"...it's a hard world for little things..." A (very) Short Story in 3 Parts

EveryDayAmnesiac

Part 1 of an 800-word amateur, incomprehensible, and ultimately disappointing short story.

… it’s a hard world for little things …

… a lone vulture circles concentrically closer, spirographing patiently and pitilessly above what little’s left of the curse-ridden frame of the most desperate, deprived and deserted dingo in all the exotic lands encompassed by the local tri-township area. the poor, pathetic thing. self-crumpled and curled-up. diseased and depressed. blanketed beneath fleas and flies. lost and disoriented. slight and feeble. and temptingly adjacent to hopeless. soaking in the practicing desert road's jagged heat and bloody sand. the little fugitive, not the liveliest of creatures. fundamental immobility only interrupted intermittently by the wagging of her warped tail. her ghost town gaze by only the absentminded shuffling of her spongy eyes. actions sorely attuned with the will of the passing vehicles. the covetous speed driving her sporadically remaining fur into excruciating encounters with the dust and the sand and the gravel. away from her keyboard ribs and chicken legs. away from the patches and stitches. the covetous speed, leaving her. sluggishly drying out. from the outside. in the aimless hope the vehicle might pass back. sooner or later. to run her self-loathed and self-mutilated figure over in the process. stop its existence. rid it of the agonizing, soul-crushing minutiae of residual bereavement. leave the two coupled. as though she a dead fetus. tracking and trailing. patiently and pitilessly. malignantly motivated. overdue. and attached by some unbreakable, unforgiving umbilical cord of unspeakable umbrage …

LIKE THIS POST IF YOU WANT PART 2.....

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM IS WELCOMED...

-EDA

...For what it's worth, this is meant to be the intro to a television series. The "short story" would be revealed over an entire season.

Tweek

If you really do want to write television scripts keep this in mind: producers hate lots of words. :D

Look forward to seeing your creative thought process in the thread. Congrats for having the courage to put yourself out there :rockon:

Tweek,

EveryDayAmnesiac

If you really do want to write television scripts keep this in mind: producers hate lots of words. :D

Look forward to seeing your creative thought process in the thread. Congrats for having the courage to put yourself out there :rockon:

Well, I'm hoping to be picked up by HBO... :lol:

But yeah, the rest of the teleplay does not feature anywhere near as many words. The intro is just meant for anyone watching to take a step back and think... " WTF is this? "

And... the main character is an herb user who is going to discover the wonders of vaporization in the first season of the show.... if that helps.

EveryDayAmnesiac,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
The intro is just meant for anyone watching to take a step back and think... " WTF is this? "
This you accomplished... :lol: I had to reread it a couple times. Could be I'm a little buzzed though...

And... the main character is an herb user who is going to discover the wonders of vaporization in the first season of the show.... if that helps.
Herb and vapor? I'm on board!

Looking forward to Part II. :tup:

EveryDayAmnesiac

This you accomplished... :lol: I had to reread it a couple times. Could be I'm a little buzzed though...

Herb and vapor? I'm on board!

Looking forward to Part II. :tup:

A like from a Mod? Wow. I feel like I just won an Oscar! :luv:

Yeah, I'm TOTALLY working vaporization into the story. It's actually a key component for reasons I cannot go into. But the question is.... which vaporizer should be the one to welcome him into its spell?

Keep in mind it will most likely be his love interest who "turns him on" to vapor.

EveryDayAmnesiac,
Reactions: Tweek

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Or she could turn into vapor.... or come out of the vapor.....

or maybe I need more vapor? :D

I think what ever vape is used, it needs to look sexy, but not in a graphic way. :cool: Unless I'm missing the point of the book?

EveryDayAmnesiac

I think it should be about a love interest that turns him into vapor. That would be cool.:D

Well... as cool and strangely symbolic as that idea is, I don't intend for it to be a sci-fi show! :lol:

Although, that sounds like a pretty good idea for Game of Thrones... :tup: or maybe even Breaking Bad?

And I bet that Orson Scott Card has already used that idea... maybe even Arthur C. Clarke?

EveryDayAmnesiac,

EveryDayAmnesiac

Or she could turn into vapor.... or come out of the vapor.....

or maybe I need more vapor? :D

I think what ever vape is used, it needs to look sexy, but not in a graphic way. :cool: Unless I'm missing the point of the book?

I think I may just work into the script that is HAS to be a VXL Cloud. Make the studio buy it and then it could just "mysteriously" disappear. Could be a good product placement!

This is starting to make me think that it'd be fun to start a story... and then a new FC person could just write the next chapter however they wanted... and eventually we'd see how it'd all work out. That could be cool. :)

EveryDayAmnesiac,

Nbajunkie

Someones always watching..
Can there be such a thing as too many adjectives? Yes, Sometimes less is more. But Im interested.Sometimes you have to dumb things down for the masses, like me.Its way too late to be looking for my dictionary..lol

EveryDayAmnesiac

Can there be such a thing as too many adjectives? Yes, Sometimes less is more. But Im interested.Sometimes you have to dumb things down for the masses, like me.Its way too late to be looking for my dictionary..lol

You bring up an excellent point. So, I should make it clear that the rest of the teleplay is VERY different from the intro. The "short story" is not meant to be perfect. It's a story written by a struggling artist who is NOT the main character. Its imperfections and overreaches are pivotal to the overall story of the series. And downfall of its "hero."

"Less is more." I could not agree more. Almost ALL of the rest of my writing adheres to this philosophy. Hopefully, one day, I can show you all what the big picture of THIS story is.

But, this short story, is DOES work as a "simple" short story. However, it is also a part of something bigger. I don't mean that to sound pretentious. Just is what is is.

I GREATLY appreciate all feedback though. ANYTHING is helpful to me. I TRULY mean that.

EveryDayAmnesiac,
Top Bottom