Mighty Vape - Wheezing/Tightness

paulws88

Hi Mighty Owners,

Hoping to get some help here.

I've been using my mighty for about 7 months and I noticed some nights when I vape for some reason my chest gets super tight, my breathing is a wheezy/shallow and overall just unpleasant feeling. I don't know if this is from the heat from the mighty irritating my lungs. I vape on 180-190 C for each bowl. This doesn't happen every night but it's starting to be more common.

I would love any advice or any tricks that people use to prevent this as I get worried I'm doing damage to my lungs.

BestBuds

The Dude
Hi Mighty Owners,

I've been using my mighty for about 7 months and I noticed some nights when I vape for some reason my chest gets super tight, my breathing is a wheezy/shallow and overall just unpleasant feeling. I don't know if this is from the heat from the mighty irritating my lungs. I vape on 180-190 C for each bowl. This doesn't happen every night but it's starting to be more common.

I would love any advice or any tricks that people use to prevent this as I get worried I'm doing damage to my lungs.
Take a look at your bud too. If you've been fine with the vape this entire time then all of a sudden have problems it could also be your bud. Is it tested? Dispensary? No mold? No mites? Ask your doc about it too if you're in a legal state. I have been on hot water bongs more than once on doctors advice. lol

BestBuds,
Reactions: GetLeft

shredder

Hi Mighty Owners,

I get like that, mine is from asthma. It comes and goes, but more so this time of year for some reason. I'm also more likely to catch a cold or get a sinus infection this time of year.

When it gets bad enough to bother me I vape less, and eat more medibles. Something im trying to do more of anyway. When I do vape its usually concentrates at low temps and mostly with water.

If you can, try lower temps, and use a water pipe. Or do like I do. Hopefully for you its just temporary.

shredder,
Reactions: GetLeft

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
If its not the weed, and you end up covering all the other variables and they dont help, make sure you listen to what your lungs are telling you and give them a break.

Personally, I have to use lower temps and be careful of my consumption or I start not being able to breathe after x amount of time.

If your lungs are trying to tell you something, pay attention :)

Polarbearboy

Tokin' Away Since 1968
Last night for the first time ever I tried shatter in my new pen-type vape. While I got really rocked, I was wheezing and having shortness of breath all night. Sometimes when that happens I can't sleep, which is awful. But last night at least I got some sleep. Every time I woke up, I wondered if I'd have to take an involuntary break from my beloved vaping...just as I've gotten the best weed and concentrates ever. Your problem is not related to that vape--Mighty being among if not the easiest vape on one's lungs and throat-- and probably not related to what you're putting in the bowl--it can happen with any vape and any cannabis product for those of us with sensitive lungs/throat.

Like emmdeemo above, I've been on a search for 3 1/2 months for ways of getting high that don't irritate my old former smoker's lungs. Even talked to my doctor about it. Lower temps is the #1 thing. Shorter smaller tokes, not ending with a big inhale, is #2. Using a bubbler is #3. Not ramping up temps even to finish a load is #4. If you look at your Mighty manual, S-B says to be gentle to yourself--this is hard to do for those of us who love to get really rocked. If breathing or throat issues persist, you probably need to take a break from putting anything into your lungs.

GetLeft

I had a hell of a time with my lungs for a few fall/winter months and was worried I'd have to stop vaping. As bad as it got I never stopped which is a whole other topic... Sparing everyone the details of my lung issues, it was determined I have asthma (had it a bit as a kid but have not had symptoms since late teens / early twenties). I was put on drugs and got better pretty quickly. What a relief! I continue on a couple of light meds and am maintaining my good old fashioned lung health so far. But I no longer use my on demand convection vapes (e-nano, milaana 2) without water (in the case of the enano) or a difusing stem (milaana). I gave up using my nomad entirely since I didn't come across a convenient difuser for it (specialized/lengthened stems don't do the trick for me). Curiously, I weave in my Fury 2 og style ocassionally with no ill effects (I tend not to get dense hot vapor from it). Anyway, see a pulmonologist if you can. Your issues may have next to nothing to do with your vaping. Mine apparently didn't.

Top Bottom