Is there such thing as a vapor’a cough

Truth Seeker

I was just wondering because many times an hour or two after a session I might be doing something I notice I have a small car it just happens like once or twice but it does feel like it’s from vaping? Is there such thing as a vapor his cough? Does this develop a long-term paper enthusiast like a smokers cough?

Truth Seeker,
Reactions: Verax

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
I don't cough from vaping unless I take too big a hit.

I used to have asthma and a slight cough when I smoked Marlboro and cannabis. Since giving up gretts and combustion I rarely get an asthma attack and I never got a persistent cough from vaping.

My MFLB is the only vape that makes me cough when it's used so it's sitting on the shelf but even the MFLB doesn't make me cough after using it.

My understanding is that vaped cannabis is an expectorant so if there is an irritant in your lungs it may cause you to hack a little. But again, for me, it's not a persistent cough or hack.

Truth Seeker

I don't cough from vaping unless I take too big a hit.

I used to have asthma and a slight cough when I smoked Marlboro and cannabis. Since giving up gretts and combustion I rarely get an asthma attack and I never got a persistent cough from vaping.

My MFLB is the only vape that makes me cough when it's used so it's sitting on the shelf but even the MFLB doesn't make me cough after using it.

My understanding is that vaped cannabis is an expectorant so if there is an irritant in your lungs it may cause you to hack a little. But again, for me, it's not a persistent cough or hack.
Thank you so much for your response! I hate to ask such a rudimentary question but it seems like this topic hasn’t been brought up much and I wanted to see if this was an issue with long-term vapor enthusiasts!

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
Thank you so much for your response! I hate to ask such a rudimentary question but it seems like this topic hasn’t been brought up much and I wanted to see if this was an issue with long-term vapor enthusiasts!

Not sure I qualify as a long term vapist compared to some others but I've been vaping flower several times daily for over 5 years and it's been clear sailing.

I have occasionally vaped oil and concentrates without an issue as well but my lungs feel a little different using oil versus flower. Oil feels a tiny bit heavier on my lungs.

I brought up the oil and concentrates since your question was about vaping in general and not just about flower.

Verax

I don't get any lingering coughing or lung problems more than a few minutes after bigger sessions.

I DO however get lingering nasal congestion that will last for hours, which can sometimes lead to an occasional cough, but nothing like a "smokers cough" so far for me. I've been vaping dry flower several times a day for about 6-7 years.

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
I've heard THC is an expectorant, which means it activates receptors in your lungs that creates a sensation of needing to cough.
That can happen with vaping and if you take a really strong hit it can have a prolonged effect - puts you into a coughing fit and you could feel tingly in your lungs and feel short of breath for a minute or two.
I never got any permanent cough from vaping.

Sick Vape

Solar Dabs
Against uncomfortable dry feelings in the lung from vaping, you could also try to use your built-in air filter, temperer and humidifier: the nose.
Side effect might be a dry nose :D

C No Ego

I was just wondering because many times an hour or two after a session I might be doing something I notice I have a small car it just happens like once or twice but it does feel like it’s from vaping? Is there such thing as a vapor his cough? Does this develop a long-term paper enthusiast like a smokers cough?
I've had a few times where next day the throat is irritated but it is minor and probably something other than cannabis in the weed I vaporized... compared to smoking vaping does not leave the infected throat next day nearly as bad... and how much you vape matters too

TommyDee

Vaporitor
I get a cough but it is not the vape, it's the source matter. I cannot vape cheap outdoor flower without it affecting my throat. I have my suspicions but generally, if you're gonna put it in your lungs, spend the bit extra for quality product. Since I only get one strain, I know my good bud from my bad bud. Bad bud in this case would smell like cat piss.

C No Ego

I get a cough but it is not the vape, it's the source matter. I cannot vape cheap outdoor flower without it affecting my throat. I have my suspicions but generally, if you're gonna put it in your lungs, spend the bit extra for quality product. Since I only get one strain, I know my good bud from my bad bud. Bad bud in this case would smell like cat piss.
cat piss/ baby puke / pungent smell is well cured out cannabis... if you smell over powering ammonia smell beware though

C No Ego

Hahaha... yea you caught the nuance. Considering I always buy the same strain, the normal aroma is not cat piss... but I suspect you are right @C No Ego in that I indeed meant an over-arching ammonia scent.
well if you get weed grown on the closed in back porch with cats everywhere and litter boxes it could be official cat piss weed then, not the good kind... I've gotten liter box cannabis before, not pleasant at all

Zander

well if you get weed grown on the closed in back porch with cats everywhere and litter boxes it could be official cat piss weed then, not the good kind... I've gotten liter box cannabis before, not pleasant at all
oh shit! that doesn’t sound pleasant either!

well, I have a utillian 721 and it produces some really hot vapor, so hot that it feels like it’s burning my lips and/or the inside of my mouth and def irritating my lungs as I have started to cough quite a bit since I started using this vaporizer. smoking joints almost never makes me cough. I think it’s all because of the heat honestly. don’t cannabis vaporizers get to way hotter temperatures than how hot a joint gets when you light it up?

Last edited:

TommyDee

Vaporitor
Vaping cat piss... hmmmm... I'm sure its been done wittingly or unwittingly. Doesn't sound healthy though. Had a reminder of it during my last outing. The herb looked familiar and I took a whiff... uhggg! Same farm. Don't know how they passed lab inspection. But that stuff is hard on my throat.

TommyDee,
Reactions: C No Ego

C No Ego

Vaping cat piss... hmmmm... I'm sure its been done wittingly or unwittingly. Doesn't sound healthy though. Had a reminder of it during my last outing. The herb looked familiar and I took a whiff... uhggg! Same farm. Don't know how they passed lab inspection. But that stuff is hard on my throat.

you just never ever know which direction threads here on FC will take ...

Top Bottom