Making Non-Solvent Oil for Dabbing

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
So, I have lately bought some DI units to dab the bubble hash we have been producing. Works well enough and is really clean. But, after going to our new dispensary and trying some actual BHO, I have to say our stuff isn't that great!

Now, I am not going over the dark side or anything, but I have found a great use for oil at night, right before bed. It allows me to sleep without back pain better than anything. I am using an Afgoo with a 4% CBD level and THC in the high 50s. Problem is, it costs me $60 per gram.

I once tried making BHO and failed. Didn't get anything and what I did get was nasty. I didn't even try it. So, I don't want to mess with butane. I know there are many other ways, such as the bubble bag stuff we produce and QWISO.

My question is, what are some good methods for making the clear, honey oil type stuff? Is QWISO the only other method? Do I need more bags with different micron sizes? Please share is you have ever made BHO grade oil without solvents. Maybe there isn't a way, I just don't know.

Tstat,
Reactions: Roger D

StickyShisha2

i think you need a solvent
from bubble, I dissolve it it EverClear in a small jar. Then put it in the freezer for a few hours before filtering it into a glass pie dish. i then would use a hair drier to speed up the evaporation. Razor scrape and done.

Once you see the thick layer of white waxes left behind on the filter, you'll be convinced.

green2brown

The equipment needed for supercritical fluid C02 extraction costs in the 10s of 1000s for a decent setup. The collective I get my C02 concentrates from invested over $50k in a good setup. The best option IMO is grain alcohol, like StickyShisha stated above. In fact, the best concentrates I've ever had (in both potency and flavor) have all been made with Everclear. I know the collective I get my Everclear extracts from say they flush their top shelf flowers in similar fashion to how BHO is made. Similar method, safer solvent, purest end result.

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
Can someone explain the recipe for this, or point me to a website? I'd love to use Everclear...

Tstat,

Buildozer

Baked & Fried
just like a normal QWISO extract, but w/ Everclear instead of ISO.. and set it in the freezer over night so the waxes can separate and harden.. then strain it, and evaporate.

i like Bongrip's QWISO method... i posted about it a little while back. use Everclear instead, then winterize(freezer), strain and evaporate.

i have never used Everclear.. but i assume it's no different than using ISO.

Buildozer,

toros23

Can someone explain the recipe for this, or point me to a website? I'd love to use Everclear...

Try searching for QWET. Some good posts on the icmag.com site. Here is a link to get you started:

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=200660

That thread might be a bit advanced but there is lots of good info spread throughout that site for different types of extractions.

aesthyrian

Blaaaaah
You need to talk to Nikka T at Essential Extracts. The things he does with water hash are quite incredible, and he is pretty open with sharing his methods. You can find interviews with him on JohnDoeRadio.com where he explains his process. Of course you won't have access to a walk in freezer to control the temp, but there are many variable that he has explored and found out what effect they will have on the final product. I have dabbed his solventless wax many times and it compared to all the BHO that was the the Cannabis Cup this last April. Here is something new he has been working on that I guess he is calling "Solventless dunk'N Dot Grease" I can't believe that is made from water.http://instagram.com/p/Y_fA8fpBtf/#

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
I forgot about this guy. It's just what I am looking for, thanks!

Tstat,
Top Bottom