ISO wash and resin residue

CCLP

Hello all !

I'm sure the question has been asked and aswered over and over again, but it's hard to find an answer by searching, I gotta ask :

as this is an hard time for some of us to get some supply, I'd like to know if some of you that clean their vapes with iso ever tried to let the iso evaporate to get some extra goodies that's left inside ?

If yes how exactly ? Just put in a plate outside and wait til it's "dry" ?

And then can you vape what's left ? Or make edibles ?

Thanks a lot for the answers !
Be well

clouded vision

Yes, you can reclaim oils by letting the iso evaporate and scraping up the reclaim then vape that or make edibles. You'd be wasting a lot of iso by doing this after a single cleaning though so you can save and reuse iso for cleaning each time until it's really dark brown before you evaporate it.

Another option is to soak your parts in very hot whole milk and make hot cocoa with it.

Either way, I'd suggest making edibles since reclaim doesn't taste very good when you vape it.

CCLP

Hello Sir,

First thank you for your answer !

My leftover ISO has been used and reused several times. It's already dark brown !

Should I use a special plate to let it evaporate so it's easier to scrape the reclaim ? Or just a glass one ?

CCLP,

clouded vision

Something flat and as big as possible. The more surface area, the faster it will evap. Something like a 9x13 pyrex pan

clouded vision,
Reactions: CCLP

CCLP

I will try this, thanks a lot clouded vision !

I got that kind of pyrex so it's all good. Once it's evaporated, I'll try to freeze it before scrapping maybe, might make it easier no ?

CCLP,

Baron23

I will try this, thanks a lot clouded vision !

I got that kind of pyrex so it's all good. Once it's evaporated, I'll try to freeze it before scrapping maybe, might make it easier no ?
Be very careful dabbing ISO derived, home made, 'trates. ISO is very bad for your lungs and I personally wouldn't do it without a purge vacuum oven, myself.

Consider ethyl alcohol (Everclear, right) as the solvent and evap that. Much more benign, IMO.

sickmanfraud

It is obvious, but filter your brown liquid through a coffee filter before the evaporation is started.

If you are concerned that the filter will swallow your cannabinoids I would advise that you wet your filter with fresh ISO before you filter so the filter does not soak up your brown alcohol.

sickmanfraud,
Reactions: Jill NYC
Top Bottom