New business idea, whos with me??

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
So i was just thinking, how awesome would it be if there was a company like gazelle for electronics or something that bought back old/new unwanted vaporizers? Lets get this started!

Mynameismud,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Gazelle..? That is a bicycle company over here :rolleyes:

So what do you actually have in mind here?

Do you have a business plan? What are your credentials?

OhTheAgony,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
2 BIG problems with this idea.
  1. Paraphernalia is ILLEGAL :o
  2. Paraphernalia couldn't be resold unless it could be effectively cleaned/sterilized to make it safe, which is impracticable for most vapes. :ugh:
End of story :doh:

GOATPUSSY

I like the idea... But the paraphernalia thing is the reality.

I've used the classifieds on here to pick up a few things... Seems like that works pretty well to turn your unwanteds into others treasure. Everyone I've transacted with has been very cool and quick too.

GOATPUSSY,
Reactions: farscaper

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
2 BIG problems with this idea.
  1. Paraphernalia is ILLEGAL :o
  2. Paraphernalia couldn't be resold unless it could be effectively cleaned/sterilized to make it safe, which is impracticable for most vapes. :ugh:
End of story :doh:

1) Duh
2) Duh

Its not paraphanalia if its clean.
Its not that hard to effectivly clean most of the vapes I have owned so that there is no residue. That being said, ive never taken apart any of the vapes to make sure they are clean internally but i diubt that would cause a problem...but even the wispr can be cleaned fairly easily with some rubbing alcohol and something hard to scrape out and the metal can easily be refurbished later

The classified section is great but getting pics in there is really hard/ annoying on an ipad and it is more like an ebay type thing.
I have no business plan, was just looking at new cell phones and the idea popped into my head. I was thinking more of like a gotvape or vapeworld introducing this idea so your next vape purchase isnt that expensive...

Thanks for shitting on my dreams everyone

Mynameismud,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Its not paraphernalia if its clean.
I guess some of the 7,500 (new) bongs and water pipes that Tommy Chong sold on the Internet must have been dirty then :mental:

172.jpg

t-dub,
I guess some of the 7,500 (new) bongs and water pipes that Tommy Chong sold on the Internet must have been dirty then :mental:

172.jpg

t-dub has a point, but the current existence of head shops that sell online like ALT and HPG runs counter to that point. At least for now. It's possible that they could be raided at any time really, given murky laws on paraphernalia. I think it's predicted in Slinger's Degenerate Art movie about glass blowing that the next major raid on glass blowers / glass shops could come in 2013, following raids in 03 and 93.

But let's say things stay happy in glass land. MNIM, the point you make about the difficulty of thoroughly cleaning many vapes internally is probably what nixes your idea. But what if you applied that same concept to bongs? Much easier to get rid of all the residue. Just slap the word "tobacco" all over your advertising; I think that can legally clear the item of "paraphernalia" status, at least in some states, but I'm no lawyer.

OKcomputer,

vorrange

Vapor.wise
1) Duh
2) Duh

Its not paraphanalia if its clean.
Its not that hard to effectivly clean most of the vapes I have owned so that there is no residue. That being said, ive never taken apart any of the vapes to make sure they are clean internally but i diubt that would cause a problem...but even the wispr can be cleaned fairly easily with some rubbing alcohol and something hard to scrape out and the metal can easily be refurbished later

The classified section is great but getting pics in there is really hard/ annoying on an ipad and it is more like an ebay type thing.
I have no business plan, was just looking at new cell phones and the idea popped into my head. I was thinking more of like a gotvape or vapeworld introducing this idea so your next vape purchase isnt that expensive...

Thanks for shitting on my dreams everyone

No shitting going on as far as i can smell. People gave honest assessments on how they view your idea. No one said they did not like it.

I would love a used vaporizer website.. but the classifieds already fill that niche and there aren't enough ipads in the world to justify a website. Plus, you have to have profit.. when we sell our vaporizers where just trying not to lose too much money, a website will mean higher prices.

