Looking for a super clean, portable vaporizer

DougBentley

Ok so a little update here.. I ended up getting a Milaana vaporizer and honestly it is exactly what I was looking for! Portable , all wood and glass (no plastic or aluminum or Teflon). It's fairly sleek and just seems awesome..

After having the thing for a couple weeks now I am extremely disappointed. First off the customer service has been terrible from RbT. I have been emailing them the past week about my issues and zero response!

Issues are with the battery. First off no manual? Come on. I charged this sucker for a whole night and then went to use it and it probably lasted 2 sessions. I got decent rips the first time around but still didn't feel like I was getting enough power.. After the second session I was barely getting anything. I emailed and no response.

Now I try charging my battery and all lights flash and then go off one by one and nothing happens. I let it sit on the charger for a few hours and no lights and no charge happens. Must be a bunk battery. I just wish they would get back to me about my issue!

Anyone have this problem with milaana or the battery? Any suggestions? Manuals? Thanks FC community- you are all I have at the moment.

Ps- I was told milaana was on special for $129 and I ended up being charged $212 for the unit. Some shady stuff going on...

Last edited:
DougBentley,

Squiby

First off the customer service has been terrible from RbT. I have been emailing them the past week about my issues and zero response!

I'm sorry for the trouble you have had with your new Milaana. I don't have one and cannot help remedy your problems with it specifically. I only know that a lot of people love the Milaana.

My favorite vape is the Vapcap and it's my favorite for some of the reasons you are experiencing.

It is affordable. The entry level Vapcap is a mere $35. It is a beast and although more fragile with its glass body and condenser, it performs as well as the higher end Vapcaps.

Its efficient. It will save you money in weed. You need very little to get you where you want to be.

It is simple. There's nothing really that can go wrong with it unless you break a glass sleeve or condenser. The top of the line titanium Omnivap is around $160 and could be considered indestructible.

No electronics, batteries, cords chargers to fail, lose, replace or keep track of. The Vapcap is heated externally. You can use butane lighters, bic lighters, candles, a stove element, a camp fire or even a solar heater. The airpath is separate from the heat application. There is no sucking of butane residuals.

Customer service for the Vapcap is beyond anything that I have ever before experienced. Their product works, plain and simple. George @VapCap and his team are extremely responsive to requests, questions and custom orders. Beyond the beauty and performance of this genius device, it was the Customer Service that initially won me over. The Dynavap thread has story after story of ways that George went above and beyond from freebies in packages to replacing a part at no charge when a vapcap was run over by a truck (and largely survived). Total operator error.

If you want to try a different vape go for an inexpensive OG Vapcap.

DougBentley

Thank You Squiby. I will probably try that but right now my concern is getting my money back or at least a new battery from RBT. Anyone have experience with these guys? I just don't get why they charged me more- sold me a bunk item- and now won't respond to my emails. Any ideas?

DougBentley,
Reactions: Squiby

grokit

well-worn member
Thank You Squiby. I will probably try that but right now my concern is getting my money back or at least a new battery from RBT. Anyone have experience with these guys? I just don't get why they charged me more- sold me a bunk item- and now won't respond to my emails. Any ideas?
Have you been to the milaana thread? Lots of discussion about batteries and such in there...

Here's a recent post that summarizes, and refers to an earlier discussion on page 50. Hang in there, it sounds like you have a good vape with a bad battery. Not that it's any excuse, but if you read further you can see that there has been lots of changes to the company recently as it tries to find its footing.

They have/had? a customer service person that was posting there too...

:shrug:

Geoffro

I figured that there wasn't anything made that fit my requirements.

The VHW looks like the closest thing to what I need but it's not portable.

What about the firefly 2? It says all glass bowl and magnesium alloy body. But still there's some metal parts. Not sure how pure this is.

If there's anyone out there that's weary of what vaporizers are made out of and found something they can use- talk to me. I know not one is perfect, but if you had to say the healthiest/non toxic portable high end vaporizer, what would it be?
I have

I have a Davinci Ascent, it's portable and has an all glass pathway
I love it

Mod note: posts merged

Last edited by a moderator:
Geoffro,

little maggie

Ok so a little update here.. I ended up getting a Milaana vaporizer and honestly it is exactly what I was looking for! Portable , all wood and glass (no plastic or aluminum or Teflon). It's fairly sleek and just seems awesome..

After having the thing for a couple weeks now I am extremely disappointed. First off the customer service has been terrible from RbT. I have been emailing them the past week about my issues and zero response!

Issues are with the battery. First off no manual? Come on. I charged this sucker for a whole night and then went to use it and it probably lasted 2 sessions. I got decent rips the first time around but still didn't feel like I was getting enough power.. After the second session I was barely getting anything. I emailed and no response.

Now I try charging my battery and all lights flash and then go off one by one and nothing happens. I let it sit on the charger for a few hours and no lights and no charge happens. Must be a bunk battery. I just wish they would get back to me about my issue!

