Looking for really cheap vape

Status
Not open for further replies.

lwien

Stay FAR away from the cheap Chinese knock-off electric vapes.

The VaporGenie would be a very good choice at under 60 bucks.

lwien,

dadesign

I agree those deals on ebay are only as good as a month or so then you want something better anyhow. they notoriously suck. I looked at that link and it is the very same one I have. I mean it works but not well. the temp is iffy most of the time.

after doing reading it sounds like the vapor genie will require just as a much learning curve as this cheap one (wont even go into the harmful chems issue) so put in an extra five bucks and buy the VG on the suggestion box (well mine had it witha bunch of others..along with a pair of thong panties WTF:o)

my next vape (after I get my MZ this week hopefully) will be the Vg based on advice from this guy above right here...something to give me couchlock and a good night sleep off the ABV.

dadesign,

max

Out to lunch
Get the Genie. Unlike the cheap, no warranty boxes, it's safer and there's nothing to go wrong with it. You'll probably want to upgrade one of these days, and with the Genie, you'll still have a working 1st vape when you do. ;)

max,

Purple-Days

More reliable I can see. The Genie seems a great choice.
How is it safer, Max?
Please amplify.

Purple-Days,

max

Out to lunch
Maybe all the materials used in the Chinese boxes are safe. :/ But some companies over there have repeatedly demonstrated that they don't mind using poisons like lead paint (toys) and melamine (pet food and milk). Now it's drywall.

Greg Alspaugh, owner of Coral Plastering & Wall Systems, said the Chinese drywall that came into this market three to four years ago often was of poor quality. "Most of it was really brittle. By the time the company delivered it and you put it on a wall, you had pieces on the floor."

The drywall is made of gypsum, which contains sulfur. The sulfur is typically filtered out, but the filler may have been placed back into the drywall. Homeowners and air quality control experts say the drywall emits several sulfur compounds, including sulfur dioxide or hydrogen sulfide. This destroys air-conditioner coils and copper, causing corrosion and/or failure of the systems, which causes them to require to replaced repeatedly and an increased risk of electrical fire. Computers were damaged. Belt buckles, jewelry, mirrors and picture frames became tarnished. And it emits a noxious sulfur smell.

The drywall is also a possible health hazard. Increasing numbers of individuals are complaining of headaches, nausea and respiratory problems. In some cases, they are continuing mortgage payments on homes that they are not able to live in. "We've had breathing problems that just wouldn't go away, nosebleeds, we just felt awful all the time," said one home owner, who stated that once she moved her family out, their ailments began to subside. Other families report similar stories. Some families have been move into temporary housing paid for by building companies.

"The minute you walk in, it hits you... just like that. You know something's not right," says construction consultant Michael Foreman. "It's the drywall that is all wrong. The more people that are being outspoken and coming forward with this problem, the quicker it is going to be addressed by the government agencies and by the community at large that we are dealing with here...magnitude of the problem is what we really don't know The builders are in fear right now; they want to keep it as quiet as possible."

According to the National Organization of Remediators and Mold Inspectors, it emits much higher levels of sulfur, methane, and other volatile organic compounds than is considered safe. "It certainly does raise concerns," said Dr. David Krause, toxicologist for the Florida Health Department. "There may be a direct health threat." http://www.unmadeinchina.org/contStd.asp?lang=en&idPag=603

So my attitude is, if it's made in China, I don't want to suck air through it. ;)

max,

Purple-Days

I don't believe China is the only source of unsafe products.

Seems the USA has it's fair share of folks who couldn't care less about poisoning the consumer (with lead or other know hazards), or selling them a product that they know is harmful or unsafe. Of course they would never admit it on their own, would they?

USA Examples: Ford - Pinto (see Ralph Nader). More recently the Explorer and Firestone tires. Or, how about the cigarette companies? They are still in business, killing many thousands for profit every day. Fine respectable USA companies.

I don't believe where something is made has anything to do with it. It's the integrity of the manufacturer, and that integrity can't be determined with a map. :2c:

Purple-Days,

max

Out to lunch
I don't believe where something is made has anything to do with it.
Maybe not, but made in China box vapes have proven themselves to be unreliable, and in view of other toxic imports from that country, I see no reason to go cheap and risk health as well as a quick break down. Hard to bring a lawsuit against a Chinese company too.

max,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
can also get a vaporstar with piece of glass (cheap glass though with rubber bottom) for about the same price as a handcarved VG. Or if you already have a water pipe you can use it with, you can get for like $30 plus shipping.

DevoTheStrange,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom