Newbie pressing rosing....not very successful results :(

TheFatBastard

Well, just got a nice KP-1 Rosin Press that seems ideal for home use and press my homegrown flowers.

Not having too much yield, indeed, after pressing 3g of my last year White Widow I got NOTHING.Herb was totally pressed but I could barely get any rosin. I was more lucky with some Gorilla Glue I've grown this year, but not very impressive results. Guess my weed is too dry maybe....though is ideal for vaping flowers, seems like I should hydrate my buds to get any return pressing.Boveda bags are not available here, any advices hydrating buds for pressing?

I'm doing around 60seconds pressing at 190F, do you have some newbie tips you could share? (Ideal condition of the flowers for pressing, how hydrate buds, if I should press only fresh flowers....)

Thanks in advance!

CR250M

Ontario, CA
the very first time I used my dabpress 3ton was with bone dry flower, rosin is darker and abit less yield than fresher bud but still minimum 15%.... and still works/tastes fantastic!

The basic steps I do;

1. remove big stems and pack bag with 7g, place closer to the front than the center of the plates to aid in letting the rosin flow off the front of the plates, don't allow the bag to squeeze out the front
2. temp at 190, press the bag until its about 1/4" thick and let heat for 20-30 seconds
3. timer set for 3 mins
4. apply pressure but not completely bottomed out puck's now about 1/8" thick
5. you'll start to see dampness at about 30sec to 1min apply abit more pressure
6. periodically check pressure/force and adjust as needed to keep the puck fully squeezed
7. 3 mins done release pressure and collect

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
I looked at the KP-1 when someone talked maybe getting one somewhere and I wondered how much pressure it could deliver and couldn’t find any answer provided. Do they state anything in the owners manual?
The PSI is my number one hesitation with this type of AIO unit because I worry about that lever but the nugsmasher mini looks like it uses the same and owners rave about its performance.

Good luck @TheFatBastard keep on keeping on!

Hippie

KP-1 is a 4T press

You can rehydrate the dry material in a jar overnight with something like a lettuce leaf or some fruit peel thrown in there for the moisture.

I would press for longer than 60 seconds as said ^ and try a 3 min press

Edit : correcting the autocorrects

elmomuzz

That just happened...
First your running to cool for your experience level. Up the temp to 220. I would try with just a single nice bud at first. Put it between the paper and crank it down. My squishes usually take under 30 seconds to limit terp evaporation. Try this and report back.

TheFatBastard

Last night I tried pressing at 190F for 2 minutes (added more pression after 1 minute) and 3 weeks ago harvested buds and the yield was very good. As I said, guess humidity is all, gotta try different temperatures also, maybe I'll go 200F next time.

The high was nice and powerful, tasted great, really love rosin.

Top Bottom