My first cartridges

waki

Thanks to your many advices I was able to create my first cartridge. I pressed 5g of Moroccan Hash at 176f for 90 sec. and then decarb for 30 min at 220f. The rosin liquefied and then hardened again immediately. Next, I reheated everything to a lower temperature again and put it in the cartridge. However, my cartridge does not shoot well compared to the one you buy. The product inside is very dense and when I shoot you have to heat the pen a lot and it doesn't make as much smoke as the commercial ones. Can anyone help me? In a few hours I will also add pictures of my cartridges.

Haze Mister

Verdant Bloomer
Manufacturer
Commercial cartridges probably contain other shit to liquefy the extract and make bigger clouds? I don't think you wil be able to use your extract in a cartridge without some kind of thinner.
The rosin liquefied and then hardened again immediately.
There are a lot of nice 510 devices for vaping pure rosin for about 50 bucks or less, why waste time with carts? Just get something like the SAI and a little battery powered dab pen for melting the dab into the vape and you'll be enjoying that rosin much more.

Haze Mister,
Reactions: waki

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Intendi qualcosa di simile?

Yeah sai/+ Sequoia there are a lot of options and stuff from Divine tribe

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: waki

badbee

The rosin liquefied and then hardened again immediately.
If it hardens at room temp it's definitely too thick for a cartridge. The right consistency for a cart is material that takes about 30 minutes to flow from top to bottom when turned at room temp and in a couple of minutes at pocket temp. You can buy high quality terpenes to use as a safe organic (potentially) thinner. They aren't cheap but you only use a couple of drops per gram of concentrate.

waki

Se si indurisce a temperatura ambiente è decisamente troppo denso per una cartuccia. La giusta consistenza per un carrello è un materiale che impiega circa 30 minuti a scorrere dall'alto verso il basso quando viene girato a temperatura ambiente e in un paio di minuti a temperatura tascabile. Puoi acquistare terpeni di alta qualità da utilizzare come diluente organico (potenzialmente) sicuro. Non sono economici ma se ne usano solo un paio di gocce per grammo di concentrato.
Yesterday I tried to add 0.5ml of wax liquidizer in 1g of rosin but the taste changes a lot. Now I will also try the terpenes but I don't know if 2 drops will be enough to dilute it

waki,
Reactions: Okla68

badbee

Yesterday I tried to add 0.5ml of wax liquidizer in 1g of rosin but the taste changes a lot. Now I will also try the terpenes but I don't know if 2 drops will be enough to dilute it
Quoting me back in Italian (I presume...) really amuses me. We'll have those universal translator's soon.... Good luck with your project.

badbee,
Congratulations on making your first cartridge! It sounds like you followed the right steps in pressing the hash and decarboxylating the rosin before filling the cartridge. However, the issue you're experiencing with the density and difficulty in vaping could be due to a few factors.
First, the viscosity of the rosin may be too thick for the cartridge you're using. Some cartridges are designed to work better with thicker oils, while others work better with thinner oils. You may need to experiment with different types of cartridges to find one that works well with your particular rosin.
Another possible issue is the temperature at which you're vaping the cartridge. If the temperature is too low, the rosin may not vaporize properly, resulting in a lack of smoke or vapor. Try increasing the temperature slightly to see if that improves the vaping experience.
Finally, it's possible that the rosin itself is not of the highest quality or purity. If the rosin contains impurities or contaminants, it may not vape as well as a higher-quality product. You may want to consider using higher-quality hash or rosin for your next batch to see if that improves the vaping experience.
Overall, it may take some trial and error to find the right combination of hash, rosin, and cartridge to produce a high-quality vape experience. Keep experimenting and adjusting your technique until you find what works best for you. Good luck!

Top Bottom