1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

NewVape FlowerPot Twax Vaporizer

Discussion in 'Plug-in Vaporizers' started by natural farmer, Nov 17, 2016.

1. muunch

muunch hotboxing the cockpit

Only other desktop I've tried are logs, but I agree with all points made above.

2. Danksta

Danksta Well-Known Member

Okay I have decided to get a showerhead combo next week along with a 14mm male FP base. I already have the Lollicap, coil and controller. Can someone explain the appeal of the $40 coil holder? For now I just plan to get the SH combo and FP base to get up and running. Am I missing anything?

3. shaolinmilk

shaolinmilk Well-Known Member

4. muunch

You'll need a showercap - the lollicap won't fit.

The handle looks nice and provides stability to the setup... think that's really it. You won't "need" it, but it's nice.

edit:

you'll be more than set... til the next round of goodies gets released :p

5. Danksta

Even for just flower, I should get the cap?

steama likes this.
  6. muunch

Debatable.

For me... I'd say it's not necessary for flowers. I never use it unless I really wanna squeeze the last bit out of my flower, or I'm dabbing.

Others here like it for flowers I think, but they run lower temps than me.

I like using it like in my vid on last page with flower; no showerhead, full speed pull, 1 hit clear and baked as a potato. :haw:

Last edited: Sep 12, 2017
  7. steama

steama Well-Known Member

My personal opinion is that the showerhead has so much air flow that the showercap is indispensable. Sure you can vape without using the showercap but you can so so much more with the showercap.

Buying a SH without the SC is like buying a violin without the bow. Get the showercap.

:2c:

8. NewVape710

NewVape710 Seeking Higher Ground Manufacturer

the insides of the 2726, and the 3076 grinders are exactly the same minus the anodize.

the 3076 is 1/2" taller than the 2726.
    This was lengthened to prevent thumb knuckles from rubbing together when in use, and evenly space the 8" arm bands. Over the years of making grinders people have requested a non anodized version. A weekly cleaning with a hot water, dawn dish soap, and a firm brush the grinder will run smooth for a lifetime. I personally believe the anodize is for aesthetic purposes only and the lack of it represents one less unnecessary substance our flowers come in contact with.

Hurricane Irma Update:
    I'm thrilled to report that our newVape factory, and employee homes, have suffered no damage. Our factory still does not have power but it has been restored to my home. Thanks for all the concern surrounding this storm.

9. Chicken #420

Chicken #420 I and I be irie, vaping with U and U in Zion mon!

This.

I will add that the FlowerPot has completely cured me of the need or desire to look at any other deskop vaporizer. I still own an E-Nano that I purchased a few weeks before the FP... and you know what? The Nano is a GREAT vape, amazing in every way, but I just don't use it any more. I love the FP that much more! :)

Buy the FP, even with the added difficulty of dealing with the European 220V coil and controller. You will be glad you did! :D

10. invertedisdead

invertedisdead trance-form

Here's where I get confused, isn't a large part of the showerheads design the increased airflow? Why not just hit the regular Flowerpot if the air is to be reduced down to one hole through carb capping anyways?

I'm still not sure which one to get! :shrug:

11. Justpassedu

Justpassedu Well-Known Member

I personally feel there is definitely a increase of airflow with the Showerhead but it is not a huge difference , it is there though. The purpose being when both are carb capped you'd get the better flow with the SH . Makes it a bit easier to milk but both do milk with ease. You'll get a bit better heat retention also with the Sh due to its size. I personally use both and like both allot so it would really come down to your needs. If you are more into concentrates , than at the moment i recommend the combo that allows you to use the Dnail Sic dish , if you are more heavy on flower you'd be better off with the Sh.

12. Chicken #420

I purchased my ShowerHead about 10 days before I bought the ShowerCap to go with it. Here are my experiences:

The LolliCap will work (sort of...) with the ShowerHead, but it leaves a large annular gap between the LolliCap and the edges of the ShowerHead intake dish. This does serve to restrict airflow, but not to the extent that the ShowerCap does. I would say that this is definitely a case of "use the right tool for the job", but in this case you sort of CAN use a screwdriver (LolliCap) to do the job of a prybar (ShowerCap)... but just barely. For the best experience and results, buy the correct cap for the particular FlowerPot head you are using.

