Newbie to Vaporizers? ask your question....

RoP

I live in a rented room in an apartment building, with a lock on my door, with four other people who are smart enough to be fine with being aware that I smoke marijuana. My landlord, who also lives there, however is "not cool like that". To avoid a confrontation with my landlord about it, which brand of portable Vaporizer is best for being mostly odorless without stinking up the room and with any faint smells that can be easily eliminated with air fresheners etc.?

Last edited:
RoP,

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
Do you have access to concentrates or distillate? Flowers are going to be the stinkiest as the ABV will have a noticable odor. as well as the heated up flower vaporizer. I would think any of the ecig mods or distillate pens would work well, if you have access to concentrates. You could blow your vapor through a smoke buddy or something of that sort. Some people make their own with dryer sheets and toilet paper rolls. You could then put the stinky ecig mod into a ziplock bag to keep the smell down.

I like cashmere woods air freshner, it seems to play well with cannabis.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Even though vapor is light and doesn't linger around long like combustion smoke, IMO handling raw bud stinks a room up more than vaporizing it.

I would suggest Ozium or a medical air freshener, these are designed to chemically remove the smell instead of just mask it with other scents.

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
I'm with the other guys fresh ground bud stinks up a room for far longer than any vapour will or even ABV.

Concentrates don't typically stink nearly as bad since there less surface area exposed to the air. Just like whole nugs don't smell as strong as ground bud.

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
Keep your stash in a smell proof container is number one. Vaporizing does smell but not to the extent that smoking does. Food smells can cover up vapor smells pretty good. If you have a microwave, pop some popcorn. Fry some bacon, that really covers the smell. I also have an oil defuser which works well. Get an air purifier, you can buy those at a hardware store.

Best of all save your money and move. You want to have the freedom to live your life as you please.:2c::peace::leaf:

Last edited:

asdf420

Does vaporizing still smell less than breaking up buds at high temps like 430F?
My sense of smell sucks

asdf420,

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
The smell of the actual bud smells more than vaporizing. The 430 degree heat will still smell a little also depending which vaporizer your using, some vapes are stinkier than others. Keep your vaporizer clean and you will experience less smell coming from the vaporizer itself. Put a towel under your door as well while vaporizing. Open a window if its not too cold outside.

CarolKing,
Reactions: asdf420

sickmanfraud

The medical cannabis I get from my dispensary comes sealed in 10 gram sealed foil/plastic packages. The packages are like a potato chip bag, but considerably thicker.

When I return home from my dispensary my wife can tell from the smells coming from the sealed foil bags?!

In the begining my wife was bothered by the vaping and I got a Smokebuddy https://www.amazon.com/Black-smokeb...qid=1520158393&sr=8-1&keywords=smoke+buddy+jr

Helped a lot. I think the smokebuddy along with a can of Lysol and you should be golden.

Top Bottom