Never smoked from a bong, and don't like it at all

tdavie

Unconscious Objector
I've only ever smoked joints (weed/tobacco), or just weed, oil or hash in a pipe. That's it. The late last summer, I started reading about vaporizers, found this place, and bought an Iolite (and just tonight bought an Extreme, but that's another story). Well, today, I went to a local head shop (where I bought the Extreme), and my girlfirend bought a 2 ft Gravity Vortex bong. What the hell, I thought; put the 2 litres or so of water in it, primed it properly, and then loaded 0.5 g of herb in the bowl. Fired it up, hit the water exchange, and 'it' smoked the 0.5 g in about 10 seconds. Took off the bowl, hit in, and have never coughed so hard in my life. Now, almost 7 hours later I'm still fucked up. I'd rather ramp up slowly, but such is life.

Tom

[Reading the manual for the Extreme was 'difficult', but it's slowly sinking in]

tdavie,

Konrad_Zuse

Haha well you said you smoked and vaped, so that's adouble high. Bongs are crazy, you need to watch out, because they do hit hard. You need good filtration and such. I would start with less quantities and get used to it.

Btw I didn't even touch the extreme manual, it's not that hard to operate...

Konrad_Zuse,

PerseusStoned

Bongs definitely add a whole new dimension to getting high. I never liked them at first, but I never liked smoking at first. Both will grow on you.

PerseusStoned,

thejudge320

i'm pretty sure those gravity vortex bongs aren't really like most bongs. they just use the water to pull the smoke through. most bongs use the water for filtration which makes it possible to take bigger hits and not die coughing. what you did was just about the same as smoking .5g from a bowl in 1 hit.

thejudge320,

tdavie

Unconscious Objector
thejudge320 said:
i'm pretty sure those gravity vortex bongs aren't really like most bongs. they just use the water to pull the smoke through. most bongs use the water for filtration which makes it possible to take bigger hits and not die coughing. what you did was just about the same as smoking .5g from a bowl in 1 hit.
I think you are 100% right, and then I found it tasted stale almost immediately. Odd.

Someone had asked me, and I am going to try to connect the whip from the Extreme to the Vortex, and see if I can get the Vortex to pull in a large vapor hit from the E. It might not work, but it sounds like an experiment.

Tom

tdavie,

aznfknpride

borosilicate fiend..
I think the pull of the vortex will have to match the fan speed of the E to work well...

Never did like the concept of waterfalls or gravity bongs because of the reason you mentioned, stale smoke. Luckily we wont have that problem with vapors :D

aznfknpride,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
You should have some fun hooking it up Tom.
Ive managed to hook up a gravity bong (Blissett bucket setup) to the Extreme, packed with high grade and set on fan 3. Only time a vapor hit made me pass out. and it wasn't from holding it. Just so damn big and strong, I went down.
Biggest vapor hit I have managed to inhale. The bottle I was using pretty much white walled so bad that I thought I had combusted it. I didn't, just uber thick vapor. Thickest I've seen.
It works quite well.
I think I did that middle of last year and posted about it in the extreme thread.
I actually have not attempted it again since it made me pass out.

however you just did give me a stupid idea. I've recently have had success in vaping oil out of the Extreme, getting some nice big thick hits. I wonder what would happen if I hook that up to the gravity bong? only reason I call it stupid, any ideas I come up with at work I end up being the guinea pig.

DevoTheStrange,
Top Bottom