MCT Oil in Magical Butter Machine/Nebula Chef

trevytrev

Happy little clouds
I usually make coconut oil in my Nebula Chef (similar to a MB) but this time I want to make a sublingual tincture with MCT oil. I've got a couple of ounces of AVB, I'll probably just do 1oz so firstly how much MCT should I use for that. Secondly, should I use the oil setting or the tincture setting on the machine? My instinct is to just use the regular oil setting (approx 2 hours) but wondering if anyone has done this and can advise? Also, should I use lecithin for MCT oil tinctures or no need?

shredder

Your plan would work, but for it to be potent, I would divide the abv in two and use the same oil on each. And yes lecithin.

And the bad news is the taste will pretty much suck, lol.

Consider coconut oil, lecithin and put it in capsules. No taste in these.

trevytrev

Happy little clouds
Your plan would work, but for it to be potent, I would divide the abv in two and use the same oil on each. And yes lecithin.

And the bad news is the taste will pretty much suck, lol.

Consider coconut oil, lecithin and put it in capsules. No taste in these.
Thanks for the reply!

I'm impatient so I just went for it yesterday as had finished work, so I put 30g in 500ml of MCT in the machine for 2 hours on the oil setting, I didn't use lecithin in the end as some recipes for MCT I read said no need. I've got about 300ml of 'tincture' now, so will just have to try it out when I get a chance!

trevytrev,
Reactions: Cheebsy
Top Bottom