Iolite vs. PD

Status
Not open for further replies.

trouble ethyl

So I own a Volcano, which I love, but I'm looking to expand my collection.

I've narrowed it down to the IO or the PD. I was hoping you guys and gals could steer me in the right direction. Here's what i'm looking to get out of this vape:

1. Portability - i'm in a band and we are gone a lot. i don't feel safe bringing a $600 machine with me to vape. i like that the IO doesn't require electricity, but it doesn't bother me that the PD needs it. It needs to fit in a backpack.

2. Efficiency - get the most from my blend.

3. Flexibility - I take a lot of solo flights, but I would the vape to be able to handle 2 to 3 people as well.

Those are the 3 big things i need out of a vape. I am concerned about waiting 3+ months for a PD. Can anyone comment on the wait time? Any other useful advice or suggestions is welcome. If you have a suggestion of another vape i should get, by all means. Please don't suggest that i sell my volcano and get them both.

Thanks for the help!

trouble ethyl,

TG20

Hmmmm new here, and have the same thing going on. Not really a traveler just have been reading up on the pd and am liking what I hear.. I have a digi volcano so the wait time is no biggie and i want something that just takes a little less herb to get me nice and medicated.. I noticed today that the volcano isn't the easiest to get the right dosage each time. But for me solo smoking on it I can still save herb. I mostly pack about .2 and that seems to be perfect for 2 bags of good vapor. That said .1 a bag isn't all that bad because the bags i use hold about 10 solid hits. But it's tough to beat a PD for personal use because the bowl only needs .025 I have heard. Anyone with both vapes that could elaborate on the differences would be appreciated.

TG20,

trouble ethyl

fuck it.
i broke down and got on the list for the PD.

i figured i have 9+ weeks to change my mind. :lol:

trouble ethyl,

TG20

Yea I'm leaning towards the same, don't get me wrong I am in love with my volcano but I have an extra 180 to kick around so what the hell. And this thing is stupid efficient... lol

TG20,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
I think you made a great choice Theory!! I have both and love both for different reasons BUT I feel like the PD is my main squeeze and is easy to care for, uses WAY less weed... loads less maintenance. Don't get me wrong, my Iolite is with me about every time I get in the car but I feel I'd be lost without my PD at home. It really is like comparing apples and oranges to me...

I actually am a little OCD and I kept thinking the Iolite was kind of 'gadgety'. This made me nervous it would break and I'd be stuck away from home, forced to combust... maybe the melting stem thing helped fuel my fear.... I honestly felt I needed to have an emergency backup WITH ME when I leave the house. I ended up with the 2nd Iolite and then a Launch Box. So far - knock on wood.... They've kept on working but I'm prepared for an emergency :D

Lo,

indigal

Amongst the corn
It is apples to oranges, dead on lo.
I first experienced vaporizing from a friends IO. Fell in love and ordered one within a week. It's great, but in a very different way than the PD is great. If I had to choose only one, I'd go with the PD. I am a mostly home/hotel room/friends house vaper. The IO has not been touched since I got my PD except to take road trips with us, vape in the woods, or before a movie. In my worldview, I need both and would have to replace either immediately if I lost one.

I am however looking with a curious eye at the glass Vapor Genie. As a former glass pipe girl, I kinda like the throwback to playing with fire. Plus it appears to be made especially well, but breakable..

indigal,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom