Looking for first vape, would love some advice.

roonsy

I just want to add a differing opinion about the tubo- I used the setting that FJ had and didn't experience any learning curve. I have several of the wood vapes you mentioned considering- (all but the lil bud) and the advantage of the tubo is the degree of control you have including being able to choose between session and demand mode.

Thank you for that maggie! After a lot of thinking last night I agree with you.

I came to a few realizations, was up til late because I can't stop thinking about my choice.

One realization was that, at least for now, I definitely want temperature control. So that rules out the Lil Bud, however I will definitely check out the Lil Bud Elite in the future :) I do like em quite a bit.

So yeah, Tubo on that front for now.

I also decided that I did not want the Fierce, and that I really LIKE the Fury 2 (probably my favorite vape, aesthetically), but only with the default mouthpiece... which means... why not go for the Crafty or the Mighty, since those are plastic too, and both sound like amazing quality in general.

The size of the Crafty is perfect. I much prefer having the temp controls on the vape itself ala the Mighty, but I think I could get used to the app... kinda nice how stealthy you could be with it, actually.

But then I'm reading about the Crafty randomly dying on people...

So yeah, anyway, deciding now between the Fury 2, Crafty, and Mighty.

Questions for both Crafty/Mighty:
- I plan on using the dosing caps, can I fill them with as little as I want and it will still work fine?

- Can I fill one cap and just use it off and on throughout the day - ie take one hit in the morning, turn it off, take another an hour later, turn it off... which would mostly be my plan with anything I buy.

- Do the Crafty/Mighty have pretty much identical vapor quality etc or is the Mighty noticeably better?

- Should I ask those questions in either of the Mighty/Crafty thread?

Basically, if Crafty/Mighty were equal, I'd get the crafty. But I want this thing to last!

Fury 2 (still in the running!)...Crafty... Mighty.. one shall be my first!

Mr. Me2

3 great options. Crafty/Mighty maintenance is heavier. In fact, if you get one of those, I recommend you get at least one extra cu (I have 2 extra). And the Mighty will benefit from a stand.

I don’t use dosing caps, but many here love them. Personally, I don’t have a need to prefill, and I find that a cut screen on top of a half load works great.

I hope you don’t believe that your first vape will be your last. This is only the beginning for you...

And as a first vape, I think you’ll love the Fury2. Its simple to use, feels great in the hand, sold construction, what else can I say...

Happy shopping!

Mr. Me2,
Reactions: roonsy

roonsy

I hope you don’t believe that your first vape will be your last. This is only the beginning for you...

Haha. Thank you for your response. And that statement is very true. Once I get into something it almost 100% of the time becomes a permanent addon to my list of obsessions er I mean hobbies. I don't see this being any different (already have a list of vapes, in order of preference, that I want to try after this first one)

roonsy

So yeah.

I've been all over the place with my thoughts on this stuff.

I eventually settled for ordering a Mighty today, and should have a Ghost MV1 Stealth roughly the week after next. :)

Thanks again to everyone for ALL of your advice. It really helped me to reach my decision and I am very excited to start this journey.

Here we go.....

Moses Baca

Colorado State Reformatory #8755
Similar needs from me, I'm going to go with HR Fierce. I really like the reviews of the Mighty/Crafty but I'll wait until S&B offers it with replaceable batteries. I'm also debating picking up a Fury 2. No replaceable batteries but HR offers a lifetime 1/2 price replacement warranty.

Moses Baca,
Reactions: roonsy

Vaporware

Similar needs from me, I'm going to go with HR Fierce. I really like the reviews of the Mighty/Crafty but I'll wait until S&B offers it with replaceable batteries. I'm also debating picking up a Fury 2. No replaceable batteries but HR offers a lifetime 1/2 price replacement warranty.

I’d like to see S&B do that and more, but they don’t really seem to do major redesigns of their products and once they fill a hole in their lineup the product seems to stay with just minor tweaks over time, so I wouldn’t hold your breath. ;)

This year they actually increased the battery life, so I think that’s the best you’re likely to get from them on that front for a while....unless they release a completely new device.

I’d be happy to be proven wrong though!

ejackyou

Hamilton
I think a really good transition for You would be the Dynacap 'VapCap'!
Won't be the last Vape You buy, but You'll never let IT, go?
You can go with the basic M, but I'd go with the 'OmniVap' Titanium.
Either way You can't beat the Quality and Engineering!

Top Bottom