Is there a way to salvage bad oil

420democrat

i recently got some oil/dabs from my guy at 20/gram for 4 grams the consistency sucks you can't touch it with your hands and the taste isn't that good as he told and showed me in person but now that I have it home every so many hits on my nail and it sizzles and pops and makes me fee kind of sick. Is there anything I can do to salvage this? Or is it trash

420democrat,

Melting Pot

Sick & Twisted
Decarb in the oven and cook something with it. Cookies or Brownies
200F until it stops bubbling on parchment.
Good luck

Melting Pot,

420democrat

Can it be put through the oven in the silicone containers? It's very difficult to manipulate

420democrat,

Deleted Member 1643

Was butane the solvent? If so (or if you don't know), don't vape as is. If you want to vape it, winterize first. Dissolve in ethanol (190 proof grain alcohol) and place in freezer for 48 hours. Then, evaporate off the ethanol.

Use at least ten times more ethanol than oil, so for four grams oil, use at least 40 mls ethanol. Drop silicone container into a small jar, then cover with ethanol. Let oil dissolve for about one hour, then remove empty container, seal jar and place in freezer. After 48 hours, filter cold ethanol/oil through a coffee filter, keeping everything cold. (To get everything, you can wash jar and container with a few mls of fresh ethanol/)

If you don't have gear for vacuum purging, you can purge ethanol with just heat. Use electric heat, not open flame, as ethanol vapor is flammable (but not nearly as flammable as butane). Use a heat source that can maintain a temperature less than 250F. (Ethanol boils at 170F, cannabinoids decarb at 250F and begin to vaporize at 270F.) You can get an inexpensive silicone heating pad at an aquarium supply shop (used to gently warm reptile enclosures.) A therapeutic heating pad might also work. Use a cooking thermometer to monitor temperature.

You'll still be left with sticky, difficult-to-handle oil. Suggest drawing into a syringe (with blunt needle) and keeping capped syringe in refrigerator between sessions. Gently push plunger to deposit a drop onto dab tool. Good luck!

Top Bottom