Anyone have this problem with milaana or the battery? Any suggestions? Manuals? Thanks FC community- you are all I have at the moment.

Ps- I was told milaana was on special for $129 and I ended up being charged $212 for the unit. Some shady stuff going on...
There's nothing wrong with your milaana. The problem is your battery. I always have 2 charging so I can switch when the battery slows down. I have quite a few batteries because of several battery operated vapes and I've never seen what is happening when you try to charge. Batteries are not that expensive. Do you have a 2 battery charger?

little maggie,

hinglemccringleberry

No electronics, batteries, cords chargers to fail, lose, replace or keep track of. The Vapcap is heated externally. You can use butane lighters, bic lighters, candles, a stove element, a camp fire or even a solar heater. The airpath is separate from the heat application. There is no sucking of butane residuals.

There is no sucking of butane residuals on the direct heat intake vapes either as long as you use a pure (creme brulee approved) butane for your torch.
And yes, I love not having to deal with batteries and chargers as well.

Last edited:
hinglemccringleberry,

Squiby

There is no sucking of butane residuals on the direct heat intake vapes either as long as you use a pure (creme brulee approved) butane for your torch.
And yes, I love not having to deal with batteries and chargers as well.

Yeah. Three more advantages the Vapcap has over some other "butane" vapes.

You heat, then once heated, you toke.

You only heat the cap, which covers the tip or bowl.

Only pure air enters the bowl and airpath. No butane, lighterfluid, paraffin residues ever.

Squiby,
Reactions: grokit

hinglemccringleberry

Yeah. Three more advantages the Vapcap has over some other "butane" vapes.

You heat, then once heated, you toke.

You only heat the cap, which covers the tip or bowl.

Only pure air enters the bowl and airpath. No butane, lighterfluid, paraffin residues ever.

There is no inhaling of residues on the direct heat intake vapes either as long as you use a pure (creme brulee approved) butane for your torch.

hinglemccringleberry,

little maggie

love my vapcap and agree with everything that's been said about it. But you already bought a milaana. It makes sense to get that working and then buy a vapcap instead of replacing the milaana with a vapcap before you've had a chance to try a working milaana.

Last edited:
little maggie,

natural farmer

I had very good luck with RBT customer care. I have sent my Mi two times across the pond to the states to get it fixed as the glass broke, first time cause of the initial bad fixement and second time cause it fell down. Sometimes they are a little late in answering mails but hey, they can be really busy and it's a tiny company... RBT has a strong character, maybe he doesn't like your tone in the mails? Were you easy on him or went all out from the start?
Anyway, looks like your problem is the battery or the connection. Why don't you just try a new battery. They are very cheap and can get them anywhere, just make sure it's the right type. You can get more advice on batteries in the Milaana thread. If it's the connection the fix is very easy.
Milaana is an amazing vape and airway is as clean as it gets. Don't get bumped by such a little mishap... Just test with a new battery and most likely the EVO will end up in a drawer as Milaana is so much more comfortable and fast to use! :tup:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I had very good luck with RBT customer care. I have sent my Mi two times across the pond to the states to get it fixed as the glass broke, first time cause of the initial bad fixement and second time cause it fell down. Sometimes they are a little late in answering mails but hey, they can be really busy and it's a tiny company... RBT has a strong character, maybe he doesn't like your tone in the mails? Were you easy on him or went all out from the start?
Anyway, looks like your problem is the battery or the connection. Why don't you just try a new battery. They are very cheap and can get them anywhere, just make sure it's the right type. You can get more advice on batteries in the Milaana thread. If it's the connection the fix is very easy.
Milaana is an amazing vape and airway is as clean as it gets. Don't get bumped by such a little mishap... Just test with a new battery and most likely the EVO will end up in a drawer as Milaana is so much more comfortable and fast to use! :tup:
I use a EVO everyday?

Is it wrong?

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
There is nothing wrong or right in this world... It's all a matter of perspective. :myday:
I use a plug in because I haven't found a portable that's any good?

The SOLO is cheap and is the best so far.
The FIREFLY was $$$ and broke so I gave up on it.
The LOTUS was unreal but my wife took it?

510 connection herb tank I want to try?

A piece of wood with a heater fitted doesn't appeal to me.

FUNCTION = CIVILIZED

My grinder was not a SHEDDER however I had a pound of cannabis colas so the guy said I was a kook? (COMPTON and SPACE CASE) he said I was UNCIVILIZED?
I plan to get one however do I need another?

Last edited:

natural farmer

Wife took your Lotus??? Hahahaha! Marriage is hard! Hahahaha! :p

Well bare with me buddy! In a few days I'm gonna have Project "Eraser" in my hands and I'm gonna compare it with sweet Laana for you! Milaana is already much better than Solo, Firefly and even Lotus for me, so let's see what the Project can do...
Never tried a Cloud, just read a lot of opinions about it but I would never buy such an expensive and fragile vape which would have me tied to a socket no matter how great the vapor is! :2c:

Milaana is really CIVILIZED!!!

