my idea on a more efficiant vape.

Frickr

well while i was hitting my pd, i was experimenting with preheating the bowl for longer periods of time before i hit it and found i was getting thicker hits right away rather a tastey one with medium vapor then a tastey thick one, i got 3 tastey hits and a few more weaker ones. but after thinking about it for a bit i figured out it had to do alot with the conduction heating.

one thing that not to many vapes have is conduction heating in the same fasion as the pd/mz design, thus leading them to be on the more efficiant side. now if we were to take that design one step further, and build it sort of like a smaller convection oven, you would have alot more air already heated up, and just like a normal oven in your kitchen, if you place something into the heated air it gets cooked evenly.

so if you were to build a small convection oven and have a wandlike bowl that would slide into the middle of the heated air. th outside air would heat up the bowl and the weed evenly, and when the hot air would be drawn over it, it would extract nearly all of the active compounds that would boil off at that temp. so i feel in a design like this a lower temp like 360* would see more vapor than other vaporizers at this temp. also temp control would be easier to control due to the higher amount of air already heated so less themal shock and needing to turn the heat up higher to compensate for the draw.

having a small fan that housed the heating element circulating the heated air would also help the heating the wand to aid in conduction heating. these would probably be about as large as say the hotbox vape. once again this is just my hypothisis.

what do you guys think?

Frickr,

Frickr

it is but it also uses conduction. both of them work together to fully vape the material.

Frickr,
Top Bottom