Keck Clip vs Joint Wax ?

Nycdeisel

I would avoid using any sort of substance on glass. No guarantee it is safe. And I see no use for it. Just be sure to follow basic rules of GonG connections, like keeping both connections completely DRY before mating them, and slightly twisting downstems and adapters in so they do not accidentally come off when you go to remove the vape or bowl apparatus to clear the piece.

I used to heavily rely on keck clips until i learned what i mention above^
So if the pieces has a downstem, just make sure both sides of the GonG are totally dry and give it a slight, firm twist with just a little downward push and youre good.

Nycdeisel,

darkrom

Great Scott!
Glass on glass on glass on glass. No clips on shit is my preference. :D

darkrom,

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
It's quite common in the lab to grease ground glass joints both to seal them (they're not actually too airtight under duress) and to stop joint lock (especially important if there's been a strong vacuum). Silicone is normally used as it's inert.

I sometimes use this joint wax on my SSV custom GG Wand and Heater cover. Over the years as it's worn it's become easier to dislodge it when moving the whip around. This does solve that problem somewhat, although you're left with a slightly waxy gg wand joint of course.

It's just a natural wax.

It holds, but not a firmly as a keck clip will.

WatTyler,
Reactions: vtac

friedricey

being human
I can't live without the keck clip. I think it depends upon the piece you have.

friedricey,
Top Bottom