Baron23

I use a plug in because I haven't found a portable that's any good?

The SOLO is cheap and is the best so far.
The FIREFLY was $$$ and broke so I gave up on it.
The LOTUS was unreal but my wife took it?

510 connection herb tank I want to try?

A piece of wood with a heater fitted doesn't appeal to me.

FUNCTION = CIVILIZED

My grinder was not a SHEDDER however I had a pound of cannabis colas so the guy said I was a kook? (COMPTON and SPACE CASE) he said I was UNCIVILIZED?
I plan to get one however do I need another?
LOVE my EVO. Hardest hitting, most dense vapor I have experienced. I have a Turbine HT and its just right, I don't need or want any more diffusion or cooling than that. I don't really share @natural farmer view that the EVO is fragile. Yes, it is glass so I guess so but its fairly sturdily built and with just the slightest care it seems to be far and away durable enough for a desktop vape.

Not sure what you mean by 510 connection herb tank but if its like the Cloupor M4 and the like, all they are is electric pipes with an exposed hot coil to ignite them. What product were you thinking about.

Baron23,
Reactions: ataxian

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
LOVE my EVO. Hardest hitting, most dense vapor I have experienced. I have a Turbine HT and its just right, I don't need or want any more diffusion or cooling than that. I don't really share @natural farmer view that the EVO is fragile. Yes, it is glass so I guess so but its fairly sturdily built and with just the slightest care it seems to be far and away durable enough for a desktop vape.

Not sure what you mean by 510 connection herb tank but if its like the Cloupor M4 and the like, all they are is electric pipes with an exposed hot coil to ignite them. What product were you thinking about.
I use a SOLO because it works and the taste is bearable.

The EVO taste the best!
I break glass every week. (lot's of it!) however over a year and my EVO is strong!

I added plugs in my garden.
Transformers work well for road trips.

I use a MOD all day (.33% E-JUICE sans NICOTINE) the rest is SHATTER or CRUMBLE. This week I will use KIEF with MAUI SUNSET E-JUICE. Plus I do COLAS (FLOWER TOPS).

I tried expensive portables however they were not near the flavor of a cheap SOLO?

My wife never has had cannabis. She took my LOTUS because I coughed like smoking a JOINT?

Since I MOD all day I was thinking to find a 510 thread device to enjoy CANNABIS.

Tomorrow I will put my BENDER on my MOD.
I don't think W9 TECH makes them any more?
They eat battery life however the new MODS would handle fine!
The BENDER uses a SOLDERING ROD like a SSV. (all GLASS tank for the FLOWER)

If you know of a good portable let me know?

Can you vaporize in GREECE?
Their culture is ironically UNCIVILIZED?

Last edited:

turk

turk
...u guys are great..love reading this stuff...ataxian always puts a smile on my face...:clap:

turk,

mikek9

Vapor Enthusiast
The Mighty Medic might be the cleanest vaporizer available with actual government evaluated proof. In North America and the EU it is a recognized medical device for the inhalation of cannabinoids for therapeutic use. It has to pass probably a pretty ridiculous amount of testing and evaluation to obtain the certification so this might make me feel a little better about using one. As well, the Mighty Medic comes with dosing capsules that you can preload and carry around ground herb in, in the provided carry case, and be ready to go when the need arises.

At first I thought, well there is a lot of plastic which is the least ideal in my eyes, but then when I see it has tested as a safe device according to the government which makes me feel a little better about it. As well, if it's safe and has all that plastic then that might actually help the durability immensely.

It is made by Storz and Bickel for their medic device arm called Vapormed. They currently manufacture the Volcano Medic, which is essentially a Volcano Digital with some changes to conform to the medical device standards. The Mighty Medic is also pretty much the same as the regular Mighty, but it confirms to, as the Volcano Medic does, the standards set out for medical device
certification.

I've never used up, but the disability program I am on is going to help me buy one so I am going to go with that. They were trying to tell me that it was too much and more than they can cover. She started suggesting the Arizer Solo or even a pen style wax vape that had a herb cartridge with as alternatives. First thing I said was those own vapes are not vaporizers and can easily show them why, then I said I don't want Arizer products because I don't want an entry level unit. Plus I owned the Arizer Air and having to use 2-3 stems just to get medicated was not only a pain in the ass, but it took almost 45 mins. I went on about how the Mighty is certified by Health Canada for the inhalation of cannabinoids for medical purposes and that is the only acceptable device for me and my doctor. I said my doctor doesn't want me just using anything, she wants it to be comparable to a real medical device.

Eventually they offered me the max they will cover and just asked me to buy it. I am looking forward to it.

Is there anything better I should consider that might have the ability to be even more medicating than the Mighty?

mikek9,

lwien

Is there anything better I should consider that might have the ability to be even more medicating than the Mighty?

You may want to check out the MiniVap which has also gone through a battery of certifications. It may not be more medicating (probably the same), but I would think it would be a whole lot tastier.

Top Bottom