I would not personally run either the OG (and Wraparound version...) or the ShowerHead without owning at LEAST a LolliCap, but that's just a subjective personal choice and might not match up with the needs of the rest of you. I like the control over vapor production that the caps provide, as well as the dual-use of keeping the herb in my bowl afterward (by covering it with a cap post-heating to avoid pipe air blowback) that these tools provide.

Hope this helps!

P.S. To Edwyn and the NewVape crew, thanks for the update! I'm glad to hear you are all OK and that our favorite machine shop and money disposal facility was not damaged by the storm! :)

13. btka

btka Well-Known Member

good and funny to hear this... I sold my loved e-nano (which I did not use for a long time)... to collect the funds to buy me a flowerpot or a herborizer ti...

lazylathe, Alexis, steama and 3 others like this.
  14. Likes2vape

Likes2vape Well-Known Member

I personally do not like using the showercap with just flowers. I do find capping restricts the draw and I find it is noticeable. I like the flavor better not capping and I can still get 1 hit extractions no problem without the shower cap. I have my controller set between 680-710 and just take a slow draw draw until I see vapor forming at that point I can pretty much pull as hard as I want. If I notice the vapor thinning out I'll slow my draw down just slightly. IMO the showercap is not needed for if you're just vaping flower.

I got the new bowl design from NV and it freaking rocks. No more worrying about dumping your screen out or the screen moving when you stir. I love it can't wait for the party bowl!!

15. steama

steama Well-Known Member

The huge air flow of the showerhead is in fact 'the reason' to use the showercap.

I love the air flow of the showerhead and nothing is like it. That said, because of the air flow of the showerhead you can see dramatic results from using the showercap.

The showercap's only a tool to manipulate more vapor, faster, from the showerhead. Sure, using the SC momentarily adds restriction and concentrates heat but pumps the vapor in return. I use the showercap only as a tool to pump more vapor faster.

I don't use the SC through the entire draw but to get the vapor really rolling it kicks some major ass.

:nod:

16. btka

btka Well-Known Member

17. Chicken #420

Steama - making the world a better place, one post at a time! :rockon:

Listen to him. He knows what he's talking about!
    ShowerCap and LolliCap: Vapor Modulation Devices. ;)

18. emmdeemo

emmdeemo Never ever, bloody anything, ever.

I'm straddling both camps re: the showercap.

For flowers, I dont find carbing necessary in the slightest. I never use it for flowers. But I'll be buying one the moment I've got the cash.

Bottom line: If you're buying the Showerhead, buy a Showercap.

The clouds tho, jesus. Keif and clouds and high temps. No coughing and the BIGGEST clouds I've ever blown. It was amazing.

19. Danksta

I'm pretty excited about grabbing this vape. You are guys are doing a great job selling it. This looks like a really fun system. :D

20. steama

steama Well-Known Member

One thing I am really digging about the SH is it's versatility, it's much more than simply dabs and flower. I have told myself I was going to 'dial in' the SH several times only finding I wanted either more or less heat to match the moment. Sometimes it is nice for a wide open low temp draw and other times I want to get hit in the face with thick vapor from a high temp hit.

So I find myself adjusting the temp, or using the SC all the time to match my mood. The showerhead is the only vape I have used that can do all 'vape things' so well.

21. Baron23

Baron23 Well-Known Member

Outstanding, Edwyn. My friends in Daytona dodged the bullet as well as my cousins in Tampa and Apollo Beach which looked to be ground zero for a while until the very end.

All good and thanks for letting us know that you, your family, your employees and your facility came through unscathed.

I presume without power at the plant that you are not taking new orders at the present???

Cheers

22. Justpassedu

Justpassedu Well-Known Member

I gotta say while the Sh is amazing , i agree .The 20mm with the wrap around head is also no slouch and i find it does all 'vape things' well also , i love them all haha. I am switching between the 2 week to week .

Alexis, lazylathe, steama and 2 others like this.
  23. emmdeemo

Agreed, completely. The only thing I 'need' here to complete the system is the new bowl, means I can have the temp up at 740 for one hitter dabs and have the flower far enough away to vape it comfortably.

24. muunch

Same exact thing here.

I haven't "settled" anywhere actually.

I suppose I'll just change at will. Don't know why I thought I would end up having a constant set value anyway.

edit:

new bowl = new handle? pics?

25. emmdeemo

Yeah, I thought I'd have a preferred smaller range, like 580 - 620 or something. But today I've been at 740, 580, now Im at 670 :)

Hogni, invertedisdead, Alexis and 3 others like this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors