Is this butane safe?

voyciz

I'm getting a sticky brick today, and I scrambled to find some butane, as I don't usually think that far ahead...
Anyway, I got some Benzo butane from the Home Depot. It doesn't say on the can that it is refined or filtered or anything...is this stuff safe for me to use? I plan to buy higher quality in the future, but damnit, I need to be able to use my brick today! Any information is appreciated, thanks in advance.

voyciz,

DrGigawatt

I'm getting a sticky brick today, and I scrambled to find some butane, as I don't usually think that far ahead...
Anyway, I got some Benzo butane from the Home Depot. It doesn't say on the can that it is refined or filtered or anything...is this stuff safe for me to use? I plan to buy higher quality in the future, but damnit, I need to be able to use my brick today! Any information is appreciated, thanks in advance.

Its usually used for cordless soldering irons and micro torches so I don't see why it should'nt work but definitely get something higher quality for the future.

DrGigawatt,
Reactions: RUDE BOY

voyciz

Its usually used for cordless soldering irons and micro torches so I don't see why it should'nt work but definitely get something higher quality for the future.

Thank you for the advice! Yesterday when my brick arrived, the Eagle lighter that I also purchased came pre-filled so I didn't even need to use the Benzomatic stuff. Sticky brick rips incredibly hard, put me out cold last night! What kind of butane do you recommend using?

voyciz,
Reactions: RUDE BOY

Baron23

I don't think its a matter of not being safe as much as less purified butane will kill your torch lighter's jets quickly.

voyciz

I don't think its a matter of not being safe as much as less purified butane will kill your torch lighter's jets quickly.

Oh no kidding? I'm over here stressin for nothing! Thank you sir, very helpful.

Well, now that I have my first butane and am enjoying it, I think it is time to get a vapcap.

voyciz

UPDATE: so I did end up trying that Benzomatic butane I got from Home Depot. Do not ever try this in your lighter! It will break it! As soon as I filled my Eagle with this, I had to turn it to max level to even get the smallest flame. Absolute garbage, obviously not meant for lighters! As I also discovered, stay away from Ronson as well! Neon 5x refined is decent, Newport is better. I've heard great things about Vector, though have never tried. If I had to guess, I'd say that Xikar Purofine is a good bet as well although seriously expensive.

voyciz,

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
you learned the hard way.. most of us have as well.

don't toss your lighter. You can purge all the butane out and refuel with good stuff when you get it.
there are a lot of great butane options, I tend to use Vector due to accessibility at most head shops.

Top Bottom