Iphone users

Nosferatu

I just got an Iphone 4 ans was wndering if theres a way to talk to it to make out a text instead of using keyboard. There must be an app for that... THANKS

Also feel free to post any good apps you know about!

Nosferatu,

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
ill look around, but one cool 'talk to make it do shit' app i have on my iphone 4, is google search. its free in the app store, has a blue logo with a white cursive G. you can say anything and it searches it, and it also has a feature called google goggles. google goggles lets you take a picture of anything, and search on google based on the picture you took.

a program called mobile mouse is nice if you use your computer on your television, or just want a multi purpose wifi based mouse/keyboard...very functional, has a free download for windows, mac, or linux. and I believe a free version of the app in the app store.

and the netflix app. its a free app, and if you dont already have netflix, the free 1 month trial is worth it! you can watch alot of tv shows/movies on the go...very handy.

Purpl3_Haz3,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I was disappointed that my iphone couldn't do the "talk-to-text" like my old android did. My buddy has a program on his that will perform this task, but then he has to copy it and then open up another program and paste it in that. I said no thanks. My android had a button right on every keyboard that allowed me to talk instead and it was very convenient. Hopefully Steve Jobs will get with the program and build something similar into the next version.

Stu,

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
Stu said:
I was disappointed that my iphone couldn't do the "talk-to-text" like my old android did. My buddy has a program on his that will perform this task, but then he has to copy it and then open up another program and paste it in that. I said no thanks. My android had a button right on every keyboard that allowed me to talk instead and it was very convenient. Hopefully Steve Jobs will get with the program and build something similar into the next version.

yeah, it seems as though jobs has a nasty habit of deciding what the end user does and does not want. I and many iphone users were left with no mms a few years back. jobs said no one wants mms anymore, we dont need it. jailbreakers / hackers came out with workarounds and solutions to support picture messaging, and apple would tell at&t to reverse the workarounds, or block them, etc...

i will look around, theres probably a jailbreak solution to do this for you...its not so much limitations of the iphone vs a droid, so much as the Ios vs the droid os...and both are user tweakable with some hacking..

Purpl3_Haz3,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
My new droid has that feature built in but on my blackberry I bought an ap called VLingo that did speech to text. It was okay...not great. There should be a free trial of it.

http://www.vlingo.com/apps/iphone

Lo,
Nosferatu said:
I just got an Iphone 4 ans was wndering if theres a way to talk to it to make out a text instead of using keyboard. There must be an app for that... THANKS

Also feel free to post any good apps you know about!

ipad 2 smart cover ipad2 keyboard leather ipad 2 covers

My buddy has a program on his that will perform this task, but then he has to copy it and then open up another program and paste it in that. I said no thanks.

gillian001,

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
BuddahMonk said:
I'm using a free app called "Dragon Dictation" on my iPhone4.

+1 : Dragon softwares and apps are leaders in the talk2text field (mac, pc, iphone...). It also makes navigation and handling hand's free possible! ;)

FLskwat,

wilf789

Non-combustion-convert
Didn't feel it was worthy to start a whole new thread over so searched for 'iPhone' and found this one.

Friend of mine posted on Fbook about this rather nifty iPhone case which has a convenient little compartment for the combusters among us: http://www.cultofmac.com/stash-a-joint-in-your-iphone-case-with-the-ihit/104555

Far from perfect but speaking as an experienced worrier about bending my pre-rolled spliffs, it sure sounds like a good idea in principle!

wilf789,
Top Bottom