Looking for a vaporizer, recommendations sought

Status
Not open for further replies.

tdavie

Unconscious Objector
First off, I'll state that I am currently a light smoker. Used to be daily until about 10 years ago when I quit smoking ciggy's. I also stopped smoking hreb because my usual practice was to mix it with tobacco and roll it into a spliff. So about a month ago, i started smoking herb at my girlfriend's, but using a stone pipe she had. It works, but a) I had forgotten how bloody harsh smoking was, b) thw stone pipe was getting hot and I was burning my lips and my fingers were also getting burnt from holding the lioghter to the pipe. So, having time t work, and my boss being away I starte to research vaporisers.

I settled on 2 models. To start off with, I am currently what my girlfriend calls a 'one hit wonder'. I have one toke and I am hallucinating (honestly). A 200 milligram spliff will last me the whole evening unless I am drinking beer and then I can tolerate more.

So I am looking at the Vapir Classic Rechargeable and the Iolite. Been doing a lot of reading and think I have a pretty good understanding of the pros/cons (if I go the Iolite route I will make sure to get the mouthpiece with the metal threads as an example)of each, but I do have some questions and am looking for opinions.

1) Is the Vapir Classic Rechargeable capable of keeping up with someone (my girlfriend) who would smoke several joints in an evening? Is the Iolite capable of doing this?

2) Regarding the Vapir, if I went for the Vapir One 5.0 model with balloons does anyone know if the balloons are latex/plastic/vinyl or mylar? My girlfriend has a sever allergy to latex and I certainly do not want to kill her, but if I can help her reduce the harm to her lungs by smoking, I would buy this one for her. I have emailed Vapir about this, but thought that the people here might know.

3) Regarding the Iolite. Early in it's production, it seemed to be plagued by a few problems. Have these generally been ironed out? If I load up 200 mg of herb, can I take a few hits off of it, turn it off and then come back to it later?

I'm looking at something that is reasonably portable (we just bought a motorhome a few months ago and are going to be driving all over North America in the summer and fall), but I also want something that is capable of standing up to heavyish use (can you load up a few balloons with vapor and then use the ballon's vapor one by one over the sourse of an hour say?). Because we will be camping I want the portability. Anyways, you get the idea.

I'm not opposed to be buying both, and giving the heavy use one to my girlfriend as a Christmas present. As a guideline, she will smoke about a z a month, and I will go about 2/3 of a g on a weekend (no weekday smoking for me).

As a last word, we do have an AC generator in the mortorhome, but I do not want anythign as big as say, a volcano. We will have to pass through customs occasionally

Opinions? Thoughts? Advice? Heck, even thanks for damning words :)

Peace out

Tom

[Edit: this/these will only be used by myself and my girlfriend and I hate to say price is not a concern, but it isn't]

tdavie,

Portability

supreme thru sovereignty
you definitly dont want a vapir (crapir)
if you are looking for a portable vape look at the supreme :brow:

Portability,

Skunkypete

Escape Artist
I would definitely stay away from the Vapir even more so if price isnt a concern. I personally purchased a O2 mini as my first vape and although it did introduce me to vaping enough to fall in love, every other vape I have purchased (and there's been quite a few) have been consistently better the O2. Which itself died within 90 days of my purchase so atleast i could get a replacement. And although I haven't really heard of the vapir classic rechargeable , pretty much all reviews i've read (that are legit) of vapir products have been bad , they leak and use all sort of questionable material (red thermal paste on the o2 i'm looking at you :mad: ) and they break easy.

Anyways I guess what I'm trying to say is there's a ton of better vapes out there. I'd buy an Iolite wayyyy before I ever bought a vapir. Even a something like a glass Vaporgenie would rock your world. And like Portability said the supreme does rock pretty hard. It always makes me sad when I see posts like greenwizard's with his hotbox issues that could of been so easily avoided.

Skunkypete,

StickyShisha2

tdavie said:
3) Regarding the Iolite. Early in it's production, it seemed to be plagued by a few problems. Have these generally been ironed out? If I load up 200 mg of herb, can I take a few hits off of it, turn it off and then come back to it later?
well, yes and no. It has a bit of a "run on" effect, especially when the gas is full.
I find that if I turn it on, but then turn it off before its fully heated up, it well continue to heat up.
With this method, I'll get one good pull followed by 2 or 3 weak ones as its cooling.

as to the production problems, its a shame that there are still older units in the supply chain.
I just got another one for somebody, and out of the 5 that were in the store, 2 had the older removable pin.
They did however give me extra plastic stems and a SS threaded stem

StickyShisha2,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom