  3. emmdeemo

emmdeemo I am being the five years old.

Before I start shouting from the rooftops, that 550 isnt a typo, right?!?

I checked to see which way up had more of the coil touching the dish, and went with that. I havent checked to see if theres any performance difference the other way up tho.

lazylathe, Likes2vape, Alexis and 5 others like this.
  4. muunch

muunch hotboxing the cockpit

What's your ground bud looking like @emmdeemo @Danksta

I find it a lot milkier at lower temps with a fine grind... with a coarse grind the flavor is much more pronounced at the expense of clouds...

Hogni, lazylathe, Likes2vape and 4 others like this.
  5. emmdeemo

Very fine from the NV fine grinder since getting that a few weeks ago.

Sometimes I forget and fill to the brim with bud for the first hit and then crumble the crispy load after, like I always did pre fine grinder (never really bothered with grinders in the last 20 years of weed obsession :)).

EDIT: In fact, with this low temp, always carbed, very fast draw method, its kinda crap without a grind. I think I'm just pulling too much air AROUND the bud, not through it. Basket method resolved that, but then theres too much draw restriction for me.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2017
    lazylathe, Likes2vape, Alexis and 3 others like this.
  6. Baron23

Baron23 Well-Known Member

You are miss understanding me.....I am not using either NV's coils nor their controller because of just this fact. Shame cause I adore NewVape and like Edwyn very much. I just won't get boxed in on a single source supplier.

I have an extra Auber coil (Chinese hot runner) with standard D-nail pin outs and use either of my controllers which also use standard D-nail pin outs.

My question is, which way do people orient the coil for best performance or doesn't it matter. With enails, I put the TC on the side closest to the dab surface as I should think this would minimize deltas between TC and dab surface temps.

On the FP, I'm currently leaning on putting the TC to the bottom as this will be closer to the load.

But I don't know if this will make a difference at all.

Anybody have any further input on this?

Thanks in advance.

Likes2vape, Alexis, steama and 2 others like this.
  7. Justpassedu

Justpassedu Well-Known Member

I never reallly experimented , always kept mine the way NV does with the handle towards the top and been getting great results. Sorry buddy

lazylathe, Likes2vape, Alexis and 3 others like this.
  8. emmdeemo

Oh ok, I get it more now what you're asking.

I have the TC on the bottom.

9. steama

steama Well-Known Member

I just put mine on top without much of a thought. Let us know if you notice any difference.

10. Baron23

@emmdeemo - thanks and I should have said we are misundertanding each other....not that you misunderstood me. No finger pointing from me and I do appreciate your taking the time to reply.

By the by, I like your new avatar but liked the old one better...it was a really disturbing pic! LOL

@Justpassedu and @steama - thanks guys...I put the handle at the top and the TC at the bottom and will give it a go. I tightened up my coil pretty good and plan to start out about about 640 and see where to go from there. Thanks again.

P.S. - just got a note back from Edwyn and he doesn't feel that orientation makes any difference with the coil cover which I did get. I agree with him that the ergonomics seem better with the coil handle at the top and that's what I have done.

Cheers

11. Alexis

Alexis Open minded philosopher and realist.

I have never used the Mighty, nor the Flowerpot, but my calculated intuition can tell you 100% that the experience of vaporizing marijuana with the Flowerpot SH will be a SIGNIFICANTLY more enjoyable, satisfying and fulfilling experience!

And the amazing thing it seems, as @Justpassedu has expressed, is how the FP will give a stronger high from LESS (or the same at least) material.

Sorry I forgot you wanted input from those with Mighty and FP experience, hopefully there will be a few more people. But personally Im not VASing for the Mighty at all, whereas the FP is clearly on another level.

I can sense you are already hooked anyway. You will almost certainly receive no assurance that the Flowerpot won't be worth it in every way, so surely a question of "when"?:lol:

Last edited: Oct 12, 2017
    steama, lazylathe, Likes2vape and 3 others like this.
  12. emmdeemo

Ha! No doubt I'll change pic again at some point :)

Handle at the top and TC at the bottom? I thought I understood but I dont think I do now. I'm gonna forget it and move on :) Disregard any of my answers :)

steama, lazylathe, Likes2vape and 2 others like this.
  13. NewVape710

NewVape710 Seeking Higher Ground Manufacturer

[​IMG]

Here's a video to help get you started.

Click to play YouTube Video

GreenHopper, steama, Shooby and 8 others like this.
  14. psychonaut

psychonaut High as fuck

I wouldn't say significantly. It all depends on your temperature on the enail. I am finishing bowls at 640F in my FP in 2-3 hits versus 7-8 at 410F in the Crafty, however this is not an equal comparison as I don't put my crafty through water.

steama, lazylathe, Likes2vape and 2 others like this.
  15. ichibaneye

ichibaneye Vapriot, Traveler & Vaporizer/ing lover!

@emmdeemo I was thinking about your comments about not being able to milk out more from your ABV. I'm ALWAYS able to extract more from my ABV until it gets to the completely roasted stage.

What I do is place the FP head on the bowl and let is heat sink for about 20-30 seconds into the ABV. It then takes about 2-3 long draws to prime the ABV before you'll start extracting what's left over. I'm talking like 30 second draws at the least here. Of course the temperature has been turned up during this whole process too. Take care to make sure you adjust your draw speed from slow to fast once you start seeing/squeezing out the last little bit of love from that ABV at this point because the chance for combustion here is a very fine line. :)

steama, Hogni, lazylathe and 5 others like this.
  16. emmdeemo

Thanks! I think I probably meant more along the lines of it being almost fully extracted. I put yesterdays ABV in the vapcap today and went for high heat, one acceptable draw and that was it. At these 540f type temps, I do think I'm employing the heat soak aspects a little more. My lungs are feeling a bit more clear/less sensitive so I've gone up to a whopping 560f! :) (i was typing this out and forgot the head was still on the bowl, took a hit, spluttered vapour everywhere)

Bloody DHL didnt arrive with the Vapecode controller today so my anticipation of cross referencing temps continues to grow :D

steama, lazylathe, Danksta and 6 others like this.
  17. PoopMachine

PoopMachine Well-Known Member

Im all for it. Ive been waiting for a cap style like this.

What would be great is a small piece in between the dabber and the cap to dissipate some heat.

steama, Danksta and Likes2vape like this.
  18. Justpassedu

Justpassedu Well-Known Member

Picked up one of those glycerin coooler attachments that you keep in the freezer. Super smooth hits , I barely felt the hit at 640f using the showerhead. Had to take a quick video for you guys.
    Click to play YouTube Video

steama, squigger, Hogni and 10 others like this.
  19. Baron23

I like the concept but agree with others....KISS, no need for adjustable airflow IMO. It never worked that well for Liger.

Just an observation, but most folks put too big of a carb hole in their caps, including D-nail IMO. With D-nail, I often stick a q-tip over the hole to decrease airflow and drop pressure.

You just got to test it out and see if there is one size hole that will work well for concentrates and flower only loads.

As far as chamfers instead of radius...aesthetically I rather like chamfers but suggest you go with what's easiest (and hence cheapest) to make and users will live with it either way.

This is just one guy's view and no more valuable than that.

steama, Hogni, Justpassedu and 6 others like this.
  20. paytonpenn

paytonpenn Level 30 Nature/Healer

@Justpassedu Can you repeat this scene with the OG 16mm Flowerpot nail with lollicap? Still 640F Coil.

steama, Joaon, Justpassedu and 2 others like this.
  21. psychonaut

psychonaut High as fuck

One of your posts turned me onto trying that qtip cover method on the dnail carb cap and I enjoyed the restricted flow, it seemed to condense the hit better. Ultimately I went back to no cover, but it is a simple solution when desired.

22. NewVape710

I'm not sure I like the looks of either one. The chinese seem to struggle a little more with reverse engineering parts with radius.

JCat, steama, Hogni and 3 others like this.
  23. Danksta

Danksta Well-Known Member

You read correct. I had been following your travel into the really low temps and thought 550 would be a good starting point. I'm loving it right now and don't plan to adjust it. Taste is so so good and the clouds are actually decent. I'm very happy with the results so far. I can't imagine ever going higher. Maybe for effects here and there but it kinda of feels like a waste of terps to me.

EDIT: Every hit tastes delicious at these temps. Even the last hit. Using a fine or coarse grind.

JCat, steama, Justpassedu and 4 others like this.
  24. NewVape710

I agree and have relocated the air hole.

dang I just did a back to back post

25. Likes2vape

Likes2vape Well-Known Member

Nice rip man love that bong! I didn’t know they made glycerin coolers for the bowl, that’s pretty sweet. @WAM90 you need ask yourself if the mighty can milk like this!!

D-nail has fixed this, the V2 carb cap uses a smaller hole around the same size as the showercap. It doesn’t need to be plugged with a q-tip at all.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors