New Shipping Vaporizer / Accessories Law

haydenxxl

Hey,

So I was thinking of opening up an online store selling vapes and e-pens,

I was told by the tobacco license comptroller (im in TX, btw) that I wouldn't need a tobacco license, but there is a new law (in TX, and i think its starting in other states too) that to legally ship out the stuff, I have to get the recipient to scan me their license, sign upon deliver, and (here's the deal breaker for me) every month send the state a copy of each of the license's I took. I definitely agree that the whole mail order/ internet order stuff was a little unregulated [I was able to buy anything I wanted online before being 18 ;)
But the whole providing the government the copy of the I.D. too seems a little bit of an invasion of customer privacy.

Thoughts? Am I being too paranoid?

Also please link me any threads regarding the legality of shipping vapes, I remember seeing one awhile back about a similar subject but can't seem to find it in the search.

Joel W.

Deplorable Basement Dweller
Accessory Maker
If they insist..

mclovin_id.jpg

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
E-cigarettes (and by extension, vaporizers) are considered a "High Risk" product by visa. There is a lot of returns, bank chargebacks and stolen credit cards (apparently). I know starting my business has been a bitch to find a way to sell my products online.

That said, I am only selling accessories, not juices, not vaporizers. That puts me into a slightly different class than other businesses.

So far this is new to me, I haven't heard of this before, but if that's the case, you might want to consider opening your business in a state which doesn't have those laws.....

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
Hey,

So I was thinking of opening up an online store selling vapes and e-pens,

I was told by the tobacco license comptroller (im in TX, btw) that I wouldn't need a tobacco license, but there is a new law (in TX, and i think its starting in other states too) that to legally ship out the stuff, I have to get the recipient to scan me their license, sign upon deliver, and (here's the deal breaker for me) every month send the state a copy of each of the license's I took. I definitely agree that the whole mail order/ internet order stuff was a little unregulated [I was able to buy anything I wanted online before being 18 ;)
But the whole providing the government the copy of the I.D. too seems a little bit of an invasion of customer privacy.

Thoughts? Am I being too paranoid?

Also please link me any threads regarding the legality of shipping vapes, I remember seeing one awhile back about a similar subject but can't seem to find it in the search.

Whoa! Can you imagine the reaction many of us would have had the first time we went to order from PIU or such if we were asked for a copy of our license!?!?!? Instant transaction killer for me and ass-u-me the same for a bunch of other folk as well. Is it possible the comptroller may have been talking about the tobacco laws and not the law for vapes? I never heard of such a thing and this is the site where it would have been touted big time.

haydenxxl

Whoa! Can you imagine the reaction many of us would have had the first time we went to order from PIU or such if we were asked for a copy of our license!?!?!? Instant transaction killer for me and ass-u-me the same for a bunch of other folk as well. Is it possible the comptroller may have been talking about the tobacco laws and not the law for vapes? I never heard of such a thing and this is the site where it would have been touted big time.
It may just be a Texas law, but I was on the phone with her a good while and she was adamant about the ID scanning, it's a shame

haydenxxl,

little maggie

I know they require them at dispensaries but for too many reasons, I would feel totally unsafe doing that mail order.

little maggie,
Top Bottom