Modified Table tops vs Ball Vapes

Cdwhit

I see that some of the desktop vapes like Vapor Brothers 1.5, or the Da Buddha Have been modified with rubies, and are being called “ball vapes”. Are they comparable in performance? The hits from the ball vapes look great, but between pets and my clutziness I really don’t want a bunch of hot pieces I have to move around, but something like a VB or DaBuddha, would fit on my table and I would just be handling a cool whip.

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
I see that some of the desktop vapes like Vapor Brothers 1.5, or the Da Buddha Have been modified with rubies, and are being called “ball vapes”. Are they comparable in performance? The hits from the ball vapes look great, but between pets and my clutziness I really don’t want a bunch of hot pieces I have to move around, but something like a VB or DaBuddha, would fit on my table and I would just be handling a cool whip.
I can't speak to the more "traditional" ball vapes with exposed coils and PIDs but I recently bought an upgraded DaBuddha with rubies and I couldn't be happier. With around 330 rubies it's got a huge heat reservoir and I've never been able to overpower it, alone or with friends.

I think it's a great option for safety and convenience. There's only one analog dial, it tastes great and you can load and hit it very quickly. I leave mine on all day as it takes very little power.

badbee

One advantage of PID vapes is that they are "constant temperature" where the modified desktops are "constant power". With PID control the power goes up as you hit because it is trying to maintain temperature. They return to temp faster. Constant power vapes don't ramp up the power and can take a minute or two to recover. Typically you don't notice that recovery time, but it is a factor.

My ruby ball modded Silver Surfer can certainly hit hard but I don't have a PID vape to compare it to. I still mostly use my TinyMight as it hits as hard as the SSV and is more efficient (more effects from a smaller load).

If you want an elegant and innocent looking desktop look into the Ditanium.

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
You'll find some folks who have both (like @coolbreeze ) but I think they serve different audiences. I have no interest in using whips. I like having the ability to use all my glass. I prefer the customizability and flexibility of ball vapes. And they are just more powerful.

I do love log vapes. They have a lot of the same advantages as ball vapes but in a less annoying (in my opinion) package than the old style whip vapes.

Top Bottom