Marc Emery locked up in solitary confinement since June 3rd

tdavie

Unconscious Objector
Marc Emery has been locked up in solitary confinement since June 3rd because a phone conversation he made to outside of the prison (legally, to his wife) was recorded for future external broadcast. Indefinitely. And of course the rules prohibiting this were not mentioned to him.

Just a heads up for anyone who is not aware. And this is for selling seeds.

Tom

(Fuck, this really blows. For selling seeds??)

tdavie,

mattybass

Quasi-Intellectual
Are you fucking kidding me? Solitary confinement? Man, he's taking punishment on behalf of all the pot users out there.

mattybass,

bcleez

Awful, didn't we learn anything from the joke that was prohibition?

He is in for a LONG t-break.

bcleez,

Beezleb

I think I saw before that they have had problems with gangs doing things like that. I think thats why they have the rules. He should of been explaining what he was wanting to do with the prison officials. I really dont see him being treated different than other prisoners. They are aggressive in their discipline.

Beezleb,

Derf

What kind of fucked up world is this?

Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) is placed on Schedule 1 list of illegal drugs in 1914 under claims that it is responsible for violence of Negroes and Phillipinos against women. In reality it was not, but hemp fibers (for rope, etc) was out competing Dupont's new synthetic fiber Nylon, and the lawmakers had lots of stock in Dupont. So it was basically about controlling the competition to make money.

Seeds have no THC in them. There is no active ingredient. Technically they haven't produced any THC because that is created during the flowering stage of the plant's life cycle. But this doesn't even seem to matter because...

He was in CANADA when he was selling the seeds. Canadian law should apply, not even US law, since his business is in Canada. How the courts managed to rule that the destination on an envelope constitutes doing business in that area is amazing. Actually, it was just that Canada is too pussy to actually charge him, so they requested the US handle the issue and the US should criminally charge Marc.

So he's blackmailed basically by also charging his two best friends in the business, forcing him to cop a plea. So he's sentenced to 5 years in prison, with no chance of early parole in a plea bargain against the extradition to the US courts, and the dude doesn't even have one victim accusing him, and he's been paying taxes on his business for years. And the Candian Justice Minister just lets this happen.

Then, when his wife records his phone conversation, and he is put in solitary confinement? WTF? This is how we treat the most dangerous and violent criminal. And you're telling me Johnny Appleseed gets a song named after him, and Marc Emery is detained and isolated?

This bullshit has to stop.

Derf,

Beezleb

When in the pit, the pits rules trump all.

I believe in not allowing things like that as real bad people in the world that are locked up have been able to communicate by doing such things. Perhaps, and even then I doubt it would have been allowed but if he worked with the prison system he may of been able to get permission but I dont think they would agree to such things.

In prison, its not about fair, its about control.

Beezleb,

tdavie

Unconscious Objector
The hope is that he will be allowed to serve his time in a Canadian prison. And then, once back in Canada it should only be one year until he gets released. Maybe much sooner considering that there is the reek of a federal election in the wind, and members of all political parties in Canada (Conservates, Liberals, NDP, Green and Bloc Quebecois) are pressuring the government.

Plus fall voter initiatives in California, Washington (state), and Detroit could change the political landscape.

Tom

tdavie,

Raf007

Retailer
will vape for him tonight.
He is one of the people who plays a big part in the world legalization process.

Raf007,
Top Bottom