My dry herb vaporizer (tubo evic) through my bong makes my asthma flare up.. should I be using cannabis in another form?

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Hope you feel better! I’m sure you are taking meds but a steam bowl (with herbs like thyme, rosemary in there) helps me clear some phlegm and breathe more openly.
I have access to a nice dispensary so I might try some concentrates. I just don’t like the whole torch process..

I thought I would not like it, but the torch process is actually easier, all around simple and effective method, although getting something to measure the dump control would be great... Enail has pros and cons, most people here use them I think, there are also e rigs and bottomless banger type setups for quartz bucket type atomizers, put those also feel a little more involved, keeping clean etc. So many fucking options lol

b0

Cloudy...
I thought I would not like it, but the torch process is actually easier, all around simple and effective method, although getting something to measure the dump control would be great... Enail has pros and cons, most people here use them I think, there are also e rigs and bottomless banger type setups for quartz bucket type atomizers, put those also feel a little more involved, keeping clean etc. So many fucking options lol
Yeah, I'm with you here. Love my M22 and/or Carta when out and about, but torch + terpometer is my weapon of choice if I'm at home or going to a club for a sesh.

DougBentley

Yeah, I'm with you here. Love my M22 and/or Carta when out and about, but torch + terpometer is my weapon of choice if I'm at home or going to a club for a sesh.
Any recommendations to get me started for dabs/concentrates? I don’t need anything portable although that carta looks neat.
I’d love something minimal with glass/wood.

DougBentley,
Reactions: b0

Shit Snacks

Any recommendations to get me started for dabs/concentrates? I don’t need anything portable although that carta looks neat.
I’d love something minimal with glass/wood.

If you want something simple people love this one for an all-in-one

Timberhead designs actually makes a wood base for it instead of the silicone too... Check with him directly or email Scott at

Otherwise I think you just want a quartz banger and cap with a klein recycler rig, blusky torch from Amazon, some high quality butane, and a little tool. Should be able to get a kit or something most anywhere the options are really too vast lol

b0

Cloudy...
If you want something simple people love this one for an all-in-one

Timberhead designs actually makes a wood base for it instead of the silicone too... Check with him directly or email Scott at

Otherwise I think you just want a quartz banger and cap with a klein recycler rig, blusky torch from Amazon, some high quality butane, and a little tool. Should be able to get a kit or something most anywhere the options are really too vast lol
I agree again. I haven't personally tried the Rio, but I'm sure it works amazingly well and for cold start dabs it's a perfect small unit. Also cold start dabs are the easiest way to dab with a torch, without needing a temp tool or a timer and with really good flavor as you can enjoy even the first terps without burning them.

EDIT: Do I need a Rio? VAS kicking again lol

Shit Snacks

I agree again. I haven't personally tried the Rio, but I'm sure it works amazingly well and for cold start dabs it's a perfect small unit. Also cold start dabs are the easiest way to dab with a torch, without needing a temp tool or a timer and with really good flavor as you can enjoy even the first terps without burning them.

EDIT: Do I need a Rio? VAS kicking again lol

Haha I have never tried one either, I don't actually like cold start dabs much and never really do them myself, hot start is much simpler for me... I need a terp timer though!

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: b0

b0

Cloudy...
Haha I have never tried one either, I don't actually like cold start dabs much and never really do them myself, hot start is much simpler for me... I need a terp timer though!

I like hot start better too, but sometimes when I'm in a rush or want to try some new live extract terps I do the odd cold start. I just feel like a classic dab gets me a more "complete" high than cold temp, but that could be just me :mental:

Temp tools are the best IMO, maybe not 100% accurate, but when you know at what temp you like it you always get the same experience. Worth every penny. My choice was a terpometer because I also like to use AIN inserts and it's the perfect combo, but you can use a decent temp gun easily and they're cheaper (even tho not as accurate, but close enough for the price)

VegNVape

Increase the Peace
Company Rep
Thanks for this. I had never thought of this but maybe you are on to something.. I’m not sure the difference between session vapes and not session vapes. But I think my problems arise because I take prob 20-30 hits of hot vapor per bowl before it’s cashed. My throat is tired and lungs feel tight after a sesh. Higher heat I need less hits but it makes me cough more.

what vape do you use currently? And is there a way to not make mine a session vape?

No worries, good sir - you are most welcome.

If you are taking in the region of twenty to thirty hits to cache a single bowl I would think this could certainly be a factor worth some consideration. Back when I was sessioning using my Extreme Q I think I was probably taking around ten, maybe fifteen draws at most, to finish a bowl & that was definitely causing me issues.

