IS BUYING FROM THE CLASSIFIEDS WITH PAYPAL SaFE???

Hey guys i live in illinois and currently have been talking to a member about buying a piece. The member lives on the west coast. I just want to know if it is a good idea to use paypal to pay the member then get the item shipped to me. Or am i just falling for another bullshitty scam? haha thanks for your help

Modnote: Please fix your caps lock.

nelslarson42,

Vaporisateur

Senior Marijuanist
Depends how much the item is. If it's a fair good amount go C.O.D. (cash on delivery) - there is a small fee but you are sure to give your money in exchange of a box at your door :/

Vaporisateur,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
Take a closer look at the member and their participation/reputation around here. Im sure that there have been a couple of less than savory deals here and there, but for the most part I think we have a pretty good bunch.

AGBeer,
The seller has by definition been around for many months with a minimum of 50 posts. You however have just registered today and have very few posts.. So if anything, they should be dubious of you.

I've never had a bad transaction on FC. A few surprises, but nothing bad. :2c:

charliedontsurf,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
I just used Paypal to make a purchase in e classified section. Everything went smoothly, and I am extremely happy with my purchase. :)

Vicki,
I currently am working with a fellow fc member to do exactly what you're talking about, so far the communication has been great, just waiting on a few things. As other people have said just do the research, and make the best decision.

HenrikZetterDabs,
Awesome guys thanks alot for the advice. Im very confident in seller so far. I'm not trying to question the member's integrity i just wanted to see the common opinion about the topic. I'm confident things will work out! Thanks alot every1

nelslarson42,

Bon Dog

The think is with such a small community (and a community fill with people devoted to the forums) there are few if any assholes when it comes to selling bad shit... most of them are pot heads that just wana spread the love, so-to-speak... in other words they want other people to get just as high as they are lol :ko:

Bon Dog,

max

Out to lunch
charliedontsurf said:
The seller has by definition been around for many months with a minimum of 50 posts. You however have just registered today and have very few posts.. So if anything, they should be dubious of you.

I've never had a bad transaction on FC. A few surprises, but nothing bad. :2c:
Since the new guy has to send the $ first, his newness isn't an issue. ;)

Anyone using PayPal with someone they don't know, should be sure to avoid making the payment as a 'gift', since I don't think you get any protection that way. And the product being purchased should always be referred to (in dealing with PayPal) as an esential oil diffuser. That's even more innocent sounding, IMO, than an aromatherapy device. Stay away from calling it a vaporizer.

max,

Magic9

Plant Enthusiast
I have had two flawless transactions on FC (thanks!). Use the same common sense you use when buying anything online and there should not be a problem.

Magic9,

Bon Dog

As the forums become larger there will be more risk but for now u should be good

Bon Dog,
Thanks every1! I will be sure to stay away from sending money as a "gift." The seller will create an invoice for the proper amount, and will request me to pay for the item. This should offer me paypal protection as well. I have confidence in my fellow stoner. Trust and believe. And this guy seems like a really nice person. :] Sovereignty here i come!!!! :]]

nelslarson42,

Bon Dog

nelslarson42 said:
Thanks every1! I will be sure to stay away from sending money as a "gift." The seller will create an invoice for the proper amount, and will request me to pay for the item. This should offer me paypal protection as well. I have confidence in my fellow stoner. Trust and believe. And this guy seems like a really nice person. :] Sovereignty here i come!!!! :]]

let us know how it went! i hope u like it :brow:

Bon Dog,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
If it's a vaporizer that you're after, check out the seller's posts and take note if the seller posted anything about problems with the unit prior to putting it up for sale.
Also refer to the manufacturer's site regarding warranty. I've bought used a few times through FC and never had a problem and I think I've always used paypal. Pretty sure I bought a used Vapor Brothers from FC
and it eventually needed a repair and luckily VB has an excellent repair service policy and the cost was minimal.
Somewhat unrelated but I've also bought used out of state from craigslist (there's a nifty firefox add on that searches craigslist globally) using paypal and generally didn't have problems but it's obviously more risky.
Best purchase via global craigslist using paypal wasn't a vaporizer (this part is definitely unrelated) but a pristine restored set of Dynaco A25 speakers with home made wood stands. Amazing speakers, professionally packed, one of the best online transactions in my experience, but I digress.

jeffp,
Top Bottom