Mighty still tastes like iso after cleaning several times with water and running it

Mookie0608

my mightys air flow has been a little off well seems like I had to really suck the vapor in and fast to get high and get nice vapor. Took the top cooling unit off soaked in iso 70% for about 5 minutes heated it up in max temp for 10 minutes then did it again a few hours later letting it run still tasted awful. Turned me off so didn’t want to use it anymore and I’m so turned off by my pax so I have not been vaping. I rinsed it in water 3 times today and once tonight and ran it in 410 3 more times today 10 minutes each and I’m still getting a slight iso taste or maybe it’s the nasty smell, and I figured cleaning the unit would have killed off that nasty residue smell but it didn’t one bit.

I’m not trying to mess with iso. I hear it can make u so messed up even if u inhale it and allerently it’s a goto for suicide or alcoholics.

The top cooling units seem like they’re cheap enough so I might just keep throwing them out and replacing them every few months.

I’m not looking back and I miss the mighty. My pax can’t compare to it.

Just don’t recall having to pull hard and fast to get the clods I used to get. So that’s why I decided to clean it since it was a little gunked up. I use the dosing capsules and I’ll use it several times a day.

Mookie0608,

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
You did take the cooling unit apart to clean it, o-rings and all, right?
You just didn't soak it fully assembled and hope it was clean, did you?

Ramahs,

Mookie0608

Crap I didn’t touch the orings but I did change the screen.

I soaked it for maybe 5-10 minutes and scrubbed with the cleaning brush that came with my pax. The ones that look like handgun cleaners. And wiped with q-tips.

I disconnected the cooling unit from the other part that you can pull off. Maybe I did it wrong. I was kind of rushing and it was late last night when I did it.

I just took it apart again there’s only 2 orings on the cu. the long one and a smaller then the mouthpiece has a tiny one.

Last edited:
Mookie0608,

Grey hair

Flop shot guru
Try taking some ABV or shake and run a cycle with it. Sounds like you haven't used fresh flower yet.
Anyway, good luck. My mighty will always be in the line up. Don't give up on it quite yet.

Grey hair,

Mookie0608

Just tried it ran it for about 5 minutes still has a funky smell and slightly different taste to it but might finally be going back to normal. Hard to tell because tried a quick bull and didn’t taste anything close to sweetness and my purple urkle has a sweet kind of berry taste.

Last edited:
Mookie0608,

HughJundys

Waistband Optimizer
Staff member
I take my cooling units apart so you have two pieces, top and bottom. I sometimes take off my o-rings but many times I don't.
I use warm iso. Not hot, warm. You could put the pieces is a ziploc bag with the iso. Put the bag in a pot or cup of hot water - hot from the tap is good enough. ISO warms up quickly. When it is warm it becomes super charged, cleans so much better and faster than room temp. Give the ziploc bag a good shake or two.
The next step seems to do the trick for me. First I rinse the pieces. Next I fill the sink with some nice hot soapy water and drop them in. I let them enjoy their little spa for about 5 minutes, shake them vigorously under the water for a moment, then rinse, and let dry.

looney2nz

Research Geek, Mad Scientist
i
I take my cooling units apart so you have two pieces, top and bottom. I sometimes take off my o-rings but many times I don't.
I use warm iso. Not hot, warm. You could put the pieces is a ziploc bag with the iso. Put the bag in a pot or cup of hot water - hot from the tap is good enough. ISO warms up quickly. When it is warm it becomes super charged, cleans so much better and faster than room temp. Give the ziploc bag a good shake or two.
The next step seems to do the trick for me. First I rinse the pieces. Next I fill the sink with some nice hot soapy water and drop them in. I let them enjoy their little spa for about 5 minutes, shake them vigorously under the water for a moment, then rinse, and let dry.

You can also throw some table salt in with the iso.

I don't have a Mighty, how do you clean the atomizer itself? not just built up reclaim from the air path.

HughJundys

Waistband Optimizer
Staff member
i

You can also throw some table salt in with the iso.

I don't have a Mighty, how do you clean the atomizer itself? not just built up reclaim from the air path.

Someone else will have to answer this for a Mighty that gets a dirty oven. I've had my Mighty since February of this year. The cooling unit and the lids of Mighty capsules are typically the only thing I have to clean. I've wiped the oven with an iso towelette every once in a while. My oven doesn't get very dirty.