I still think you can do this, but you have to go beyond FC otherwise there would not be enough business to keep it at float. This would be the biggest advantage IMO, a larger vaporizer user universe will mean more choice in items for sale and if it gets big enough it will take a large part of the used market.

dannkk

172.jpg

Do you know much about that case? Or the laws involved? Water pipes are legal in most of the country. They're only considered paraphernalia while clean in a couple states. Some one at Chongs company shipped a few to one of those states. Politicians made it into a huge deal, when it really wasn't.

dannkk,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Do you know much about that case? Or the laws involved? Water pipes are legal in most of the country. They're only considered paraphernalia while clean in a couple states. Some one at Chongs company shipped a few to one of those states. Politicians made it into a huge deal, when it really wasn't.
I know a lot about that case. I used it to illustrate a couple points: One is that many times in this type of business you can run into what we call "unintended consequences" (could be bad considering we're shipping used vapes presumably through the USPS) Also, you are completely ignoring federal law. Try getting a business loan or insurance, which you are going to need when gambling on the resale of personal electronic/health devices, which not only depreciate a lot, I'm not sure that you could legally resell them. If they are considered a medical device you might have a public health issue to consider :peace:

t-dub,

Steele Concept

Transformer Tubes
Manufacturer
Not to shit on your dreams but you can't guaruntee that someone will clean these 100% if they are using the licit device for illicit usage. Good concept but you have to ensure full legal compliance and you wouldn't want to bring any trouble upon yourself.

If you got that entrepreneurial itch I have a few books in mind that can help you get a conception to launch and feel free to PM me.

But currently like Diego says in Blow "you had the wrong dream."

I mean the above with the utmost respect my man.

JCat

Accessory Maker
Agree with everyone here ... Good ideas come from people not afraid to speak up ... Don't let constructive criticism discourage you (even negative feedback, as the role of "devil's advocate" is an important one and forces you to defend your point of view and avoid potential future, unforeseen, problems)

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Not to shit on your dreams but you can't guaruntee that someone will clean these 100% if they are using the licit device for illicit usage. Good concept but you have to ensure full legal compliance and you wouldn't want to bring any trouble upon yourself.

If you got that entrepreneurial itch I have a few books in mind that can help you get a conception to launch and feel free to PM me.

But currently like Diego says in Blow "you had the wrong dream."

I mean the above with the utmost respect my man.

Thanks for the encouragement, im more of an idea guy, have no clue on how to go about starting up and am pretty broke and have no plans on proceeding further but if I ever decide to I would love/ probably need to get your advice/help so thanks again for reaching out...

As far as the paraphenalia concept goes, the clean thing, I was just thinking about my drive home from my LHS. I know if i get pulled over with a new or unused piece i most likely will not have any problems as long as i dont have anything illegal with it, but if i was driving around with a dirty piece i qwould definetly have problems regardless of if i have anything illegal or not. Even though my idea would require shipping through state lines, i wasnt really thinking about that, and I think that is where Tommy Chong and other companies have had issues. Also, i think the other problem with tommy chong was that he was openly selling and shipping "bongs" across state lines. I know its just terminology, but im pretty sure a "bong" is always considered paraphenalia whether it is used or not but a "water pipe" is perfectly fine. My idea was for strictly vapes, which like a "water pipe" im assuming is usually only considered paraphenalia depening on the substance being used.

Also, i wasnt thinking about other people not cleaning it thouroughly before they send it, but i would think that it would be more of a problem for the sender and not the recipient? I mean most companies accept used vapes for reapairs and there is alway a disclaimer that if its not cleaned it doesnt even get looked at, and of course if i ever did start this i would include a similar disclaimer as well.

Happy vaping and maybe ill be buying all your unwanted vapes sometime in the future :-) but most likely not lol

hoptimum

So i was just thinking, how awesome would it be if there was a company like gazelle for electronics or something that bought back old/new unwanted vaporizers? Lets get this started!
Isnt that what Craigslist is for? Not to shit on your dreams or anything.

Top Bottom