male 19/22 vs 19/26

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Hello guys ! I am well aware what those number mean and that the one is 4mm shorter than the other ,but i dont know what is the difference in the OD/ID of the narrow end of the joint . Can someone who has 19/22 ,for example a milaana stem measure the OD/ID for me ?
Conical_Joint_Sizes.JPG

EDITED:
Ok.. guess i didnt enter the right parameters in my google searches.
19/22 Glassware is a taper ground joint standard used in laboratory glass. The 19/22 glassware is made of borosilcate glass and is manufactured according to ASTM E676. 19/22 has a 19mm diameter and 22mm tapering joint length. The small end of the taper is 16.6mm in diameter and the diameter a the top end of the taper is 18.8mm.

So it appears that the difference in the tip diameter is just 0.4mm ? It still would be nice if someone can confirm with measurements,online date can varies. .
Never the less i consider now the 19/22 better choice for a bowl than the 19/26 cause it has straighter airflow.

Last edited:
Abysmal Vapor,

cannabis.pro

aka 420EDC
Accessory Maker
There is no standard for the inside diameter of the joint. This has created issues for using screens of a set specification in deployment into an area that lacks any specification.

Sometimes they work, sometimes they don't, sometimes you need a lot of force to get something to work and can offset the the layout of the screen from sitting symmetrically in the joint and sometimes nothing works.

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Thx ! I actually found an old Arizer elbow and i measure 22mm long so it is 19/22 . Measured 0.5 mm difference.. now at a second thought its role is a bit unimportant as far as airflow goes, i tested and detected zero difference in performance. :).
Yes ID is variable due to various glass thickness used in gongs.

Abysmal Vapor,
Reactions: KidFated.
Top Bottom