Leaving your vape on 24-7

SmokingElectricity

I know this is not practical with alot of vapes. Is it okay to leave certain vapes on 24-7? I own a DBV and it tends to stay on most of the day that i am home with no problems.

SmokingElectricity,

aesthyrian

Blaaaaah
7th Floor has had a unit running everyday since they started selling them so I wouldn't be worried about it causing any damage, but it will cost $ and waste electricity. It's probably better on the knob since you wont be turning it on and off all the time, and besides the glass I would say the knob is the next thing to go on a DBV or SSV, it will just happen to potentiometers eventually given enough use.

aesthyrian,

Nosferatu

The PD can be left on 24/7 but the Buddha isn't intended too, I would at least turn it off when not in use because it warms up so fast. I think the ceramic rod will wear out somewhat. Mine is getting small cracks and doesnt seem as bright as when I got it. Works great though so I would turn it off to keep it this way I suppose.

Nosferatu,

upriver

combustion-free
Does anyone have some rough calculations on what DB/SSV or PD cost to leave on 24/7? I know electrical rates vary, but what are the draws of these devices over a month, year?

upriver,

Nycdeisel

Tom from PD says it costs roughly $10 a year to keep a PD running all the time, but that it also depends on something else I cant remember, however would still not cost much more.

I keep my DBV on almost all of the time, I just turn the knob up and down multiple times a day but almost never actually turn it off completely.

In addition, I also noticed that after being kept on so long this way, it stays hotter and makes me have to turn the dial way down. One weekend Im just going to keep it off so that when I start it up again its not retaining heat.

Nycdeisel,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
upriver said:
Does anyone have some rough calculations on what DB/SSV or PD cost to leave on 24/7? I know electrical rates vary, but what are the draws of these devices over a month, year?

I don't know about the DB/SSV, but I've read the log vapes use about the same amount of electricity as a night light.

momofthegoons,

aesthyrian

Blaaaaah
upriver said:

I think peopel here say the PD draws 8 watts of power and I know the bottom of my DBV says 52 watts. Without a wattage meter though I can only tell you that.

aesthyrian,
Top Bottom