As I mentioned in my previous post, these days I take one, two or maybe three hits to cache a load, and that gets me to where I want to be quite happily. This is mostly done using the VapeXhale Cloud Evo, otherwise it'll still be my Sublimator. Both of these are very powerful desktop/plug-in devices which pair with bubblers extremely well.

I think it's unlikely the Tubo Evic could be used as a one/two hit full extraction device, but having no knowledge of that particular vaporizer I would not be able to say with any certainty - it'd be best to check that information, with those in the know, in it's dedicated thread.

Once again, best of luck to you - I really hope you find a suitable solution.

:peace:

Last edited:
VegNVape,

Shit Snacks

I think it's unlikely the Tubo Evic could be used as a one/two hit full extraction device, but having no knowledge of that particular vaporizer I would not be able to say with any certainty - it'd be best to check that information, with those in the know, in it's dedicated thread.

Yeah my dude, it absolutely can do one hit full extraction, with basket loads, easier in the tetra though of course :tup:

VegNVape

Increase the Peace
Company Rep
Ah there we go - @Shit Snacks droppin gems :tup: That's good to know. As I say, I have absolutely no knowledge or experience of that particular range of vapes.

Maybe you could give the OP some tips & advice on how to achieve this with his Tubo?

And that's just one reason why FC rocks.

Nice one, brother.

:peace:

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Yeah I may have lost sight of the question exactly, but I just loaded the basket screen at the edge of a male WPA and cruise the tetra at 435 or 445 to take a big rip through water, I remove the tetra to clear the hit as if it was a lighter on a bowl... Easy one hitter extraction this way! Yeah taking 20 to 30 hits off one bowl, especially dry, sounds awful, no wonder your asthma is aggravated! @DougBentley

DougBentley

Yeah I may have lost sight of the question exactly, but I just loaded the basket screen at the edge of a male WPA and cruise the tetra at 435 or 445 to take a big rip through water, I remove the tetra to clear the hit as if it was a lighter on a bowl... Easy one hitter extraction this way! Yeah taking 20 to 30 hits off one bowl, especially dry, sounds awful, no wonder your asthma is aggravated! @DougBentley
Lol right?? Also my Tubo gets SO hot I almost can’t touch it after 2 sessions.. if I turn the heat up then I cough a lot. If I turn the heat low then I need to take 20 hits to clear it.. maybe I need a new vape. I’m trying to find the balance of hot enough so i don’t have to hit it so hard and also not too hot so it doesn’t trigger my asthma.

Shit Snacks

Lol right?? Also my Tubo gets SO hot I almost can’t touch it after 2 sessions.. if I turn the heat up then I cough a lot. If I turn the heat low then I need to take 20 hits to clear it.. maybe I need a new vape. I’m trying to find the balance of hot enough so i don’t have to hit it so hard and also not too hot so it doesn’t trigger my asthma.

Yeah so I think this is where the tetra really does come in as a good improvement, it has four glass rods and spiral coils instead of just three, more even extraction, larger heater mask, more effective at lower temps and higher temps, faster in general and just more capable... Yeah I think you could send it for the upgrade, but the P80 is also better than the evic for me I think...

Anyway yeah especially using dry I feel like this would be harsher, the way you rip it, at any temp really, not ideal unless you can really compensate with the vapor path but even through water it can still be harsh as you see for you? And maybe worth looking into something else now, there are so many options, but yeah I feel like dabbing would be best because you avoid any possible herbal particulate??? You can do convection dabbing but I don't know I think traditional style would be better for you probably

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: dimmusp

wobbleaf

I switched from smoking to dry herb vaping about 5 years ago and I thought for a while I was feeling better, even though vaping still made my chest feel tight.

I went through so many different vaporizers until I found one that I liked and could get decent cloudy hits from (Swedish company- Tubo Evic). I have it hooked up through my bong.

I tried edibles but I miss the oral fixation and just the time to sit and vape/smoke and think. Also edibles make me feel groggy and hungover the next day? Not sure why. I miss vaping… besides my lungs feeling wrecked.

I’m wondering if I should be vaporizing THC in another form (rosin, oil, etc)? I’ve tried vape pens and those irritate the fuck out of my lungs and throat. No good. Even through water… is there another dry herb vaporizer to try? Or a specific water attachment?

Open to any advice before I take a break all together. I have a medical card and access to good stuff. Thanks.
Vaping often aggravates my asthma as well. Something I've noticed helps a lot is taking no longer than slow/medium 4 second hits, filing the rest of your lungs up with oxygen, then exhaling completely. Two or three deep breaths (w/ full exhales) between hits.

wobbleaf,
Reactions: shredder
Top Bottom