low rosin press yields on extractor cut?

drgreen

i follow low temp advice with a 4gram disk flower compressed, up to 2000psi by 3 min at 80c, and release, i am getting 10%-15% yields on strains that are that oily i can squeeze dabs on my fingers from the buds,
there dry as... and stil sticky snap dry and still sticky when u press in ya fingers,instagram photoshop looking mofos, more crystals than the floor at the hilton, more bling than a rappers dentist! after trim it looked like i had dry shaked hash allover and scizor hash normaly i clean the scisors every 1-2 oz, i have to clean them every 5 gram or so atm i have a ball of it like a golf ball!! but i can press it on a press??
i press 4g and get 0.3-4g max while standard strains peep press seem to get 0.6 as a avg these strains should be pushing MORE!!! what am i doing wrong (first time pressing btw ) 12 ton press and dulytek cage plates, calculator says 2000psi over a 1x1 puck is 1ton, so i dont exceed that , i get terpy rosin but dang i pressed 4gram x 9 and 8g x 1 and still same results and i have 4 cultivars, i tested sticky day 6 and tested dry day 12, dont wana press more and waste it,

drgreen,
Reactions: Cheebsy

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
It takes a bit of practice. Get the humidity to about 62%, jar what you plan to press with a hygrometer, if it's too dry, add some moisture, and give the jar a day or two to fully stabilise. Go slow, give the puck plenty of time to preheat between the plates with a tiny bit of pressure before you start to squeeze, then just slow down as much as you can bear while the timer is ticking.

It took me a number of months to dial in my technique. I also stopped pressing for a while as I wasn't getting the results I needed. If you have access to popcorn buds, I suggest practicing with those trying to beat your previous best as that will give you more experience without risking top shelf buds.

I'm not sure you can trust an online calculator.

You have a guage right? If so, that's reading the internal pressure. The area that's used in that calculation is the area of the face of the piston in the press. If your puck is twice the area of the piston then halving the guage reading is correct. If your puck is the same area as the piston then the guage is accurate for pressure at the puck.

Hope that helps a little.

Cheebsy,
Reactions: drgreen

drgreen

It takes a bit of practice. Get the humidity to about 62%, jar what you plan to press with a hygrometer, if it's too dry, add some moisture, and give the jar a day or two to fully stabilise. Go slow, give the puck plenty of time to preheat between the plates with a tiny bit of pressure before you start to squeeze, then just slow down as much as you can bear while the timer is ticking.

It took me a number of months to dial in my technique. I also stopped pressing for a while as I wasn't getting the results I needed. If you have access to popcorn buds, I suggest practicing with those trying to beat your previous best as that will give you more experience without risking top shelf buds.

I'm not sure you can trust an online calculator.

You have a guage right? If so, that's reading the internal pressure. The area that's used in that calculation is the area of the face of the piston in the press. If your puck is twice the area of the piston then halving the guage reading is correct. If your puck is the same area as the piston then the guage is accurate for pressure at the puck.

Hope that helps a little.
yeah i got a gauge thats in tons up to 12, so i did the platen calculator, based on 1x1 inch puck and 2000psi as max is 1 ton apparently

drgreen,
Reactions: Cheebsy
Top Bottom