new vap design help please! thoughts and critique required...cheers.

the gibbon

Manufacturer
hello there,the u.k calling i require criticism for my latest design any help please!!having problems posting pictures.... can anyone help??

the gibbon,

the gibbon

Manufacturer

the gibbon

Manufacturer
right an explanation is required.........
the test tube is 30mm in diameter will a 9mm hole at the base , cork at top.....
the inner air heater tube is 8mm borosilicate ,
around this tube is a 50cm length of 24swg nichrome wire attached to 2mm threaded bar and connector block terminal stripped of plastic.. to make the connections with wire... the cork holds the threaded bars and the air heater tube...
the inner tube cuts flush at the bottom of the test tube so no nichrome tainted air is consumed- just superheated air from a "jacketed" inner tube... hope that makes sense... i own bench dc power supplies so have been playing with lengths and gauges for accurate temp...not to mention trying to get an affordable power supply- i've managed to get the supply to a clean 5 amp anywhere between 10-14v.. readily available materials are used in the making i use you guys to go and create..... a parts list will follow .... please -any questions? a name would be good!!!!!thanks..:peace:

the gibbon,

the gibbon

Manufacturer
:) i forgot to mention this works great on any bowl on any bong- i.e you favourite!!
i use mine with my roor-its fantastic!!!!

i'm a chronic volcano user and have owned a verdamper for a while... both fantastic pieces of equipment but to be honest this is just as good... i have a run of 4 going to closest friends for evaluation....
i wait with baited breathe..
my next development is a glass jar with cork lid for vapor condensing ...
i didn't mention i use a quickfit glassware adaptor tith a 14mm to 24mm conical glass fitment as the vaporising bowl fitted with gauze.. which can be seen on the roor. however the tube will fit over any bowl under 30mm diameter-i haven't yet come across such a bowl!!but i suppose you never know? the psu is a switched mode 12v. 5amp general supply available from you local radio shack type places you have in the states and that neck of the woods.to be honest all the supplies needed are alot easier to get in the u.s- sometimes i wish i lived there-you guys have a much bigger vaporizing community than here in the u.k..
please your thoughts.....thanks for reading.:):peace:

the gibbon,

quomist

Rock the Casbah
This is very clever! I'd love to make one for usage with my own glass.

quomist,

SSS

mmj patient under siege by the obama admin
a vid on youtube of this vape in action would be good.

SSS,

the gibbon

Manufacturer
:o:) hi there...
working on the video......
hope you are intrigued...
parts list coming soon.....
very cheap however
...and very effective...
however skill and and certain amount of control are needed to vap well like a pro.i.e low (150c)to high temp205)-as a slow process..gradual rise as vapors are released .or at least how i think you should be vapping-any ideas or expansion on this subject please feel free to interject..:peace: please more thoughts...

the gibbon,

Ash

vaporist
How are you making the seal at the business-end between the large and small glass tubes? That would have to be air-tight, right? Or, like you said, you're breathing in nichrome fumes.

You might want to check out this thread:
http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=329&p=1
This is dedicated to do-it yourselfers making a similar-style vape, though yours is significantly different in many respects.

Ash,

lwien

Hey Gibbon, I apologize for being kinda harsh there. Hadn't had my coffee yet. Really do appreciate you posting this up.

lwien,

the gibbon

Manufacturer
eh up vapormonkeys......
the inner tube is no longer than the outer test tube so it sits flush with the test tube end... there is no seal at the bowl end but - air flows through the inner tube and comes straight out of the 8mm tube into bong. because there's no gap the outer test tube,nichrome air simply can't be sucked because theres no hole in the test tube!!! the photo of the end was one of the early incarnations- the inner tube actually now is flush.... i hope you guys are getting this.. quite difficult to explain..in reality its very simple.... its like a 195c straw!!! think of it as a shisha coal-providing heat.. comments please..:):peace:

:peace:hi iwien-- thanks for coming back there..... no worries old chap... i hadn't had my vap before attempting to post them piccies! thanks for apollogie .... cheers- the gibbon:peace:

Mod note: Posts merged. Please use the edit button to avoid back to back posts. Tip- spaces are needed between smilie icons and other characters/letters for the graphics to work. ;)

the gibbon,
Top Bottom