New to vacuum purging and QWET

sammmg

I am looking to vacuum purge me QWET but don't know where to start... New to the whole vac aspect. Is there a beginners guide kicking around? What is a good base level vac to get?

sammmg,
Reactions: 2clicker

2clicker

Observer
check out these guys. good quality product at nice prices. havent heard anything bad about them. there are a couple of other similar outfits avail aslo, but i dont remember them.

any reason in particular you are thinking about vaccing your qwet?

as for the tech part of it. i dont have a vac so i cant help, but there are other threads here in the concentrate section on the subject.

2clicker,

sammmg

awesome, just ordered a vacuum chamber and pump.

I have been messing around with QWET a little bit and I am having difficulty getting all the alcohol out even with heat. Been wanting to make the best/cleanest stuff I can, so I figured I should get a vac setup.

still trying to find a good Tec guide for purging QWET in a vac chamber. I think all I need is the vac chamber pump and electric hot plate/griddle right?

sammmg,

2clicker

Observer
awesome, just ordered a vacuum chamber and pump.

I have been messing around with QWET a little bit and I am having difficulty getting all the alcohol out even with heat. Been wanting to make the best/cleanest stuff I can, so I figured I should get a vac setup.

still trying to find a good Tec guide for purging QWET in a vac chamber. I think all I need is the vac chamber pump and electric hot plate/griddle right?

well i think some use heat and others dont...? i have yet to venture into the world of vacs myself.

and now im holding out even more because of all the rosin tech that is going down right now. if we can get to where one can yield 15-20% (obviously dependent on strain YMMV) consistently, DIY, with rosin tech then i will be done with ethanol washes. rambling sorry.

2clicker,

sammmg

yeah, I've tried out rosin Tec wasn't getting good yields. Even messing around, I am getting 18%-20% yields.

no worries about rambling, always good to bounce around ideas. I like the QWET just due to ease, and residual alcohol probably wont hurt me too bad. Still, curious how much better I can make this. I am willing to spend a little bit of cash now, if it saves me money long term. $40 a gram for shatter is the best I can find, I can make it for roughly $22 a gram.

sammmg,

2clicker

Observer
yeah, I've tried out rosin Tec wasn't getting good yields. Even messing around, I am getting 18%-20% yields.

no worries about rambling, always good to bounce around ideas. I like the QWET just due to ease, and residual alcohol probably wont hurt me too bad. Still, curious how much better I can make this. I am willing to spend a little bit of cash now, if it saves me money long term. $40 a gram for shatter is the best I can find, I can make it for roughly $22 a gram.

well you are basically thinking the way i was when i was doing my own runs. like you i wanted to know if a vac would improve it even more. never got there. still interested, but the rosin presses that are going to be released have me intrigued.

oh shit this reminds me that i have a jar of some 2nd run qwet in my freezer that has been winterizing for... months. lol whoops

2clicker,
Reactions: Vapology
Top Bottom