HughJundys,

MGG

When you say you've changed the screens, is that including the one you put into the mighty unit itself (not just the cooling unit, the one in the heating chamber) both will get gunked over time and you'll find even the mouth piece itself will have to be detached from the cooling unit and cleaned separately

MGG,

Mookie0608

No just the one in the cooling unit. The bottom in the bowl I left because it’s not dirty. I use the dosing capsules and throw them right in. All though they only hold about .013 grams whe using the filling tray the tool doesn’t pack very tight. That’s the only thing I liked about the pax big bowl area and easy to fill and unload

Mookie0608,

cloudsosmoke

Have you been using it upside down?

The air intake can get gunked up restricting draw
It starts underneath the gap at bottom of fins

I think ppl heat and then blow it out with compressed air

cloudsosmoke,
Reactions: looney2nz

Mookie0608

No I keep it upright I soaked it in warm water and soap then scrubbed it again seems to be pretty much back to normal. Was hoping I could get rid of the funky smell just from vaping but it’s so strong I guess it’s hard to get rid of because that does have a slight taste to it as well. The soapy water seemed to get rid of some of the odor but not a lot. And there is no resin or anything left behind or at least the gobs if gunky stuff was wiped clean.

Mookie0608,

cloudsosmoke

Sorry I meant the air intake on the main body of the mighty not the cooling unit

..If it’s been used a lot upside-down on a bubbler
the rising vapor can end up coating the inside of intake

cloudsosmoke,

Mookie0608

so now I’m wondering if this thing is having an issue. I think it’s combusting opened the chamber was not on long and it’s dark dark brown set on 385. the chamber before that was literally blackish mixed with dark brown. That one was 410 though. It’s been making a noise too as it heats up for the past few weeks now just assumed it was seeds popping or something or stems

Last edited:
Mookie0608,

MGG

Are you sure you relocked the cooling unit? I always forget to do that and end up realizing once i start trying to hit it. If the cooling unit is not locked properly it won't be air tight.

MGG,

Mookie0608

Yea, it’s locked and tight.

I’m going to change out al the orings and see if it help.

All the orings are changed out and new screens as well not the tightest fit so guess they were not stretched out after all they fit kind of lose.

After all that still not much of a difference. There’s still just a funky taste going on. Kind of dumb because I don’t really want to wait 2 days for shipping and can’t buy the accessories locally unless I buy a whole new unit. All though I’m half tempted to and just pick up a crafty for back up I don’t want to have to rely on my pax. Actually the taste I’m getting kind of resembles the pax and the odor in a very feint way.

Actually want to throw it in there to all the new orings seemed to absorb that nasty odor so st this point I’m wondering if a new cooling unit would be best because I can’t pinpoint what seems to be going on with it other then it seemed to drop in vapor production unless I really sucked it in after it started making a weird noise and now cleaning it just seems to made things worse.

Last edited:
Mookie0608,

NOVACOTTON

so what i do when i clean my mighty is i soak it in iso for about 10 minutes add salt and shake it around for another 2 minutes
then i rinse it out with cold water once i do that i get kinda hot water and swish it around that usually removes any remaining oil infused with alcohol that will probably remain! the temperature is usually from the water cooler that has the heat option! not really boiling... and i use a tiny laundry detergent container to shake the parts and the hot water around if i do not add the hot water it will taste exactly how you are describing the screen the top the stem everything even the oring hope this helps and hope im not really doing anything stupid here...

NOVACOTTON,

Mookie0608

Not sure but It’s some what back to normal except for the occasional noise on hotter temperatures and snb wants me to send it in but now that it’s working fine and after someone locally saying it’s probably just the stems popping if nothing is wrong with it then I don’t really want to send it in and be without it for up to a month

Mookie0608,

NOVACOTTON

Not sure but It’s some what back to normal except for the occasional noise on hotter temperatures and snb wants me to send it in but now that it’s working fine and after someone locally saying it’s probably just the stems popping if nothing is wrong with it then I don’t really want to send it in and be without it for up to a month

look i get it man you don't have to tell me that cause i get it! but i really would suggest getting a substitute vape like the dyna vap and then send you mighty in while its good with warranty you will regret it down the line things just get worse!!

NOVACOTTON,
Reactions: looney2nz
Top Bottom