Looking for someone who knows their stuff on German roor bongs. Hep needed to find out value.

Demonic chronic

Chronic Connoisseur. Butane power✊🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🇺🇦
Hey all, I’m looking for someone who knows their stuff about german roors, i have a roor lil sista green goblin with matching ash catcher, double diffusers and a whole bunch of accessories, asking as I tried posting asking what people think it’s worth in the ask fc thread but the mods told me it’s against the rules, but said I could do this to find an “expert” in glass, and then I can pm them or they can get in touch with me and try an get a value that way. Just trying to play by the rules. Thanks :peace:.

Last edited:
Demonic chronic,

MoltenTiger

Not the easiest thing to value, the hard part I guess is finding a market to sell it for the right price.

It's an expensive and quality set up. If it's immaculate you can probably seek the retail value of 350-500+ USD for the set.

If it is less desirable or marked/damaged in some way, scratches, water marks, chips or whatever, then it would fairly be worth some proportion less than the retail cost.

If there is interest in the piece and they are hard to find, it could be worth more than what you paid.

What you paid ultimately sets the bar for what it is worth, and you will want to find a price where you're happy to part with it and someone is happy to buy at.

For a rig like that, I think other market places will fetch more interest and better prices compared to the classifieds listings here. It is more reasonably a combustion set up after all.

There are options on reddit like entexchange, but mostly instagram and facebook handles second-hand sales.
I've also just discovered the app GlassGrab, could be worth a look

Demonic chronic

Chronic Connoisseur. Butane power✊🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🇺🇦
Not the easiest thing to value, the hard part I guess is finding a market to sell it for the right price.

It's an expensive and quality set up. If it's immaculate you can probably seek the retail value of 350-500+ USD for the set.

If it is less desirable or marked/damaged in some way, scratches, water marks, chips or whatever, then it would fairly be worth some proportion less than the retail cost.

If there is interest in the piece and they are hard to find, it could be worth more than what you paid.

What you paid ultimately sets the bar for what it is worth, and you will want to find a price where you're happy to part with it and someone is happy to buy at.

For a rig like that, I think other market places will fetch more interest and better prices compared to the classifieds listings here. It is more reasonably a combustion set up after all.

There are options on reddit like entexchange, but mostly instagram and facebook handles second-hand sales.
I've also just discovered the app GlassGrab, could be worth a look
Thanks for the reply bud, do you mind if I pm you a pic or 2 to see if you can help?. Also glassgrab is usa it seems and I’m in uk unfortunately.

Last edited:
Demonic chronic,

MoltenTiger

Thanks for the reply bud, do you mind if I pm you a pic or 2 to see if you can help?. Also glassgrab is usa it seems and I’m in uk unfortunately.
Yeah go for it. You could upload some pics here to get more eyes on it too.

The US will have the bigger audience for something like this, depending on exchange rates it might be worth considering international shipping but it will be a cost you might have to mostly cover.

With a brand name piece and known design there would be someone interested out there, somewhere. US collectors might be as it is a foreign Roor matching set (Roor have US production too, can't remember the details but some blowers/sources are favoured over others).

It gets tricky, I've got a nice heady I never use but have held onto because of the bother of selling, made by a smaller name and being in Tas it makes it trickier even still.

I definitely don't view glass as an investment, you have to be heavily enticed to part with the funds required to get something nice. It's hard to find someone with similar taste who is also ready to spend for it. And it's hard to part with something valuable for small change, which is sometimes all that's offered.

MoltenTiger,
Top Bottom